All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists

Sammyswordsman

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

For example, SJB wasn't beating MD twice in 2019. They knew that. So, they had to approach the first game, not as a win-at-all-costs, but as an information gathering game where they possibly set MD up for the rematch. They had a very different approach in the rematch. They could only afford to approach it that way because they knew they'd have a rematch.

That's not why they lost the first game. They lost because they weren't the better team.

There's no strategy ever made where getting behind 28-5 in the second half is part of the plan.

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You can want to include DLS on the list and still acknowledge that the overall resume was lacking. Beating Poly, Mater Dei and St. Louis is not the best resume by a long shot.

Compared to the OOS games we have seen in recent years, I would agree.   But back in the 1999-2003 years, those DLS marquee games were unique and a pretty big deal. 

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Compared to the OOS games we have seen in recent years, I would agree.   But back in the 1999-2003 years, those DLS marquee games were unique and a pretty big deal. 

They were only unique because their playoff system sucked so bad that they didn't play Poly and/or Mater Dei in a state championship game like in every other state.

St. Louis was a nice matchup but nobody was clamoring for it. They had won 125+ games in a row at that point. They should've played someone from Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc.

4 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They were only unique because their playoff system sucked so bad that they didn't play Poly and/or Mater Dei in a state championship game like in every other state.

St. Louis was a nice matchup but nobody was clamoring for it. They had won 125+ games in a row at that point. They should've played someone from Florida, Texas, Ohio, etc.

During 1999-2003 it would be hard to find 4+ teams with more impressive Out of district wins.

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

During 1999-2003 it would be hard to find 4+ teams with more impressive Out of district wins.

Once again you're employing a time period that isn't 3 years.

This time you're using 5 years.

And we're not comparing teams in the same years. We're comparing three year runs.

So I'd suggest that your claim is not only irrelevant to the topic but also untrue in this context.

20 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Once again you're employing a time period that isn't 3 years.

This time you're using 5 years.

And we're not comparing teams in the same years. We're comparing three year runs.

So I'd suggest that your claim is not only irrelevant to the topic but also untrue in this context.

I was putting the issue of scheduling out of district opponents up for context per the era.

If you want to limit the conversation to the 3 year period of 2000-2002 or 1999-2001 it will be generally the same result.

39 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

In the year 2000 West Monroe beat 2 USA Today Top 25 teams (proof provided if needed), they beat State Runner-up John Curtis and State Runner-up Clarksdale, MS......Clarksdale beat South Panola that year 21-6 and Clarksdale would go on to win state the next year (2001) as did John Curtis.

How that 2000 West Monroe team got the shaft is beyond me....DLS played NO ONE in 2000.......good thing there were a couple more realistic polls around at that time. Wish they were still around.

Clarksdale, MS 2000

bandicam 2021-04-22 11-13-59-052.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I was putting the issue of scheduling out of district opponents up for context per the era.

If you want to limit the conversation to the 3 year period of 2000-2002 or 1999-2001 it will be generally the same result.

You are over the map, just stop.

• Thumbs Down 1