DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No high school program worth a shit is going to go from preseason #1 in their state to 4-6, winless in their league because they lost their QB.

Especially one that didn't rely on QB play like St. X.

This is embarrassing for you.

come on champ...now you're showing your ignorance trying to make a pointless point....any H.S. program can go down the tubes overnight when you lose your starting Q.B...did you play H.S. football?

6 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I'm not sure what pointless point you're trying to make...

My point was the exact point that I made.

👇

59 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The Jersey contingent had scheduled this argument to be made the second after the Don Bosco-St.X game ended in 2008. But since Bosco lost to a 4-6 team that day they had to postpone it until they beat a bad De La Salle team a week later on a field goal as time expired.

Somehow that result meant that not only was Don Bosco a top 25 team that year but also *every* year before that down to 2002. What's more is that they argued that it *also* meant that Bergen Catholic and St. Joseph's Regional were as well.

Not only did that lack basic logic it also ran counter to the fact that those three teams were practically never good at the same time. Almost the moment Toal arrived at Bosco, Bergen Catholic took a step back. Pretty much the nanosecond that Chris Partridge lured Jabril Peppers way from Bosco they ceased being that good.

9 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

...D.B.P. didn't deserve to be the #1 team in America in 2009 and 2011...because of weak competition?....is that what you're trying to say?

What?

I have to believe that you're just purposefully avoiding the issue because it's so obviously true. Otherwise I'd have to say that you're cosmically clueless.

7 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

....any H.S. program can go down the tubes overnight when you lose your starting Q.B...

Utter nonsense.

Programs that don't rely on QB play don't go from preseason #1 to 4-6 because of a QB injury. Nobody can even name a St. X quarterback. They were a defense-driven, run-heavy team.

The truth, which you've failed to address because of it's obviousness, is that Bosco fans had a pre-determined narrative and were dedicated to telling it regardless of the outcome of those games.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

What?

I have to believe that you're just purposefully avoiding the issue because it's so obviously true. Otherwise I'd have to say that you're cosmically clueless.

the "issue" is in your head....there is no "issue"...but thanks for trying!...and what H.S. do you root for???

Just now, Atticus Finch said:

Utter nonsense.

Programs that don't rely on QB play don't go from preseason #1 to 4-6 because of a QB injury. Nobody can even name a St. X quarterback. They were a defense-driven, run-heavy team.

The truth, which you've failed to address because of it's obviousness, is that Bosco fans had a pre-determined narrative and were dedicated to telling it regardless of the outcome of those games.

your ignorance is showing once again...🙄

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is just a total lie.

Classic noonereal. Can't address the totally factual claims I just made in this thread (because they're devastatingly true) so he just makes stuff up to make sure that his wants come right.

No, its the total truth.  You had no clue on anything outside of Florida.  It was your whole world. It is I who you offered you the edification you desperately needed. 

Like a child, you though the world revolved around you. 

18 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

come on champ...now you're showing your ignorance trying to make a pointless point....any H.S. program can go down the tubes overnight when you lose your starting Q.B...did you play H.S. football?

He was 2nd string towel boy. Still is but after all these years he has risen to  first string.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Utter nonsense.

"predetermined narrative"....humm...and did you have a "predetermined response"??

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The claim that I made is demonstrated fact which you have yet to even attempt to refute.

fact?...that St. X had a losing record...yea...that losing their staring Q.B. had no impact on their record??..a swing and a miss...what am I missing??

are you going to spill the beans and let inquiring minds know what H.S you played at??...or at least root for if you didn't play.

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

No, its the total truth.  You had no clue on anything outside of Florida.  It was your whole world. It is I who you offered you the edification you desperately needed. 

Like a child, you though the world revolved around you. 

😄

Basically every claim that you made has proven to be wrong or exaggerated delusions.

The only board that has posts going that far back is Yappi and a cursory look there will show that I was as clear eyed as anybody.

These kind of posts amuse me because I know what I said over the years and I wouldn't be embarrassed to recall almost any of it. Yet there are people like noonereal who have to lie constantly about the nature of those posts.

12 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

he won't say what program he follows or played for....interesting....he doesn't seem to know too much!

Can you be more clueless that this?

This is basically a repeat of every debate I have on here. I repeat a factual claim from years ago and by the end the person I'm debating with is obsessed with who "my team" is.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I had hardly heard of Don Bosco Prep in August 2008. So I was ready to be convinced of the tall tales that their fans were spinning about them.

Needless to say I wasn't moved.

sorry you weren't moved...but I know a lor of people who were when they became National Champs in 2009 and 2011!...😉

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yes.

Don Bosco fans arrived in 2008 and had a pre-determined narrative they were going to push after their inevitable win against St. X.

They lost so they had to wait until De La Salle. And even *that* almost blew up in their face.

LOL...and you spun that idea out of your own head champ??...who was the last team to beat DLS at home...fly across country and beat the best program in the country in their house....priceless and historical..."How 'bout them IRONMEN!!"....😉

you seem like a disgruntled public-school guy from down south who can't wrap his head around the idea of a private Catholic team from up north being the best team in the country...TWICE...😉

• Like 1