DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

7 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is not difficult for normally functioning people.

normal??...LOL...you're not being normal...normal people know when you lose TWICE to a team you're NOT better than them....that's NORMAL thinking champ....you're NOT normal....hope this helps!!....🤡

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

normal??...LOL...you're not being normal...normal people know when you lose TWICE to a team you're NOT better than them....that's NORMAL thinking champ....you're NOT normal....hope this helps!!....🤡

What's funny is that the entre history of sports refutes this statement.

Hell, Alabama lost twice *in a row* to Ole Miss but nobody is stupid enough to say that Ole Miss was a better team let alone a better program.

But maybe we've found someone stupid enough?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Hell, Alabama lost twice *in a row* to Ole Miss but nobody is stupid enough to say that Ole Miss was a better team let alone a better program.

you're back for some more abuse today?...your team is 0-2 against my team...yet you're better??..."stupid" wouldn't explain you or your silly logic champ...🤡

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Let em have 2 games 10 years ago🤣.

Screenshot_20220905-082429.png

17 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

you're back for some more abuse today?...your team is 0-2 against my team...yet you're better??..."stupid" wouldn't explain you or your silly logic champ...🤡

It's bordering on self-abuse now.

You seem like you're on the spectrum. You literally have no other move. It's like you've never watched sports in your life.

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's bordering on self-abuse now.

You seem like you're on the spectrum. You literally have no other move. It's like you've never watched sports in your life.

watch sports?...yea...I saw my team beat your team twice from the sidelines (combined points for DBP 44-STA 17)...but you guys were the better team!....🤡

19 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

watch sports?...yea...I saw my team beat your team twice from the sidelines (combined points for DBP 44-STA 17)...but you guys were the better team!....🤡

I watched Miramar beat us *three years in a row* and we were still better.

Again, you are the epitome of the dumb fan who literally understands zero about sports.

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, Testadura said:

Read the thread.  A second time: read the thread.  No one remotely said that and no one thinks that.  I said a 1 or 2 from NJ will beat the 20 or 25 from Fla.  Bosco doesn’t appear to be 1 or 2 and Edgewater seems much better with the #2 RB in the country   

and it’s Bosco from 2002-11.  The best 10-yr run ever.  

Your rant isn’t based on truth.  No one thinks Bosco is anywhere near tops.  Read the thread.  

I just the read the thread like you asked - a second time.  Below are some of the direct quotes I was referring to.  I'm not trying to insult the guys that made them and respect the right to their opinion.  Reread my post - I was commenting that I disagree with the concept of an MNC being able to prove a HS team is #1 and more importantly  to represent the State's fotball quality  as a whole.   Secondly, I was making the point that I thought it is ridiculous to try and use Bosco vs other states during those domination years where no team in Jersey stood a prayer vs Bosco and somehow say Jersey has a tougher brand of football due to the results of a few random HS games - especially involving those Bosco teams back then or any parochial vs public school for that matter (I know I get the transfers in FL, TX, etc but that is no comparison because the never have one team so far beyond all of the others or only two good teams and the a crazy dropoff)

"Especially that ESPN game versus Prattville Alabama where the kick returner from Platteville got hit so hard by steel Devitto  on the kick off his helmet was a little sideways and he started walking towards the Bosco bench until the rest pointed them towards his bench lol dem Guido’s showed Bubba hard nose punch you in the mouth Joisey football."

I saw the #1 college team and the #1 H.S. team that year on back-to-back days."

Lastly, you for one know that my main point on here has always been that I consider FL the top state for  broad based talent in the player pool   (FL, GA, LA right there also)  Because of that I routinely made the point that if there is not a Bosco 2011 tyoe team to represent Jersey and the BNU is more evenly distributed, the top 25 teams in FL will give the BNU  respectable games and in more than a few cases can win.  This point was laughed at but it's so obviously true. I didnt think Edgewater would win but I thought they could give a respectable game due to having some talent....the X factor is if they have a decent coach and QB which many FL teams do not.  Now yes, if a team has 4 of the  5 All Americans within the State leaving a talent drain from New Brunswick to Rockland than ok Bosco '11 could be the top team in FL but what the hell does that even mean (and again no way to prove they would have been number 1)

Even with the transferring there are still 25 or so teams that have 5-6 D1 guys.  What does that mean - nothing definite other than there is always enough talent on a random team them a chance to win...again depending on coachng and QB.   The entire State of NJ never has a  team that can hang with the top two in the BNU - how is that a good football landscape?   I made the point on here in 2011 that Manatee beat it's crosstown rival (3 miles away)  Palmetto by 3 and should have lost.  Bosco won the game vs Manatee  solely because of Caroo - I made the additional point that Bradenton Southeast (down the street from Manatee) had a lock down corner (Brian Poole) who could have shut down Caroo (obviously time has proven that Poole would have been the best CB Caroo ever saw.   Why this hyperbole - because to be even remotely close to what Bosco was doing Manatee would have needed to have those top Palmetto guys and Poole.....again this is right in their school district so not close to Bosco but apples to apples no?

Anyway if you don't believe me just ask Toal - he's an actual tough guy who understands football and has no problem being  straight up.  He said that out of all the states they played he could see that many of the teams were overwhelmed because Bosco just had too much but the FL teams played like they were just used to it and he especially noticed the way they all play fast hard hitting defense.   (just look at Bosco's total yards vs Manatee and STA)   Go back and watch those games - even that great Bosco '11 team could barely move the ball on Manatee.  Manatee had a weak offense with no explosiveness because they just lost 2 top flight D1 receivers (both making NFL) and one of the top RB's in the nation.  (typical thing to happen at a public school where you cant just reload)  No one can name any player from Manatee '11 who went on to do anything yet Bosco '11 struggled like an mf'er in a way no other team that year did to them.  

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 11:24 AM, Troll said:

you sound a bit bitter...possibly wounded even. xD

Like anywhere else, sometimes good programs attract good talent. go figure.

To not understand the differences and what NJ was able to do, when some teams got talent,

and how they advanced the entire national scene, is just plain ignorant.

No not at all.  If either were accurate  I'd be on here more frequently.  I just came back to stake my claim for being right on points I made years agao that are common knowlegde in the football world to anyone other than apparently some Bosco fathers and students who never played football (many of the Bosco players are good dudes so obviously this is not directed at them)

See I just like football as a whole and have so specific state or team to give a s*** about related to HS football.  I just call out what I think is insult to the sport as a whole and saying Jersey football is tougher or better than FL, GA, LA  is just that.

And I guess I'm just ignorant because I have absolutely zero idea how recruited up parochials have advanced our  football as a whole.  As if anyone cares who won those OOS games other than the insignificant fan base.....the players care mor about getting to the next level as do I.  Jersey has always been respected and always put out quality players at the same rate they do now....sorry to burst your bubble but Bosco and the BNU did nothing for Jersey football except make it less competitive within the State - but you're obviously free to carry on the thought in your mind that it did.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I just the read the thread like you asked - a second time.  Below are some of the direct quotes I was referring to.  I'm not trying to insult the guys that made them and respect the right to their opinion.  Reread my post - I was commenting that I disagree with the concept of an MNC being able to prove a HS team is #1 and more importantly  to represent the State's fotball quality  as a whole.   Secondly, I was making the point that I thought it is ridiculous to try and use Bosco vs other states during those domination years where no team in Jersey stood a prayer vs Bosco and somehow say Jersey has a tougher brand of football due to the results of a few random HS games - especially involving those Bosco teams back then or any parochial vs public school for that matter (I know I get the transfers in FL, TX, etc but that is no comparison because the never have one team so far beyond all of the others or only two good teams and the a crazy dropoff)

"Especially that ESPN game versus Prattville Alabama where the kick returner from Platteville got hit so hard by steel Devitto  on the kick off his helmet was a little sideways and he started walking towards the Bosco bench until the rest pointed them towards his bench lol dem Guido’s showed Bubba hard nose punch you in the mouth Joisey football."

Lastly, you for one know that my main point on here has always been that I consider FL the top state for  broad based talent in the player pool   (FL, GA, LA right there also)  Because of that I routinely made the point that if there is not a Bosco 2011 tyoe team to represent Jersey and the BNU is more evenly distributed, the top 25 teams in FL will give the BNU  respectable games and in more than a few cases can win.  This point was laughed at but it's so obviously true. I didnt think Edgewater would win but I thought they could give a respectable game due to having some talent....the X factor is if they have a decent coach and QB which many FL teams do not.  Now yes, if a team has 4 of the  5 All Americans within the State leaving a talent drain from New Brunswick to Rockland than ok Bosco '11 could be the top team in FL but what the hell does that even mean (and again no way to prove they would have been number 1)

Even with the transferring there are still 25 or so teams that have 5-6 D1 guys.  What does that mean - nothing definite other than there is always enough talent on a random team them a chance to win...again depending on coachng and QB.   The entire State of NJ never has a  team that can hang with the top two in the BNU - how is that a good football landscape?   I made the point on here in 2011 that Manatee beat it's crosstown rival (3 miles away)  Palmetto by 3 and should have lost.  Bosco won the game vs Manatee  solely because of Caroo - I made the additional point that Bradenton Southeast (down the street from Manatee) had a lock down corner (Brian Poole) who could have shut down Caroo (obviously time has proven that Poole would have been the best CB Caroo ever saw.   Why this hyperbole - because to be even remotely close to what Bosco was doing Manatee would have needed to have those top Palmetto guys and Poole.....again this is right in their school district so not close to Bosco but apples to apples no?

Anyway if you don't believe me just ask Toal - he's an actual tough guy who understands football and has no problem being  straight up.  He said that out of all the states they played he could see that many of the teams were overwhelmed because Bosco just had too much but the FL teams played like they were just used to it and he especially noticed the way they all play fast hard hitting defense.   (just look at Bosco's total yards vs Manatee and STA)   Go back and watch those games - even that great Bosco '11 team could barely move the ball on Manatee.  Manatee had a weak offense with no explosiveness because they just lost 2 top flight D1 receivers (both making NFL) and one of the top RB's in the nation.  (typical thing to happen at a public school where you cant just reload)  No one can name any player from Manatee '11 who went on to do anything yet Bosco '11 struggled like an mf'er in a way no other team that year did to them.  

You and I agree on almost everything. I think you know that.  But for a little on Manatee. 

22 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The Jersey contingent had scheduled this argument to be made the second after the Don Bosco-St.X game ended in 2008. But since Bosco lost to a 4-6 team that day they had to postpone it until they beat a bad De La Salle team a week later on a field goal as time expired.

Somehow that result meant that not only was Don Bosco a top 25 team that year but also *every* year before that down to 2002. What's more is that they argued that it *also* meant that Bergen Catholic and St. Joseph's Regional were as well.

Not only did that lack basic logic it also ran counter to the fact that those three teams were practically never good at the same time. Almost the moment Toal arrived at Bosco, Bergen Catholic took a step back. Pretty much the nanosecond that Chris Partridge lured Jabril Peppers way from Bosco they ceased being that good.

Glad someone else is on here from those days. Crazy thing is I support Jersey football and especially Toal and used to take my son to all of the Bosco games.  I just take issue  with some of these guys trying to make macro statements about HS football or states in general  using  those Bosco teams or some random OOS games.  

And you're 100% correct that Jersey can't field three top flight national teams at once - yet the two top flight national teams they do field will dominate within NJ  to the point of it being a joke and not even worth the price of a ticket to an in state game unless they play each other lmao

23 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Manatee won 7A and was ranked top 10 despite also loosing to GC in 2 OT at GC under debatable circumstances.  GG was ranked around 5.  So that’s what we’re taking about.  

how good was their D if they finished that way with a good but not great O, though Sandburg was a top-5ish QB nationally who chose baseball.  

37 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I watched Miramar beat us *three years in a row* and we were still better.

Again, you are the epitome of the dumb fan who literally understands zero about sports.

sure champ...outscored 44-17 and you still got the balls to bring your silly argument here?...LOL...give it a rest...your pointless point has been noted....several times...🤡

33 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Manatee won 7A and was ranked top 10 despite also loosing to GC in 2 OT at GC under debatable circumstances.  GG was ranked around 5.  So that’s what we’re taking about.  

how good was their D if they finished that way with a good but not great O, though Sandburg was a top-5ish QB nationally who chose baseball.  

No doubt their D was good - but it was the same year the before.  However the year before they had Ace Sanders (dominant WR and overall ATH at South Carolina - 2 years in NFL) and and the other WR was Quenton Brundrage who was a very good college WR at Iowa State and then made the Jets as and undrafted WR for a bit plus MIke Blakely who was widely accepted as a top 5 TB in the nation who went to Auburn, got hurt and never did much)   Manatee 11's best option for Sandberg against Bosco was  5 '8 WR who went to Toledo - they had zero D1 talent on that offense.

What's great about Toal is what led him to.  He wanted to play STA but it couldn't  get set up - he saw that Manatee team I'm describing beat STA (though STA had Gio Bernard and a few others out) and so he wanted Manatee.  The guy woudnt back down from a challenge and in no way could he have known Manatee would not be near the team that beat STA (talent wise) but they were not and he would easily admit that.  If you know him - ask him he's aware (and its obviously not his fault nor does take it away from how good Bosco was and maybe they have beaten the Manatee team I'm referring to)

3 minutes ago, Testadura said:

all the close games were to very good teams.  

They beat Palmetto, which again lost to Manatee and Norland, which won 5A, going 15-0.   Norland and palmetto was 35-27 in the semis  

fpc was 9-2 only losing to Manatee and Vero.  Vero went 9-2 losing to Dwyer in playoffs.  Dwyer was 12-2, winning states, and beating STA 6-3.  

amer heritage was 12-2 , winning 3A, losing to manatee and glades, which only lost to undefeated Norland.  

manatee was legit, which speaks volumes for Fla.  irrespective of whether that was their best team, or whether they were as recruited up so to speak as Bosco was.  Bosco was more of a magnet back then so that recruiting wasn’t needed as much.  

12 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Not at all.  

You didn’t play at BC?  OL?  You sure you were a wideout?  Lol

Lol - no give you my word.  Went to SJR but I have to conceal my identity because I feel that my Jersey friends on here are going to put a hit out.  I have ti get back in their good graces (again though if they read my posts they'll see I have said plenty defending Jersey football)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Testadura said:

all the close games were to very good teams.  

They beat Palmetto, which again lost to Manatee and Norland, which won 5A, going 15-0.   Norland and palmetto was 35-27 in the semis  

fpc was 9-2 only losing to Manatee and Vero.  Vero went 9-2 losing to Dwyer in playoffs.  Dwyer was 12-2, winning states, and beating STA 6-3.  

amer heritage was 12-2 , winning 3A, losing to manatee and glades, which only lost to undefeated Norland.  

manatee was legit, which speaks volumes for Fla.  irrespective of whether that was their best team, or whether they were as recruited up so to speak as Bosco was.  Bosco was more of a magnet back then so that recruiting wasn’t needed as much.  

Yea true.  And when I say "recruited" I dont mean to imply Bosco was running around actively recruiting (maybe they were maybe they weren't).  I just knew that at that 2010-2011 they had a huge lopsided amount of the top talent and I knew where they from because a lof of the kids went to Defrancos and so did I and they would say it,  Then I would come here and say it and people would go crazy.

Alquadine will casually say he cant believe the talent in the city of Miami - it's just kind of  a basic fact.  Every year for decades just Miami has as many D1 players as the entire state of Jersey - have to think about that for a minute

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

Yea true.  And when I say "recruited" I dont mean to imply Bosco was running around actively recruiting (maybe they were maybe they weren't).  I just knew that at that 2010-2011 they had a huge lopsided amount of the top talent and I knew where they from because a lof of the kids went to Defrancos and so did I and they would say it,  Then I would come here and say it and people would go crazy.

Alquadine will casually say he cant believe the talent in the city of Miami - it's just kind of  a basic fact.  Every year for decades just Miami has as many D1 players as the entire state of Jersey - have to think about that for a minute

some of that had to do with Paterson Catholic closing...we got Shumate and Muhammad from them...gifts from the Archdiocese of Newark....the stars aligned for a while.

1 minute ago, DBP66 said:

some of that had to do with Paterson Catholic closing...we got Shumate and Muhammad from them...gifts from the Archdiocese of Newark....the stars aligned for a while.

Yea thats a good point - I remenber that....  PC had a hell of a basketball program Tim Thoms etc.   That's another thing about  Jersey - if we want to start talking about balance (quality of football, basketball, wrestlng) Jersey is very good. 

• Like 1