Biden admits there is no federal solution to the pandemic

Bormio

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

But you got some people here fooled - because you are loud.  But loud is a poor substitute for gray matter.

Maybe one day, Dr. Quack, you'll be able to explain how posting cold hard data to refute your lies is being "loud" and "fooling people."

You're just mad that you're an incompetent human being who feels the need to make stuff up to support his preconceived positions.

The sad thing is that you're one of the easiest I've ever encountered because you literally just make stuff up.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

"The numbers don't align with what I want so it must be misinformation."

🤡

Okay then, spell out the numbers and then explain it for us.  To make it clear for you, let’s consider every hospital at the same latitude as Bakersfield and south as part of So Ca.   You’ll need to do a little research to determine how many beds of surge capacity were added during the height of the first big surge.  Pick whichever of the LA area local news stations for the hospitalization numbers then, and now.  Can’t wait to see your analysis. 

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

Okay then, spell out the numbers and then explain it for us. 

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly inept and clueless you guys are.

I'm not an expert but I can understand simple charts that show the rates of hospitalization by state. 

Bormio claimed that severe illness was down all across the south. The chart showed otherwise. Every single southern state is *up* at least 49% in hospitalizations over the last two weeks.

He then tried to be cute and claim that I "conveniently" left out a bunch of states but, in fact, Bormio had failed to actually read my first post which showed every state he listed at the *top* of the chart.

So Bormio made a statement that wasn't true, then thought he had an out card, but didn't realize that the chart had already been posted for those states.

Once his lie and his getaway were exposed, he tried to save face by giving an anecdotal charge of "go to the hospitals and look for yourself" which is both funny and remarkably stupid.

Bormio is a quack and has an agenda. Nothing that he ever says is supported or can be trusted.

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

You’ll need to do a little research to determine how many beds of surge capacity were added during the height of the first big surge.  Pick whichever of the LA area local news stations for the hospitalization numbers then, and now.  Can’t wait to see your analysis. 

You are so over your skis that I don't even understand what you're trying to prove here.

The federal government also commissioned a Navy ship to handle excess patients during the first wave and it was barely used. Must mean that the first wave was fake!

When you don't have the facts on your side you're forced to create elaborate schemes to divert attention and try to change the subject. Those schemes usually include asking someone else to do the work and that work being a red herring.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly inept and clueless you guys are.

I'm not an expert but I can understand simple charts that show the rates of hospitalization by state. 

Bormio claimed that severe illness was down all across the south. The chart showed otherwise. Every single southern state is *up* at least 49% in hospitalizations over the last two weeks.

He then tried to be cute and claim that I "conveniently" left out a bunch of states but, in fact, Bormio had failed to actually read my first post which showed every state he listed at the *top* of the chart.

So Bormio made a statement that wasn't true, then thought he had an out card, but didn't realize that the chart had already been posted for those states.

Once his lie and his getaway were exposed, he tried to save face by giving an anecdotal charge of "go to the hospitals and look for yourself" which is both funny and remarkably stupid.

Bormio is a quack and has an agenda. Nothing that he ever says is supported or can be trusted.

At the moment, in most places, we are not able to effectively interpret hospitalization numbers. Reason being, we continue to test each and every person for Covid no matter what they come to the hospital for. In San Francisco, for example, it is estimated some 70% of people in the hospital *aren’t* there for Covid but DO test positive and are thus being counted. Just as it isn’t fair to count everyone hospitalized after getting the vaccine as being there BECAUSE of the vaccine, it isn’t fair to count everyone in the hospital as a Covid patient when a majority showed up for some other ailment.

San Francisco

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Reason being, we continue to test each and every person for Covid no matter what they come to the hospital for. In San Francisco, for example, it is estimated some 70% of people in the hospital *aren’t* there for Covid but DO test positive and are thus being counted. Just as it isn’t fair to count everyone hospitalized after getting the vaccine as being there BECAUSE of the vaccine, it isn’t fair to count everyone in the hospital as a Covid patient when a majority showed up for some other ailment.

San Francisco

To top it off, badrouter posts as proof an interview in one newspaper with one doctor in one city.

The arguments never get any better.

Ever.

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

You are so over your skis that I don't even understand what you're trying to prove here.

It’s pretty simple.  Media outlets on both sides are misreporting information all over the place.  One example, Ivermectin, has been widely described by several as a “ horse pill”.  You don’t have to do much research to find it’s applications in human use has been widespread for many years now. 
I’m not saying its a wonder drug, but can you be certain that’s it’s efficacy as part of a therapeutic regimen to help minimize the impact on Covid is being accurately reported?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Media outlets on both sides are misreporting information all over the place. One example, Ivermectin, has been widely described by several as a “ horse pill”.  You don’t have to do much research to find it’s applications in human use has been widespread for many years now. 
I’m not saying its a wonder drug, but can you be certain that’s it’s efficacy as part of a therapeutic regimen to help minimize the impact on Covid is being accurately reported?  

This has nothing to do with the post of yours that I quoted.

Which leads me back to my original point: you are meandering all over the place because you have no facts but still want to peddle your preconceived notions.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Saying that you haven't intubated a single Omicron patient is not a sentiment. It's an anecdote.

What's more is that it does nothing to turn Bormio's lies into facts.

We have loads of data that supports the general point: in areas with high vaccination rates, severe illness which requires things like intubation is very rare. And that should be significant when covering the pandemic and/or making policy decisions.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

You can find agreement with those sentiments all over the place, including from the beloved CDC director. 

When he has no idea what he is talking about, he just digs deeper.  Looking at numbers tells you nothing about what the patients behind those numbers look like.

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

In San Francisco, for example, it is estimated some 70% of people in the hospital *aren’t* there for Covid but DO test positive and are thus being counted. Just as it isn’t fair to count everyone hospitalized after getting the vaccine as being there BECAUSE of the vaccine, it isn’t fair to count everyone in the hospital as a Covid patient when a majority showed up for some other ailment.

There is truth to this.  We currently have 2 Covid positive patients who count against our percentage, but seeing as how they are in L&D, either giving birth or having just given birth, they were not admitted due to Covid.  There are more examples, but those two are the most obvious.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bormio said:

When he has no idea what he is talking about, he just digs deeper. 

I don't have to dig deep at all to expose your constant lies.

If I don't know what I'm talking about then what does that say about you, Dr. Quack?

Every single person on this forum knows you by this picture.

image.jpeg.64b02bd0c3432b4e788510820da5e99b.jpeg

And that's because time and time again you are easily refuted by the known facts.

30 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Funny thing, even my patients know Omnicron is much less serious, before I even talk with them

The funny thing is this is *not* what you said.

👇

On 1/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, Bormio said:

Serious illness is way down across the South.

Bormio always does this.

He lies about something while not providing any supporting information. Then when exposed on said lie with simple charts he pivots to something else and claims that the person who exposed him doesn't know anything.

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The funny thing is this is *not* what you said.

👇

Bormio always does this.

He lies about something while not providing any supporting information. Then when exposed on said lie with simple charts he pivots to something else and claims that the person who exposed him doesn't know anything.

Nobody does “serious illness” numbers.  But every medical professional knows exactly what I am saying.  Hospitalized with and even for Covid does not necessarily mean seriously ill.  But you, as someone who knows far less than you think you do and has no medical training, understandably has that misconception