Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC?

RedZone

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

True but the SEC is a big name. 

But Texas needs to first find a suitable damn coach.... 

Texas is a mess because the boosters run the program.  As long as that continues, they won’t be what they should be.  They may have an occasional year because of talent, but the losing has diminished even that.

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Caj was downplaying Texas’ relevance for LSU, but it it their #1 OOS site the last 10 years with 37 signees,

.....37 signees in 10 years is not really raiding a state, Dr. Bormio....37 commits out of a possible 250 or so? 

You do know Texas borders Louisiana, right?.....and WE will always get a couple or 3 from Texas.

Quit trying so hard.

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

.....37 signees in 10 years is not really raiding a state, Dr. Bormio....37 commits out of a possible 250 or so? 

You do know Texas borders Louisiana, right?.....and WE will always get a couple or 3 from Texas.

Quit trying so hard.

Yeah, but OOS signees tend to be bigger targets.  You don’t go OOS for what you can get at home.  10 studs over 4 years can have a huge impact on a program.  And 37 is 30% of the Louisiana number over the same time - hardly a drop in the bucket.

16 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Quit trying so hard.

LSU currently has the #4 rated recruiting class for 2022 without 1 Texas commit. We have 10 spots left give or take a couple........My best guess is we pick up a couple Texans. If that's the way it works out that's the way it works out. We do VERY WELL in Georgia and Florida too and we are killing Louisiana this year.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

LSU is a National Brand now and recruits nationally as well as anyone.....Coach 0 is not a lazy recruiter like some before him here.

Do I look or sound worried? lol

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

LSU currently has the #4 rated recruiting class for 2022 without 1 Texas commit. We have 10 spots left give or take a couple........My best guess is we pick up a couple Texans. If that's the way it works out that's the way it works out. We do very in Georgia and Florida too and we are killing Louisiana this year.

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

LSU is a National Brand now and recruits nationally as well as anyone.....Coach 0 is not a lazy recruiter like some before him here.

Do I look or sound worried? lol

Yeah, but you don’t make decisions for LSU and Coach O has said Houston is critical for them.

The only thing that concerns me is keeping Alabama and Saban out of Louisiana.......that bothers me a little, but there is nothing I or anyone can do about it. Just the way it is.

..2 more this year committed to Alabama from the Bayou. It's not uncommon for Alabama to have 5 or 6 starters from Louisiana any given year. These are players that are being drafted and drafted early.

This year I believe 4-5 Alabama starters will be from Louisiana.

Check it out. 

51 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Texas is a mess because the boosters run the program.  As long as that continues, they won’t be what they should be.  They may have an occasional year because of talent, but the losing has diminished even that.

I'm just saying do you expect Texas to swap conferences and not have something up their sleeves? 

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm just saying do you expect Texas to swap conferences and not have something up their sleeves? 

Everything they touched recently has turned to lead.  They joined the Big 12 and blew it up, the Longhorn Network has been a dud.  One year recently they had no players picked in the NFL draft - this is TEXAS we are talking about.  The people running the show now don’t seem very smart.

18 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Everything they touched recently has turned to lead.  They joined the Big 12 and blew it up, the Longhorn Network has been a dud.  One year recently they had no players picked in the NFL draft - this is TEXAS we are talking about.  The people running the show now don’t seem very smart.

😂 it’s one of the richest athletic programs in the country, highest revenue inspite of LHN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/texas/.amp/news/texas-longhorns-annual-revenue-200-million-burnt-orange-in-the-black

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂 it’s one of the richest athletic programs in the country, highest revenue inspite of LHN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/texas/.amp/news/texas-longhorns-annual-revenue-200-million-burnt-orange-in-the-black

I understand why the SEC wants Texas, and why Texas wants the SEC. Texas is loaded with money.  The SEC better remember what they did to the Big 12 though.  There are programs that may not want Texas to join, but if the power structure wants it, hard to see it stopped.  Money talks … loudly.

18 minutes ago, Bormio said:

I understand why the SEC wants Texas, and why Texas wants the SEC. Texas is loaded with money.  The SEC better remember what they did to the Big 12 though.  There are programs that may not want Texas to join, but if the power structure wants it, hard to see it stopped.  Money talks … loudly.

Yes.  My position is wait n see how texas proceeds from here.  They’re far from a bunch of yokels you tried to portray though.  They very much have made great $$ decisions over the years than bad financial ones 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes.  My position is wait n see how texas proceeds from here.  They’re far from a bunch of yokels you tried to portray though.  They very much have made great $$ decisions over the years than bad financial ones 

The boosters are great businessmen … but lousy at running a football program.  The same state that has Jerry Jones.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The boosters are great businessmen … but lousy at running a football program.  The same state that has Jerry Jones.

What does Jerry jones have to do with UT boosters? There is no relationship between the two, they simply and coincidentally share the same state. 

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What does Jerry jones have to do with UT boosters? There is no relationship between the two, they simply and coincidentally share the same state. 

Nothing, but Cowboys have the same issue.  A guy(s) running the show that is not really good at it.

41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If the SEC keeps letting these washed up programs in, they're gonna get worse watered down than they already are with the addition of Mizzou. 

Must be a money thing. Certainly not a competition thing. xD

It's going to be funny when Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M are the three best teams in the new West Division.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's going to be funny when Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M are the three best teams in the new West Division.

Texas and Oklahoma are going to find out what it is to grind every week with teams that are in the top 25 in team recruiting most every year.

No more big fish in a little pond. 

Just now, RedZone said:

Texas and Oklahoma are going to find out what it is to grind every week with teams that are in the top 25 in team recruiting most every year.

Like Missouri did when they joined the SEC and almost immediately won two East Division titles? Give us all a break with this mythology crap.

They will join the league and immediately be better than Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas and Missouri.

Then all that's left is LSU who may be in the tank by then.

An 8-5 Texas played the best LSU team of all-time and only lost by a touchdown.

Oklahoma has beaten Alabama, Auburn and Florida in bowl games over the last 8 seasons.

Oklahoma and Texas will be perennial SEC Championship contenders.

• Haha 1