All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists

Sammyswordsman

22 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Are you the Uber driver that was shuttling Dollars and Cridell back to San Bernardino county after every game? 

Nope. & I know you’re just pulling things out of your ass but they weren’t from San Bernardino. Are you the guy that went to island to pick up otukolo, Garrett, gaoteote bros etc? How is the team now that it’s primarily made up of 702 talent? #average 

On 4/28/2021 at 4:27 PM, CaliNorth said:

Only bigger blowout was DLS in 99 beating top ranked MD 41-0 , lol .  Then there is the BTW - Norcross . 

MD wasn’t top ranked when we lose to DLS in 99 42-0...it was a down year for MD and everyone knew it. MD returned 3 starter in total from the year before. Our best running back was playing QB for the first half of the year. And the QB that would end up winning the Heisman was still recovering from elbow surgery...we got rolled and to make matters worse someone stole my backpack at SFO on the way back

4 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD wasn’t top ranked when we lose to DLS in 99 42-0...it was a down year for MD and everyone knew it. MD returned 3 starter in total from the year before. Our best running back was playing QB for the first half of the year. And the QB that would end up winning the Heisman was still recovering from elbow surgery...we got rolled and to make matters worse someone stole my backpack at SFO on the way back

It may have  ended up as a down year , but before Dela ,  it was projected to be a great season for MD . I talked with some of the MD people before game and they were telling me that that season was supposed to be MD"s best ever . Your future Heisman played later in the game after it was all over . And I do recall that MD was higher ranked than Dela preseason that year. I could be wrong , but that is what I recall . Dela wasn't top ranked in 99 .  Did LBP beat you in playoffs that season ?

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

It may have  ended up as a down year , but before Dela ,  it was projected to be a great season for MD . I talked with some of the MD people before game and they were telling me that that season was supposed to be MD"s best ever . Your future Heisman played later in the game after it was all over . And I do recall that MD was higher ranked than Dela preseason that year.

This line of reasoning is extremely silly.

Preseason rankings become meaningless the second that the first game is played.

Who cares about what people *thought* after the season has been played and we know how good they *actually* were?

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

It may have  ended up as a down year , but before Dela ,  it was projected to be a great season for MD . I talked with some of the MD people before game and they were telling me that that season was supposed to be MD"s best ever . Your future Heisman played later in the game after it was all over . And I do recall that MD was higher ranked than Dela preseason that year. I could be wrong , but that is what I recall . Dela wasn't top ranked in 99 .  Did LBP beat you in playoffs that season ?

I Believe MD was Ranked #1 or #2 to start the season but lost a game before the DLS game.....

If I remember Correctly MD and LBP Tied in the SS D1 Championship.... Not sure if the tie was in 99 or 00.....

I was at the 99 DLS vs MD game and I agree it was the Most Dominating HSFB game I have seen between top teams because the talent gap wasn’t like you see now where teams have 25-30 D1 players.....

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I Believe MD was Ranked #1 or #2 to start the season but lost a game before the DLS game.....

If I remember Correctly MD and LBP Tied in the SS D1 Championship.... Not sure if the tie was in 99 or 00.....

1999 sounds right because in the 4-year series Mater Dei's record got progressively worse.

I think it went:

1998: 13-1

1999: 11-2-1

2000: 9-3

2001: 8-5

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

This line of reasoning is extremely silly.

Preseason rankings become meaningless the second that the first game is played.

Who cares about what people *thought* after the season has been played and we know how good they *actually* were?

This was started as to a response to a post calling the MD shutout of BG in 2018 as most dominant win ever by top teams , as witnessed by the poster . BG was way down in 2018 , at least to start  of season . MD was highly rated and if memory is correct , they tied LBP in Socal final that season .  

7 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

There are various articles detailing how Al Martell moved his whole family and his business to Las Vegas. Don’t be clueless. 

Those articles clearly quote Al Martell in his recruiting search for a program to transfer his son to, including his visits to Mater Dei and SJ Bosco. The fact that he had a family business was not a factor in his move to Vegas.