Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC?

RedZone

I suspect Alabama is about to start entering a Fleeting fame state.... just a hunch but I dont think Saban has alot more left in the tank. 

And yall are stuck behind this "Mighty SEC" illusion wall.... 

Yall have Georgia,Alabama and Florida with a 4th team that cycles through usually LSU,A&M and Auburn taking turns.  Those are your usual Good teams. 

Then you have a few Average teams 

And The rest... 

The SEC is Overrated

Yall dont hear that though.... 

2/3 maybe 4 teams do good then all of a sudden the whole conference is Amazing... 

You even praise some of the bottom feeders while bashing the bottom feeder teams in other conferences. 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Oklahoma can barely beat Kansas St........Kansas St has that 2 game winning streak.

2020: (4-6) Kansas St 38 Oklahoma 35 

2019: (8-5) Kansas St 48 Oklahoma 41

Oklahoma's defense is a joke. They give up a million points a year. They just refuse to play defense.

There he goes!

Coming to the conclusion he wants beforehand (you know, the one that makes him feel good) and then scouring for any tidbit that can help him avoid admitting something uncomfortable.

"LSU can barely beat (insert team)."

We can do this all do if we want to distract from the subject (which you certainly do).

Nah, Oklahoma will still get most of their defensive players from Texas......and, that just isn't working out for Boomer Sooner for whatever reasons.

If Sooner were to get 3 or 4 Louisiana kids, couple from Georgia and Florida they might could scratch a defense together.

They have two STA kids starting on their defense.

Rude awakening coming for RedZone. But he'll never admit it even after it happens.

....but, it's just not true. I was never worried in that Texas game. We scored every time we had the ball basically.

I was worried when we beat Auburn 23-20.

I forgot Auburn played you guys tough. I was at the Texas vs LSU game. Awesome experience

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The SEC is Overrated

Yall dont hear that though.... 

2/3 maybe 4 teams do good then all of a sudden the whole conference is Amazing... 

You even praise some of the bottom feeders while bashing the bottom feeder teams in other conferences.

They say things about non-SEC schools that they would never say in reverse.

When LSU kills Georgia by 4 TDs it's "LSU is awesome! SEC, SEC!"

When LSU kills Oklahoma by 5 TDs it's "Oklahoma is terrible! The Big 12 is an embarrassment!"

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

They say things about non-SEC schools that they would never say in reverse.

When LSU kills Oklahoma by 5 TDs it's "Oklahoma is terrible! The Big 12 is an embarrassment!"

The SEC gets slack from the Committee as well... 

It still irks me that 11-1 Alabama 

Lost the West Division to Auburn 

And didn't get to the SEC title game. 

Gets a 4 seed. 

Because "All the other teams had 2 or more losses" 

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Wishful thinker who can never admit something that he doesn't like.

You must have forgotten to tell Arkasnas, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Missouri about that.

Arkansas, Kentucky & Tenn are Basketball schools. They really don't care about football. Vandy is about Baseball. SEC is overrated in football when you really look at the schools in it. 

I wonder if we might see USC and UCLA leave the Pac-12, possibly to present opportunities to Notre Dame, Texas and Oklahoma to form a super, national conference? It's clear-and understandable- that Texas and Oklahoma wish to escape the Big 12. But, the SEC is a snake pit. 

Perhaps we could see a new conference with:

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Texas 

Oklahoma 

Notre Dame

And then with those lined up, maybe they could force another couple of defections from other leagues. Perhaps Penn St., Maryland and UNC, for example?  

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I wonder if we might see USC and UCLA leave the Pac-12, possibly to present opportunities to Notre Dame, Texas and Oklahoma to form a super, national conference? It's clear-and understandable- that Texas and Oklahoma wish to escape the Big 12. But, the SEC is a snake pit. 

Perhaps we could see a new conference with:

USC

UCLA

Oregon

Washington

Texas 

Oklahoma 

Notre Dame

And then with those lined up, maybe they could force another couple of defections from other leagues. Perhaps Penn St., Maryland and UNC, for example?  

Not a lot of recent national champs there

19 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The SEC gets slack from the Committee as well... 

It still irks me that 11-1 Alabama 

Lost the West Division to Auburn 

And didn't get to the SEC title game. 

Gets a 4 seed. 

Because "All the other teams had 2 or more losses" 

And still won the 2017 National Championship. You left out that part.

16 hours ago, Bormio said:

Not a lot of recent national champs there

Right, those would be just about exclusively SEC teams + Clemson. You don't get any of those teams, you're lacking recent national titles. Historical national titles for that group are numerous. Only Oregon in the primary list has never won one, and they were in a CFP title game seven years ago.

20 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

Here it comes.

The SEC fanboy "I was never worried!" argument.

45-38 final.

"But I was never worried!"

We were up by 2 TDs with 2 minutes to go and never trailed......Texas scored with 22 seconds left to make it 45-38.

I never said the game did not get interesting a couple times.

18 hours ago, SubZero said:

Arkansas, Kentucky & Tenn are Basketball schools. They really don't care about football. Vandy is about Baseball. SEC is overrated in football when you really look at the schools in it. 

Arkansas & Tennessee are Good at Basketball but I wouldn't say they don't care about football.... 

Now Kentucky I can agree with this on... 

20 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Very True!

Very True!

Oklahoma has been an embarrassment in the College Playoffs and there is NO denying that fact......the BEST of the Big 12. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 8:49 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Idk Oklahoma has had the SEC's number when it mattered most... outside of Georgia.

UGA and Bama have the two divisions on lock, so OU's AWOL from the CFP for the foreseeable future.  And in case anyone really thinks OU has a D now, please.  The Gators had their top FOUR receivers out.  

22 minutes ago, MD87 said:

UGA and Bama have the two divisions on lock, so OU's AWOL from the CFP for the foreseeable future.  And in case anyone really thinks OU has a D now, please.  The Gators had their top FOUR receivers out.  

Fla was run off the football field they had no offense nor D!  OU hung 55 on them. 

UT beat GA a few years back in a bowl game and OU took them to the wire in another semifinals.  UGA has nothing on lock, they’ve done less than either OU or UT