All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists

Sammyswordsman

14 minutes ago, RedZone said:

DLS is 2-8 vs Tier 1 (those teams) since 2004.

Ugly looking.

0-2 STA

0-2 don bosco

0-1 Lakeland

0-2 Mater Dei

2-1 Bishop Gorman (the Bishop crushed DLS for their win)

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Good thing DLS didn't face Allen and that bunch.....lol

What was the ranking of the teams you posted? How many of those teams was DLS favored over. And DLS is still 1-0 against the swamps best. 

7 hours ago, badrouter said:

I just did a quick scan on Maxpreps. I'm totally unconvinced the Allen run was better than SLC's. Kyler Murray being a bigger name than SLC's QBs is meaningless here IMO.

Two things stick out to me.

1) I'm unable to shake how bad that Smithson Valley team was that Carroll played in 2004 (and barely beat).

2) That both teams played very similar DFW-heavy schedules. We're told that their schedules were super tough but you'd be hard-pressed to find much of a challenge beyond an occasional Trinity or Katy.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

He's talking about the later streak years.

One year after the streak ended DLS started to fade....they actually started to fade the year before 2004 when they lost 3 games then blew up Norcal yet again.

The streak was a sham.

De La Salle (Concord, CA) North Coast Bay Valley 4A East Bay 8-3-2 0-0 5-0 59 39 110-42-2
WINS: #342 Amador Valley (Pleasanton, CA) (41-0), #379 Pittsburg (CA) (35-14), #379 Pittsburg (CA) (31-6), #1045 Monte Vista (Danville, CA) (35-7), #1508 Mitty (San Jose, CA) (49-0), #2790 Liberty (Brentwood, CA) (55-7), #3028 Ygnacio Valley (Concord, CA) (35-21), #3900 Freedom (Oakley, CA) (62-15), LOSSES: #3 Mission Viejo (CA) (17-14), #19 Clovis West (Fresno, CA) (30-12), #29 Bellevue (WA) (39-20), TIES: #730 Palma (Salinas, CA) (7-7), #1622 Clayton Valley (Concord, CA) (17-17)

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Evangel went 10-3 against it and DLS was a lot better than all of those "tough" teams that you claimed that they played.

Who out of Rockhurst, West Monroe, Hoover, Hahnville and Longview would've ended De La Salle's streak?

I don't know...who thought Bellevue, WA would end it?.....You?

Evangel would have been better in 2003 with John David Booty...everyone here knows that. That's the Evangel team the nation wanted to see play vs DLS.......not some 5-10 converted WR at QB.

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Evangel would have been better in 2003 with John David Booty...everyone here knows that.

Which has nothing to do with what I said.

You're so insecure about Louisiana teams that you twist yourself into a pretzel to defend them (and diminish that DLS team).

None of those teams would've beaten DLS and likely wouldn't have been any closer than 17 points.

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Which has nothing to do with what I said.

Sure it does. They went 10-4 without John David Booty....that team had some talent, but losing your 5* QB is sorta a big deal, Finch.

You said "Evangel went 10-3 against it and DLS was a lot better than all of those "tough" teams that you claimed that they played."

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

My point is DLS NEVER faced an Evangel 2003 schedule during their streak years......not once, NOT even close.

That schedule was overrated. It had a bunch of "names" but half of them actually sucked.

Hoover wasn't stopping De La Salle. Rockhurst would've gotten stomped. Hahnville? Fat chance. Longview? LOL.

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Pull the schedules up. You are almost as good as me on research. They are out there.

I already have.

Evangel basically played 5 "name" schools outside of De La Salle. The rest of the schedule was typical Louisiana garbage.

The idea that the 2003 DLS was lucky not to play Rockhurst, Hoover and Longview is ridiculous.

56 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They went 10-4 without John David Booty....that team had some talent, but losing your 5* QB is sorta a big deal, Finch.

Losing the QB was a factor. Nobody argues that.

But they still had everybody else. Their lines were handled by DLS and yet they still beat West Monroe and Rockhurst and barely lost to Hoover.

DLS rolls that schedule.

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Evangel basically played 5 "name" schools outside of De La Salle

Preparing for "name schools" is a little more difficult and harder on the head/body than facing the Foothills, Monte Vista's and etc.....Teams DLS has beat like a drum for a 1000 years. lol

Evangel logged in some major travel miles too.....it's all good though.