Graham-Kapowsin further demonstrates the "Mythical" in MNC

badrouter

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I like Ohio football and watch a couple of their games every year. I just think our high schools here match up in size with the Ohio high schools.

Ohio doesn't have any high schools with enrollments of 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 and even 7000 students like Texas. 

Springfield, OH, who played St Edward for the Ohio D1 Title this year has an enrollment of 1700. That's Louisiana size. I don't see why we couldn't deal with that.  Colerain has an enrollment of just under 1800.... and etc

Louisiana is a TINY state, people just don't know how small it is. WE have more alligators than people here, nah> just kidding about that.

We do have over over 2 million alligators here though, some say more. Only 4.6 million people.

Louisiana 5A State Champ game Team enrollments this year.

Zachary-1600

Ponchatoula-1900

49 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I like Ohio football and watch a couple of their games every year. I just think our high schools here match up in size with the Ohio high schools.

Ohio doesn't have any high schools with enrollments of 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 and even 7000 students like Texas. 

Springfield, OH, who played St Edward for the Ohio D1 Title this year has an enrollment of 1700. That's Louisiana size. I don't see why we couldn't deal with that.  Colerain has an enrollment of just under 1800.... and etc

Louisiana is a TINY state, people just don't know how small it is. WE have more alligators than people here, nah> just kidding about that.

We do have over over 2 million alligators here though, some say more. Only 4.6 million people.

...and I guess a school like Edna Carr is considered a big school in LA, yet would be considered a smaller school in more populous states.  Looks like in the following states they would fall in the following classifications. TX 4A, FL 4A, GA 3A

I would not be surprised if they would be a perennial state title contender in any state when competing against comparably sized schools. 

7 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

And?

History has proven that once enrollment reaches about 1,600 it has diminishing returns thereafter.

A school with 1,900 can play with anybody.

The real number is the amount of football participants the schools have. Round here we have schools with 1000 less students than another school but 50 more players in the football program. I am sure it can be like that in other places as well. Keeping this talking about public schools because obviously privates schools can build good teams with a much lower student body count for obvious reasons.

30 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Graham-Kapowsin, WA-1,906 enrollment

Collins Hill, GA-3100 enrollment

In addition to the difference in student population, my guess is there is a substantial difference in the available talent pool for each coach, especially considering CH is in loaded Gwinnett County.  "Kapowsin is considered a rural area based on its population density."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

The real number is the amount of football participants the schools have. Round here we have schools with 1000 less students than another school but 50 more players in the football program. I am sure it can be like that in other places as well. Keeping this talking about public schools because obviously privates schools can build good teams with a much lower student body count for obvious reasons.

Very true.  For instance, there are large schools with predominantly Hispanic student populations that do poorly in football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

In addition to the difference in student population, my guess is there is a substantial difference in the available talent pool for each coach, especially considering CH is in loaded Gwinnett County.  "Kapowsin is considered a rural area based on its population density."

The school is in Graham.

Which is 16 miles from Tacoma.

So not rural.