Georgia Week 1 Scoreboard

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Disappointed in tift. Tried to give them credit and the coaches moved players out of position after the Lowndes scrimmage.

camden is doing as much as I thought they would. WR seems to finally taken a fall after 5 straight state championship appearances. cheat county has got some trick plays in for scores.

Overreaction Friday, huh? 

22 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Wow! Little ole ELCA beats Brentwood Academy 50-49. Definitely need to see the highlights of that game. 

I watched that game on YouTube, it was amazing! Brentwood had the game sealed in regulation, tied late and in ELCA territory. RB fumbles and ELCA takes it to the house. With 40 seconds, Brentwood drives all the way down the field and ties it on the last play. In overtime, both teams trade scores and ELCA wins on a rushing 2-pt conversion.

Alpharetta beat Jefferson 47-46 in a similarly insane game. Same goes for Elbert County beating Hart County 31-28 and for North Cobb beating Westlake 21-17. Westlake spiked the ball with no time remaining while in the redzone, heartbreaking.

Several great games across the state tonight.

• Thanks 1

Charlton Cnty - 20 

Jeff Davis - 14 in overtime

The most exciting  sloppiest game i've seen, maybe forever. In a battle of who wants to give the game away the most, Charlton came away on top. JD missed a short field goal with 4 seconds left in regulation to win. First play in OT, JD fumbles(again) CC recovers. Few plays later CC runs in to honestly take the game away from JD. Charlton has a lot of wrongs to correct if it wants to compete with Yulee, Fla. 

4 hours ago, charlton24fan said:

Charlton Cnty - 20 

Jeff Davis - 14 in overtime

The most exciting  sloppiest game i've seen, maybe forever. In a battle of who wants to give the game away the most, Charlton came away on top. JD missed a short field goal with 4 seconds left in regulation to win. First play in OT, JD fumbles(again) CC recovers. Few plays later CC runs in to honestly take the game away from JD. Charlton has a lot of wrongs to correct if it wants to compete with Yulee, Fla. 

I used to follow Charlton when I was in HS... 

Used to be a fearsome small school... 

What happened?

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I used to follow Charlton when I was in HS... 

Used to be a fearsome small school... 

What happened?

its just a change in times really. The teams of the last 10 years vs the teams of the previous 15 years when Coach Mac first came to CC is, imho, is night and day. Coach Murray is building the program back up though, slowly.