Biden admits there is no federal solution to the pandemic

Bormio

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

But you, as someone who knows far less than you think you do and has no medical training, understandably has that misconception 

I, with no medical training, have demonstrated a far better understanding on charts and graphs than you.

I'm capable of misconceptions, yes, but your issue is the whole board knows that you are demonstrably incompetent.

16 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I, with no medical training, have demonstrated a far better understanding on charts and graphs than you.

I'm capable of misconceptions, yes, but your issue is the whole board knows that you are demonstrably incompetent.

Have a cookie.  But you still have no understanding of medicine or patient care.  But you do you.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's what hospitalizations are for.

They're not perfect but nothing is. 

It's the best metric and you were laughably wrong. Then you tried to weasel out but instead just didn't read the post properly.

When it comes to defining serious illness, hospitalizations during different variants are damn near meaningless

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

There is truth to this.  We currently have 2 Covid positive patients who count against our percentage, but seeing as how they are in L&D, either giving birth or having just given birth, they were not admitted due to Covid.  There are more examples, but those two are the most obvious.

And I hadn’t even considered the possibility there could be women simply giving birth who test positive and then count as a “Covid patient”. Giving birth is quite obviously not a health problem!

50 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is not what Bormio said.

I'm constantly amazed when people jump in to defend what other people *didn't* say.

And I’m constantly amazed you think my comments are meant to defend anyone else. I haven’t bothered to read a couple of pages in this thread, and am not attempting to defend anyone. 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, Atticus Finch said:

No, you're just an idiot with incredibly stupid instincts.

This is the equivalent of saying that seatbelts aren't very effective because people get injured and/or die in car accidents.

If you want a reason why this pandemic has raged as long as it has then look at this post. There's your answer.

Without the logical fallacy, teh cult would have nothing. 

On 1/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, Bormio said:

Omicron is a vastly different illness than Delta.  Patients come in almost smiling.  The dread associated with the diagnosis is vanishing, they almost look relieved.  Many are vaccinated, some are not.  No awful coughs, no SOB.  Mainly sore throat and nasal congestion. More aching than with a cold, but not much.  ERs are filling up with people trying to get tested.  There is much less acuity.  The deaths in this country are mainly in the Northeast and Midwest, which began a Delta wave in the late fall.  People are not dying of Omicron for the most part.  Serious illness is way down across the South.  People are getting admitted that we’re sent home before, when hospitals were slammed.

Omicron is nothing to almost smile about.

bgw

On 1/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, concha said:

How many 80+ year-olds do you guess are out and about in Alberta during the winter? Do you think that octogenarians in Alberta and their carers know that they are at hugely higher risk than 12-29 year-olds and act accordingly?

You conveniently leave out the right side of the chart which shows that unvaxxed old people are still being hospitalized at extremely high rates per 100,000. So apparently plenty of 80-year-olds are tooling around Alberta.

So when confronted with a small sample showing that the vaccines are working exceptionally well, concha pulls out one of the stupidest and most self-refuting claims imaginable.

concha moving those goalposts.

MovingTheGoalPost-01.jpg

58 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You conveniently leave out the right side of the chart which shows that unvaxxed old people are still being hospitalized at extremely high rates per 100,000. So apparently plenty of 80-year-olds are tooling around Alberta.

So when confronted with a small sample showing that the vaccines are working exceptionally well, concha pulls out one of the stupidest and most self-refuting claims imaginable.

concha moving those goalposts.

MovingTheGoalPost-01.jpg

I addressed the very comparison YOU posted. 🤡

No one is surprised that unvaccinated 80 year-olds would have a high hospitalization rate. Such people are also no doubt less likely to wear masks and more likely to socialize. If you do the math, there about 9,000 of them. They are stupid given the morbidity rates for their demographic. In comparison, there are nearly 100k 80 year-olds who are triple vaxxed (and probably wear masks and socialize less).

What you CONVENIENTLY 🤡 didn't post is that despite having a lower hospitalization rate than the unvaxxed 12-29 demographic, the death rate for triple-vaxxed 80+ year-olds was 5x higher. Even unvaxxed, the younger demographic had just a 0.004% chance of dying in that time period per Alberta data.

BTW, I am not anti-vax. I have been dosed twice in addition to natural immunity from having had Covid.

1 hour ago, concha said:

I addressed the very comparison YOU posted. 

You faceplanted trying to dodge the implications of the sample.

Apparently, you think the low rates of hospitalizations of 3x vaxxed 80-year-olds are because 80-year-olds are avoiding going out in Alberta? Except that *non-vaxxed* 80-year-olds  are still being hospitalized at high rates.

Your theory is completely non-sensical.

What's more is that the chart shows that 3x vaxxed 80-year-olds are *NOT* at a statistically higher risk of hospitalization than 18-to-29-year-olds.

So you basically got the entire thing wrong.

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You faceplanted trying to dodge the implications of the sample.

Apparently, you think the low rates of hospitalizations of 3x vaxxed 80-year-olds are because 80-year-olds are avoiding going out in Alberta? Except that *non-vaxxed* 80-year-olds  are still being hospitalized at high rates.

Your theory is completely non-sensical.

What's more is that the chart shows that 3x vaxxed 80-year-olds are *NOT* at a statistically higher risk of hospitalization than 18-to-29-year-olds.

So you basically got the entire thing wrong.

Your inability to process isn't my problem, Andy.

What was my theory?