Worst Concert you've ever been to?

ChimpGrip

15 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Have you ever gone to see an artist (maybe one who's quite famous) only to leave disappointed?

Billy Idol

came out too F'd up to play or even walk one night....

Does a booed offstage, No Concert...

count as a concert ?

🤪

PS: But that was pretty much expected to be worse than the album 😝

BTW: Good bands ALWAYS sound better live...LOL🤓

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Have you ever gone to see an artist (maybe one who's quite famous) only to leave disappointed?

Never. 

There is good music and there is great music, there is no such thing as bad music. I have left two concerts early in my life. One gave me a splitting headache. Just too loud after a hard day at work. Another time I was just too tired from work, I had to leave although I did not want to. Again, just too exhausted from work. 

I feel asleep during a couple shows, both classical. Same reason. I was just spent. 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Billy Idol

came out too F'd up to play or even walk one night....

Does a booed offstage, No Concert...

count as a concert ?

🤪

PS: But that was pretty much expected to be worse than the album 😝

BTW: Good bands ALWAYS sound better live...LOL🤓

I saw Jeff Beck in the Bronx. He showed up way late and was an asshole. The crowd ran him off throwing bottles at the stage. That was a pretty dangerous situation all in all. They don't take no shit in the Bronx. LOL

Do you recall Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen? They opened for Hot Tuna at the Capital in teh early 70's. 

The Commander was very drunk. He simply leaned over to his left as he was playing his piano and puked. Never missed a note. LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

I saw Jeff Beck in the Bronx. He showed up way late and was an asshole. The crowd ran him off throwing bottles at the stage. That was a pretty dangerous situation all in all. They don't take no shit in the Bronx. LOL

Do you recall Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen? They opened for Hot Tuna at the Capital in teh early 70's. 

The Commander was very drunk. He simply leaned over to his left as he was playing his piano and puked. Never missed a note. LOL

Never saw them,

But a Capitol show was always fun.

....And I don't remember them taking too much 💩 there either

🤣

PS: Somehow I picture you at the Ritz tho....NYC guy and all 😝

BTW: Tesla did a nice Acoustical Jam I saw there...only problem was...crowd was so wild we ruined all the live soundtracks.  So they had to release that Album from the Philly recordings....🙄 go figure LOL

• Like 1

I can't really think of any, usually if the set is bad I generally manage find something to amuse me. I saw Brit Death/Metalcore band Labrat stagger on stage pissed as farts, announce themselves as LA Brat in a really terrible drawling 'Merican accent and then proceeded to play their set as some kind of Sludge Metal - Country and Western hybrid - it was truly awful but at the same time hilariously funny.

I once walked out on Metallica, not because it was bad but because it was arse-numbingly boring, half-way through I thought to myself - if that twonk plays drum solo I'm going home. Sure enough Ulrich lurched into a plodding drum solo that I could still hear from the car-park.

52 minutes ago, KoolingGrew said:

I can't really think of any, usually if the set is bad I generally manage find something to amuse me. I saw Brit Death/Metalcore band Labrat stagger on stage pissed as farts, announce themselves as LA Brat in a really terrible drawling 'Merican accent and then proceeded to play their set as some kind of Sludge Metal - Country and Western hybrid - it was truly awful but at the same time hilariously funny.

I once walked out on Metallica, not because it was bad but because it was arse-numbingly boring, half-way through I thought to myself - if that twonk plays drum solo I'm going home. Sure enough Ulrich lurched into a plodding drum solo that I could still hear from the car-park.

LOL...You think UK 'Merican accents are bad on a Metal band...

When some "Loudness" band I never heard of opened a show

the Japanese accents were...well...

different ?!?

🤣

PS: I've seen a couple Metallica shows where the openers where better...

...most notably Queensryche blew them away live on the same stage one night.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Troll said:

And I don't remember them taking too much 💩 there either

Yes, the Passaic cops ran wild at the concerts. They would actually bust you for smoking pot in the men's room! 

It was cool, in 1980 I bought my first home in Passaic. (Big old Victorian, it was awesome. Servant quarters on the 3rd floor, elevator in the foyer) I would walk to the concerts. 

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Somehow I picture you at the Ritz tho....NYC guy and all 😝

You could find me at the Ritz Carlton bar on weekends, absolutely. I was pretty good at fitting in anywhere I was. I always like to be a part of different worlds at the same time. 

Heck, I'd have concert tickets at Lincoln Center one weekend, at the Capital the next. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

Yes, the Passaic cops ran wild at the concerts. They would actually bust for for smoking pot in the men's room! 

It was cool, in 1980 I bought my first home in Passaic. (Big old Victorian, it was awesome. Servant quarters on the 3rd floor, elevator in the foyer) I would walk to the concerts. 

You could find me at the Ritz Carlton bar on weekends, absolutely. I was pretty good at fitting in anywhere I was. I always like to be a part of different worlds at the same time. 

Heck, I'd have concert tickets at Lincoln Center one weekend, at the Capital the next. 

LOL

I had an old Victorian once.

No elevator...

...But it DID have legit shuffleboard

and Bocce courts.

😝

PS: I added the Horseshoe pits LOL .......sacrilegious???

BTW: Agree with you on the 'many places' to fit in.  😏 

• Like 1

For those of you who are older, Jan and Dean were big stars in the 60s. Unfortunately Jan got into a horrible auto accident in his Corvette Stingray in '66. Brain damage, partial paralysis, and resulting aphasia.

Years later (not sure when), they were to appear at Disneyland. The show was delayed for a considerable time because Jan didn't feel up to appearing. Eventually they were able to convince him to come out and try to perform. Needless to say, the concert was less than stellar, but I and the rest of the audience didn't hold it against them. I think that we were just glad to see that Jan was attempting a comeback, and this was a good sign that he was making progress. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Troll said:

I had an old Victorian once.

I should have never sold mine. Way big mistake. The woodwork was spectacular. It had an octagon shaped sitting room, even teh wood inlays on teh floor were done as such. It was right off the bedroom. I am tell you, I miss that place and I sold it almost 35 years ago. Plus the convenience of living there. I could walk to strip clubs, a beautiful park to jog and play basketball in. Heck, the hospital my kids were born in was only a block away. Same with doctors. Of course, most folks were a bit fearful of such areas, as you know. 

Even my dad told me he would not visit me there when I bought it. lol

53 minutes ago, Rippers said:

In my defense, I got the tix for free.  I think half the crowd was laughing at them and the other half was completely into it...I was on the laughing side.

If it's a show... go.... LOL

I wound up with several tix front row center for a "Flock of Seagulls opening for the Go-Go's"  🤣

Probably would not have gone, if not for the seating

Went / brought a couple women to the show

Wound up hanging out with the bands in the parking lot

Went home with a used set of Go-Go's drumsticks LOL

and can't say I had a bad time

😁

• Haha 1