Random $%#&

OldTerrapin

9 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

“You place a roofie in the jello” 

During the mess that was high school football in 2020 Peoria Centennial had a receiver transfer in from StL with the last name of Cosby. While I was tempted to nickname him Benadryl and rave about his ability to put defenses to sleep I eventually settled on Pudding Pop.

• Haha 1

Some half-hearted proselytizing is about to follow:

I play in a pickup flag football game twice a week; nothing crazy competitive as it's mostly a bunch of guys in 30s and 40s trying to shed their dad bods. All of that said, I can not resist the urge to track my stats - I am a modern day Wilt Chamberlain and am numbers-obsessed (unlike Wilt it is much, MUCH easier to track my, um, off-field numbers than what happens between the lines for me). 

All of that to say after closing out 2022 on a white-hot tear against my fellow Bundys (had 2+ TDs every night from October on, with several 4 TD efforts mixed in [including a Turkey Bowl effort that was west Phoenix lore for an entire weekend]) the first three weeks of the year I was slumping. There are many logical reasons for this - first games of the year were played in a driving rain storm and as a lifelong Arizonan that is not my jam, had another outing where a bunch of young bucks came out who could still rely on youth - but in the coming weeks it became clear that my issue was I had gone astray. 

One night I switched up my pregame music from 90s British alternative fare to the contemporary Christian stylings New Jersey's own Carman; this was an unintentional whim as I'm typically the one that changes the channel when the wife has KLove on in the car (we're both believers but she has some baggage from a fundy-esque upbringing that I do not have - I was never taught that my soul will burn if I listen to Michael Bolton).

So after I get my Carman on I go out and put up 4 TDs on the night and rather enjoy the feeling. Later that week, more pregame Carman and another multi-TD night. Keep up that routine and keep scoring in bunches - over the past three weeks I've pulled in 18 TDs and the only times I've been held to less than two scores on the night was the night I deviated from Jerseylicious Christian sounds. 

All of that to say that I firmly believe that the Lord wants you to ball-out 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I play in a pickup flag football game twice a week; nothing crazy competitive as it's mostly a bunch of guys in 30s and 40s trying to shed their dad bods. All of that said, I can not resist the urge to track my stats - I am a modern day Wilt Chamberlain and am numbers-obsessed (unlike Wilt it is much, MUCH easier to track my, um, off-field numbers than what happens between the lines for me). 

All of that to say after closing out 2022 on a white-hot tear against my fellow Bundys (had 2+ TDs every night from October on, with several 4 TD efforts mixed in [including a Turkey Bowl effort that was west Phoenix lore for an entire weekend]) the first three weeks of the year I was slumping. There are many logical reasons for this - first games of the year were played in a driving rain storm and as a lifelong Arizonan that is not my jam, had another outing where a bunch of young bucks came out who could still rely on youth - but in the coming weeks it became clear that my issue was I had gone astray. 

One night I switched up my pregame music from 90s British alternative fare to the contemporary Christian stylings New Jersey's own Carman; this was an unintentional whim as I'm typically the one that changes the channel when the wife has KLove on in the car (we're both believers but she has some baggage from a fundy-esque upbringing that I do not have - I was never taught that my soul will burn if I listen to Michael Bolton).

So after I get my Carman on I go out and put up 4 TDs on the night and rather enjoy the feeling. Later that week, more pregame Carman and another multi-TD night. Keep up that routine and keep scoring in bunches - over the past three weeks I've pulled in 18 TDs and the only times I've been held to less than two scores on the night was the night I deviated from Jerseylicious Christian sounds. 

I know this song quite well. Remember first hearing it close to 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I know this song quite well. Remember first hearing it close to 20 years ago. 

I would probably be more on board with my wife's musical tastes if more CCM performers had the personality Carman put out. By nature Christian music is going to almost always be an imitation of what the greater culture is putting out, but that doesn't mean it has to be a dull, milquetoast imitation.

She dragged me to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert a number of years ago in which I stomped out after the encore and declared that she would be going with me to Stryper (80s Christian hair metal for those that are uninitiated) in a few weeks. We couldn't hear for an entire weekend after that second concert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

They can’t handle track speed.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

They can’t handle track speed.  :) 

I think there's a kernel of truth to this, less that I'm torching all comers and more that during the holidays and new year I shifted from my sprint workouts to going out for a two mile run on those days.  Essentially trying to fit something fitness-related in with the schedule chaos that comes with that time of year. When I started to train again I think I got my edge back.

Update - scored three more tuddies this morning in an on-campus pickup at the college alma mater 😎

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Sooo I woke up still pissed, @TheMaximumHornetSting @Cossacks I bought my crew  pizza 🍕 yesterday and they were grateful, except the one dude who starts complaining why did we get pizza and that pizza is not lunch and shit,  my blood was boiling, and I’m usually so laid back but that shit irked me that he was complaining about food I bought 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Who complains about free Pizza? 

Idc if its papa johns,Pizza Hut,Lil Caesers or Mellow Mushroom... 

Free Pizza is Free Pizza... 

not even 711 pizza or dominos, from actual Italian spot where they garlic butter the crust, half supreme half roni and drinks I spent like $40 , they made more $$ then me cause I was being nice and wanted to pay for their lunch and this guy had the audacity to tell the whole crew that pizza is not a lunch lmao 🤣 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I think there's a kernel of truth to this, less that I'm torching all comers and more that during the holidays and new year I shifted from my sprint workouts to going out for a two mile run on those days.  Essentially trying to fit something fitness-related in with the schedule chaos that comes with that time of year. When I started to train again I think I got my edge back.

Update - scored three more tuddies this morning in an on-campus pickup at the college alma mater 😎

You’re the Bo Jackson in (what was that game Tecmo Bowl I think) your league  #nofair  :) 

21 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

not even 711 pizza or dominos, from actual Italian spot where they garlic butter the crust, half supreme half roni and drinks I spent like $40 , they made more $$ then me cause I was being nice and wanted to pay for their lunch and this guy had the audacity to tell the whole crew that pizza is not a lunch lmao 🤣 

That’s just wrong, especially in NJ.  Sheesh.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

If Pizza aint lunch then Pancakes aint breakfast... 

And thats Blasphemy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I would probably be more on board with my wife's musical tastes if more CCM performers had the personality Carman put out. By nature Christian music is going to almost always be an imitation of what the greater culture is putting out, but that doesn't mean it has to be a dull, milquetoast imitation.

She dragged me to a Steven Curtis Chapman concert a number of years ago in which I stomped out after the encore and declared that she would be going with me to Stryper (80s Christian hair metal for those that are uninitiated) in a few weeks. We couldn't hear for an entire weekend after that second concert.

Out at Stryper. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Very simple.  Next time you get lunch for your crew get pizza and make sure he doesn’t get not …..a …….single ……..fuckin …….slice. Fuck that ingrate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Out at Stryper. 😂

As of 2016-17 they were still rocking the yellow and black spandex, and still playing "Honestly" 😂

(On that second note, I remember a VH1 one hit wonders rankings where the lead guy from Tommy Tutone said when they're on state fair circuit fans still request "Jenny/867-5309; for over 20 years I've referenced this interview and jokingly asked what else are they going to request, you're Tommy f'in Tutone.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

You’re the Bo Jackson in (what was that game Tecmo Bowl I think) your league  #nofair  :) 

While Tecmo Bo is the ultimate compliment (when you incorporate computer-generated players into the all-time best convo it's a short talk) I think my best pro comparison is pre-knee injury Billy Sims. Lots of high-knees, the occasional mid-stride karate kick, and I like to think that I single-handedly kept the Edmond, Oklahoma location of his rib joint open in 2010 thanks to my patronage there on Tuesday night all-you-can-eat baby back night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

As of 2016-17 they were still rocking the yellow and black spandex, and still playing "Honestly" 😂

(On that second note, I remember a VH1 one hit wonders rankings where the lead guy from Tommy Tutone said when they're on state fair circuit fans still request "Jenny/867-5309; for over 20 years I've referenced this interview and jokingly asked what else are they going to request, you're Tommy f'in Tutone.)

Buddy of mine and I ran into Tommy Heath (Tommy Tutone) in the City about 25 years ago at a bar.

Dude was trying hard to get us to invest into some bullshit “can’t miss” scheme 😂. He was actually really cool and alot of people recognized him and of course threw out the “867-5309” when they saw him. 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Sooo I woke up still pissed, @TheMaximumHornetSting @Cossacks I bought my crew  pizza 🍕 yesterday and they were grateful, except the one dude who starts complaining why did we get pizza and that pizza is not lunch and shit,  my blood was boiling, and I’m usually so laid back but that shit irked me that he was complaining about food I bought 

Next time you buy pizza get that guy one of those cheese & cracker packs and a juice box.🖕🖕

You will probably relate to this - This little fair I volunteer at got a work crew of a bunch of convicts from the county jail to come and do some clean up and light repairs.  They were there all day so we got them lunch.

They wanted Chinese so I bought them an assortment of the old standbys - Fried rice, Teriyaki steak, Spring rolls, Pork, etc.

When I get back with this $75 worth of food, and hand it out I hear one of them muttering “Where’s the fkn Crab Rangoon?”

I immediately thought of you 😄

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Next time you buy pizza get that guy one of those cheese & cracker packs and a juice box.🖕🖕

You will probably relate to this - This little fair I volunteer at got a work crew of a bunch of convicts from the county jail to come and do some clean up and light repairs.  They were there all day so we got them lunch.

They wanted Chinese so I bought them an assortment of the old standbys - Fried rice, Teriyaki steak, Spring rolls, Pork, etc.

When I get back with this $75 worth of food, and hand it out I hear one of them muttering “Where’s the fkn Crab Rangoon?”

I immediately thought of you 😄

Lmao seriously, then this Fongul had the balls to text me saying that he only wants to work if he’s getting payed for 10 hours like wtf is wrong with people, it doesn’t work like this lmao 🤣, he’s already getting 20-25 an hour cash for unskilled labor and now he wants to get paid for 10 hours on a 7 hour job

129F87E3-FA7B-4B33-86E9-60B176820974.jpeg

We’re also lifting something heavy so I tell everyone that’s take a 5 min break to catch our breath then he starts complaining and smirking bitching that what is a 5 min break and that’s nothing and he would rather just not take a brek if it’s only for 5 mins, im like motherfucjer we been at work for not even an hour , wants me to give him like a 20 min break or something as soon as we started the job , smh 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

So @Cossacks @FreeBird I gotta find the link but 

Its this skit this boys toast got stuck got stuck in the toaster and his dad says "Cant believe me and your mom raised such a pussy" so he grabs a fork and walks over to the toaster and the whole family just pauses aa the Grim Reaper moonwalks into the house and makes himself a cup of coffee and says "Don't mind me Im not here to stop ya or anything Im just here to watch" and the dad proceeds to both Fuck around and find out 

• Haha 1