Graham-Kapowsin further demonstrates the "Mythical" in MNC

badrouter

25 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

it doesn't.. It is mostly as you said driven on reputation and D1 prospects..At least D1 prospects that are known via the rating services.. It's all just to feed the growing monster that is the business of exploiting high school football players for ad dollars and of course the street agents that feed the info in as well as help push kids a certain way.. It's a wonderful thing these carpetbaggers and scalawags are doing to this game..😟

Every state likely has at least one team that everyone loves to pick on because year after year they have top tier talent yet get knocked out of the playoffs and never win a state title.  And a common thread is revolving door for coaches. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

Every state likely has at least one team that everyone loves to pick on because year after year they have top tier talent yet get knocked out of the playoffs and never win a state title.  And a common thread is revolving door for coaches. 

North Cobb... 

For Damn Sure.... 

Always loaded... 

Makes a 2nd RD exit every year... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

Here that would be Dover

With some pollsters at the state level, it's like moth to the flame stuff.  Every year they rank certain teams based upon their talent level.  "This must be their year!"  And they invariably flop.  What they keep ignoring is that the school/community culture and coaching stability has not improved, yet they expect results to change.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OldCoach said:

I have a question about Collins Hill.  Last year they had a solid season, but narrowly defeated some marginal teams and got beaten by East Coweta.  They lost handily to Grayson times two, so were nowhere near the discussion of top teams in the country.  And the years just prior to that, they were nothing special. 

What happened that so suddenly caused pollsters to vault this program in such an incredible manner?      

Well, publics that are not historically consistently gunning for the ship, typically cycle every 4-5 years and this group headlined by Travis Hunter and Sam Horn got them there. 

I don’t think CH would be in this convo if it wasn’t for those two players. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I would bet on Collins Hill, Milton and probably Mill Creek against Buford this season and not really be nervous except for the Mill Creek bet. I'd probably win all three bets. 

I'd trust this man, he came in *checks notes* 12th in this year's pick em...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I'd trust this man, he came in *checks notes* 12th in this year's pick em...

Also finished first last year. Got behind and had to start taking some swings late this season. 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No you won’t. 

Guarantee Buford takes 2 of those three bare minimum. 

bgw

Too bad we'll never know for sure because Buford wouldn't ever fukn send it. xD

I hate to bring project a match up in, but, they go with Collins Hill to basically double up on Buford and Milton to squeak by. Then Buford to squeak by Mill Creek. 

I feel dirty now having even used that project a crap. Hahaha 

Its all we got though. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Also finished first last year. Got behind and had to start taking some swings late this season. 🤷‍♂️

Too bad we'll never know for sure because Buford wouldn't ever fukn send it. xD

I hate to bring project a match up in, but, they go with Collins Hill to basically double up on Buford and Milton to squeak by. Then Buford to squeak by Mill Creek. 

I feel dirty now having even used that project a crap. Hahaha 

Its all we got though. 

Bahahahaha!!!

Oh we gonna fukn sent it Homeslice!

bgw

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Probably a combination of things really. Coaching changed and the rise of Warner Robins came along. Pretty much three schools splitting up the talent in Warner Robins/Houston County 

Northside vs Warner Robins used to be THE game in that area.  Now it's one team blowing the other out by 35+ points.  Must be sad for the people in central GA.   

7 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

Northside vs Warner Robins used to be THE game in that area.  Now it's one team blowing the other out by 35+ points.  Must be sad for the people in central GA.   

Coach Marquis Westbrook is one of the youngest coaches in the state and a native son of Warner Robins who played for the Florida Gators... 

He's Charismatic and he's a high-powered offensive minded coach... 

If I had to make a comparison his squads are sort of Cen10 Lite... 

He came back and took over as HC and in his 1st season the results of him gutting the program and bringing in his youthful change was visible... 

He took state his first season as HC. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OldCoach said:

Northside was a tough out for anybody in the state back in the three runs and a cloud of dust days. Maybe when 4A was the top classification. 

The entire landscape has changed with the proliferation of the forward pass. Hahaha. 

I'm joking kind of. 

• Haha 1