Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

Not to get to political but I gotta ask the older posters how yall do it... 

Im 26... 

I make too much money to qualify for any assistance but not enough to get somewhere decent without barely skimming by... 

But also lose 1/4th my check to Damn taxes because I have no kids or wife... 

My co-worker called me a "Federal Fat cow"... 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

So @Cossacks @FreeBird I gotta find the link but 

Its this skit this boys toast got stuck got stuck in the toaster and his dad says "Cant believe me and your mom raised such a pussy" so he grabs a fork and walks over to the toaster and the whole family just pauses aa the Grim Reaper moonwalks into the house and makes himself a cup of coffee and says "Don't mind me Im not here to stop ya or anything Im just here to watch" and the dad proceeds to both Fuck around and find out 

Find the video cause I don’t read no good,

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im 26... 

I make too much money to qualify for any assistance but not enough to get somewhere decent without barely skimming by... 

Im tired of feeling like I work for nothing....

The middle class really is vanishing...

Not countingTaxes I made $47,766 this past tax season... 

And it doesnt feel like enough 

I feel like Im drowning

Have you had an accountant look at your taxes to make sure you aren't paying more than you should?  25% seems high but I guess that includes state taxes.

Do you have the time and inclination to handle some type of side gig?  I know it doesn't seem great but if you can for a couple of years, you can build some savings that can give you options.  I don't know and you don't have to answer but have you considered hunting a job in a different field such as one of the trades?  I know you have said in the past your health could be better so I understand if that's an issue.  Another possibility is to get a roommate if you don't have one.  It may not be what you want to do but if you can for a few years, it will really help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im 26... 

You got my sympathy kid. I got hammered this year. The no kid or a wife doesn’t always help and is way overrated IMO. 

Are you contributing to an IRA? A traditional, not a Roth might help you lower your taxes a little bit.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Im 26... 

@Cossacksmention of traditional IRA is a good idea for you if you owe Uncle Sam.  Also, if you annually owe a lot, you may want to adjust your W-4 form so that you won’t owe as much next year.  

If you are offered a 401K at work where the company contributes/matches, max it!  That’s pretax $.   

If you don’t have a 401K option and don’t owe a lot on taxes annually, I’d start a Roth IRA and you have until April 15 to contribute for 2022.   

I’ve been married 30 years, but before I got married I was investing and trying to prepare for retirement.  Sure, dual income has helped preparations, no doubt.  

When you see charts of age 20’s and 30’s with investment contributions + avg historical % market gains, you’ll see how it can work and that’s an individual savings projection chart.  

Feel free to PM me anytime to discuss more if you like and let’s hope the inflation #’s continue to recede and the corp’s reduce their profit margins on items we regularly buy  (which have skyrocketed since Covid). 

• Thanks 1