Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

40 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks to watching the Sheldon Cooper character for years… I ummmm.  Nope, got nothin.  😂 

My dad would have very much enjoyed this listen.   Loved his calls for years doing The NY Times crossword puzzles and asking me for assistance with sports and music themes.  I’d always make him laugh expecting a science related question.  :) 

Ed Witten is the Michael Jordan of physicists

• Like 1

21 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

So much excellence in this vid. 

Remember Spahn & Sain and pray for rain?

Pray for rain"[edit]

210px-Johnny_Sain_and_Warren_Spahn.png

Spahn (right) with Johnny Sain

Spahn's teammate Johnny Sain was the ace of the pennant-winning 1948 Braves staff, with a win–loss record of 24–15. Spahn went 15–12 while, contrary to legend, teammates Bill Voiselle (13–13), and Vern Bickford (11–5) also pitched well.[15]

In honor of the pitching duo, Boston Post sports editor Gerald V. Hern wrote this poem which the popular media eventually condensed to "Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain":[16]

First we'll use Spahn
then we'll use Sain
Then an off day
followed by rain
Back will come Spahn
followed by Sain
And followed
we hope
by two days of rain.

The poem was inspired by the performance of Spahn and Sain during the Braves' 1948 pennant drive. The team swept a Labor Day doubleheader, with Spahn throwing a complete 14-inning win in the opener, and Sain pitching a shutout in the second game. Following two off days, it did rain. Spahn won the next day, and Sain won the day after that. Three days later, Spahn won again. Sain won the next day. After one more off day, the two pitchers were brought back, and won another doubleheader. The two pitchers had gone 8–0 in 12 days' time.[9]

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Pray for rain"[edit]

Spahn's teammate Johnny Sain was the ace of the pennant-winning 1948 Braves staff, with a win–loss record of 24–15. Spahn went 15–12 while, contrary to legend, teammates Bill Voiselle (13–13), and Vern Bickford (11–5) also pitched well.[15]

In honor of the pitching duo, Boston Post sports editor Gerald V. Hern wrote this poem which the popular media eventually condensed to "Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain":[16]

First we'll use Spahn
then we'll use Sain
Then an off day
followed by rain
Back will come Spahn
followed by Sain
And followed
we hope
by two days of rain.

The poem was inspired by the performance of Spahn and Sain during the Braves' 1948 pennant drive. The team swept a Labor Day doubleheader, with Spahn throwing a complete 14-inning win in the opener, and Sain pitching a shutout in the second game. Following two off days, it did rain. Spahn won the next day, and Sain won the day after that. Three days later, Spahn won again. Sain won the next day. After one more off day, the two pitchers were brought back, and won another doubleheader. The two pitchers had gone 8–0 in 12 days' time.[9]

Absolutely.  👍🏻 share 

43 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Pray for rain"[edit]

First we'll use Spahn
then we'll use Sain
Then an off day
followed by rain
Back will come Spahn
followed by Sain
And followed
we hope
by two days of rain.

@maxchoboianI just had a flashback… Dad showed me a spinning ball gadget way back in the 70’s had to be.  I’m pretty sure it was a Sain spinning ball product.  Seeing that name brought me back.  
I think Dad used it as a curve ball tutorial aide when he let me throw them after LL (13).  
Does this gadget ring a bell? 

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@maxchoboianI just had a flashback… Dad showed me a spinning ball gadget way back in the 70’s had to be.  I’m pretty sure it was a Sain spinning ball product.  Seeing that name brought me back.  
I think Dad used it as a curve ball tutorial aide when he let me throw them after LL (13).  
Does this gadget ring a bell? 

I'm not familiar with it. The only ones I remember were the Jugs machines.

Sweet post game celebration for Turner and fam.  A girl on the way.  :) 

He’s being interviewed on TNT now with his fam.  

Sluggish first half.  2nd was enough to get one netted. 

Nice form and extension on the Punt from the closeup angle.  :)   I bet he could launch bombs with plenty of hang time with a football.