DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

51 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Lol at the way these guys are so convinced Bosco was the best team in the nation based on some stupid ass poll.  Of course they possiby could have been but there is no way to know though I highly doubt it from having watched them.    I saw STA '09 play Manatee '09 and either would have beaten that Bosco team for starters.  

See it's only Bosco guys that tried to take that 2008-2011 Bosco run and use that  as some sort of example that "Jersey football is as good as anywhere" or "Jersey plays a tougher brand  of football" and all this other horseshit.  That timeframe was so lopsided in terms of Bosco having so much of the NJ  talent that they were literally a State all star team.  The bottom line is that the only way Jersey  can have a top national team is if they have a team like Bosco '11 that leaves the rest of the State (and Rockland NY) so void of top talent that it's laughable.

Look no further than tonight - a public school with a 2,000 enrollment that his never won anything significant in FL that I'm aware of and is just "one of a few solid teams  from the Orlando area" just stomped a mudhole in them.  Maybe the "toughest football state there is" can return the favor and have Delsea play Chaminade or Central and let's see what happens because that's the equivalent. 

Sad thing is Jersey has always been a solid football state but those Bosco tools years ago on the board tried to make it like those Bosco teams were actually proving something about Jersey football as a whole - never have seen this from Bergen or SJR guys just the Bosco fanboys.  Bottom line is that Jersey football has been the same for 5 decades.....decent/solid - but not in the same time zone of FL and to not admit that means you are actually delusional.   

Read the thread.  A second time: read the thread.  No one remotely said that and no one thinks that.  I said a 1 or 2 from NJ will beat the 20 or 25 from Fla.  Bosco doesn’t appear to be 1 or 2 and Edgewater seems much better with the #2 RB in the country   

and it’s Bosco from 2002-11.  The best 10-yr run ever.  

Your rant isn’t based on truth.  No one thinks Bosco is anywhere near tops.  Read the thread.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Central Florida football having some strong teams this year.

Edgewater made Bosco look like an average team.

Edgewater has a really good team but i dont have them in my top 3 in Central florida yet they make a mockery of Jerseys #1 team.

Another Central florida team Winter park goes up to North Gwinnett and handles business 31-19.

Central Florida teams making statements!

Found some highlights of the game.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Svargas19 said:

Central Florida football having some strong teams this year.

Edgewater made Bosco look like an average team.

Edgewater has a really good team but i dont have them in my top 3 in Central florida yet they make a mockery of Jerseys #1 team.

Another Central florida team Winter park goes up to North Gwinnett and handles business 31-19.

Central Florida teams making statements!

Found some highlights of the game.

We are average among top-250 teams apparently.  

I have to watch the game

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

. And to think you're still here after a decade trying to convince the world how good Jersey football is because of those recruited up Bosco teams.  

you sound a bit bitter...possibly wounded even. xD

Like anywhere else, sometimes good programs attract good talent. go figure.

To not understand the differences and what NJ was able to do, when some teams got talent,

and how they advanced the entire national scene, is just plain ignorant.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@Nolebull813what’s DBP’s record vs FL?  Any I miss?  Is this game 7? 

Soon to be 5-2.  

Edgewater ?  

STA 2-0

Manatee 1-0

FPC 1-0 

MC 0-1

AHP 0-1 

Edgewater 0-1 

Make that 4-3 😯.  Totally shocked by this result.  Edge looked the part 2 years ago vs STA in a state final, but thought after week one’s performance and DBP’s line expectations and team composition would handle Edge on the road comfortably.  

@Lowkey305 great call sir 👍🏻  

On 9/2/2022 at 11:10 PM, GrecoRoman said:

See it's only Bosco guys that tried to take that 2008-2011 Bosco run and use that  as some sort of example that "Jersey football is as good as anywhere" or "Jersey plays a tougher brand  of football" and all this other horseshit.  

The Jersey contingent had scheduled this argument to be made the second after the Don Bosco-St.X game ended in 2008. But since Bosco lost to a 4-6 team that day they had to postpone it until they beat a bad De La Salle team a week later on a field goal as time expired.

Somehow that result meant that not only was Don Bosco a top 25 team that year but also *every* year before that down to 2002. What's more is that they argued that it *also* meant that Bergen Catholic and St. Joseph's Regional were as well.

Not only did that lack basic logic it also ran counter to the fact that those three teams were practically never good at the same time. Almost the moment Toal arrived at Bosco, Bergen Catholic took a step back. Pretty much the nanosecond that Chris Partridge lured Jabril Peppers way from Bosco they ceased being that good.

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The Jersey contingent had scheduled this argument to be made the second after the Don Bosco-St.X game ended in 2008. But since Bosco lost to a 4-6 team that day they had to postpone it until they beat a bad De La Salle team a week later on a field goal as time expired.

Somehow that result meant that not only was Don Bosco a top 25 team that year but also *every* year before that down to 2002. What's more is that they argued that it *also* meant that Bergen Catholic and St. Joseph's Regional were as well.

Not only did that lack basic logic it also ran counter to the fact that those three teams were practically never good at the same time. Almost the moment Toal arrived at Bosco, Bergen Catholic took a step back. Pretty much the nanosecond that Chris Partridge lured Jabril Peppers way from Bosco they ceased people that good.

for the record St. X lost their started Q.B. that year after the Bosco game...and what H.S. team do you root for?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

for the record St. X lost their started Q.B. that year after the Bosco game...

And?

The fact remains that Bosco fans had basically drafted a manifesto to be released en masse after their inevitable national victory over St. Xavier. When that didn't happen they just dusted it off and pushed it back to the De La Salle game.

The played two of the worst teams for both of those programs in recent history and they basically played them even over 96 minutes. Yet somehow that meant that they were kicking ass and taking names.

It was funny back then and it's downright hilarious now.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

And?

The fact remains that Bosco fans had basically drafted a manifesto to be released en masse after their inevitable national victory over St. Xavier. When that didn't happen they just dusted it off and pushed it back to the De La Salle game.

The played two of the worst teams for both of those programs in recent history and they basically played them even over 96 minutes. Yet somehow that meant that they were kicking ass and taking names.

It was funny back then and it's downright hilarious now.

that's why they had such a shitty record....

yea....we sucked....I get it....and what HS team do you root for champ?

3 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

that's why they had such a shitty record....

yea....we sucked....I get it....and what HS team do you root for champ?

No one made dumber posts than @Atticus Finch 15 years ago. No one. Some was really ridiculous. He really believed the publics STA played, the no names, were better than NJ Private powers. 

On the old TX board and before that the USA Today board he posted completely clueless stuff. 

Of course everyone did back then. And I mean everyone. 

Reality has really slapped these dopes around the last 22 years. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

They were. Even their coach said so.

😄

You always did have a way of making all of your wants and desires come right.

I'll await the production of this quote for all of us to see.

Manatee lost twice in 2011 and had 3 wins by one score. Their 2012 team was CRUISING to a national championship. It was basically the 2011 team but a year older.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

You always did have a way of making all of your wants and desires come right.

I'll await the production of this quote for all of us to see.

Manatee lost twice in 2011 and had 3 wins by one score. Their 2012 team was CRUISING to a national championship. It was basically the 2011 team but a year older.

I like you Finch but you really are dumb as dirt . Lol

On 9/3/2022 at 12:06 AM, Testadura said:

Read the thread.  A second time: read the thread.  No one remotely said that and no one thinks that.  I said a 1 or 2 from NJ will beat the 20 or 25 from Fla.  Bosco doesn’t appear to be 1 or 2 and Edgewater seems much better with the #2 RB in the country   

and it’s Bosco from 2002-11.  The best 10-yr run ever.  

Your rant isn’t based on truth.  No one thinks Bosco is anywhere near tops.  Read the thread.  

I got a kick out of it too

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

He really believed the publics STA played, the no names, were better than NJ Private powers. 

This is just a total lie.

Classic noonereal. Can't address the totally factual claims I just made in this thread (because they're devastatingly true) so he just makes stuff up to make sure that his wants come right.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

They had a shitty record because they sucked.

But that's beside the point.

Your St. X stuff is a red herring. You're not going to address the main thrust of my post because it's all true. We were all there to see it.

and because they lost their starting Q.B.....that's what happens at the HS level when your starting Q.B. is out...season over....and what team do you root for??...you still haven't said....hummm...they must be good!

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I didn't say that.

But you necessarily have to shuck, jive and change the subject because what I said is so demonstrably true.

I'm not sure what pointless point you're trying to make...D.B.P. didn't deserve to be the #1 team in America in 2009 and 2011...because of weak competition?....is that what you're trying to say?