DBP vs. Edgewater

I AM IRONMAN

Hey I’m gonna be honest. I got it wrong. Edgewater struggled mightily last week against a really average team. And if you are supposedly a great team you dismantle teams like that. 

on the flip side Bosco was the consensus top team in Jersey. And they destroyed a really good Maryland team last week. 

i got caught peeking in the backfield and got burnt 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Hey I’m gonna be honest. I got it wrong. Edgewater struggled mightily last week against a really average team. And if you are supposedly a great team you dismantle teams like that. 

on the flip side Bosco was the consensus top team in Jersey. And they destroyed a really good Maryland team last week. 

i got caught peeking in the backfield and got burnt 😂

Bruh you know very well Bishop Moore is not that bad of a team.   

On 9/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, Lowkey305 said:

How am I being rigid ? I honestly would like to know. Where do you guys get the notion DBP is just miles better than edgewater? riddle me

Young man (with less than 50 post) congratulations for sticking with your beliefs in a sea of know-it-alls. Most pitied what they thought was your immaturity, youthful enthusiasm, and positive attitude. A few on here owe you an apology for talking down to you. You won't get it, but that's how the game is played here. Nice work. 

4 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Young man (with less than 50 post) congratulations for sticking with your beliefs in a sea of know-it-alls. Most pitied what they thought was your immaturity, youthful enthusiasm, and positive attitude. A few on here owe you an apology for talking down to you. You won't get it, but that's how the game is played here. Nice work. 

I only disagreed with him on the point that Edgewater was better just because they were from FL. I wasn’t buying that. And people get games wrong. If not there would be alot of 100 percent pick ‘em weeks 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

I only disagreed with him on the point that Edgewater was better just because they were from FL. I wasn’t buying that. And people get games wrong. If not there would be alot of 100 percent pick ‘em weeks 

That's fair, but the kid was right, props to him, regardless.......1st bat Home Run.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

It’s actually funny cause I been here a while just watching from the shadows. I appreciate it tho

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 12:22 PM, Atticus Finch said:

And also Hoover and North Gwinnett.

And almost lost to Auburn, Davidson and Stanhope Elmore.

Lol at the way these guys are so convinced Bosco was the best team in the nation based on some stupid ass poll.  Of course they possiby could have been but there is no way to know though I highly doubt it from having watched them.    I saw STA '09 play Manatee '09 and either would have beaten that Bosco team for starters.  

See it's only Bosco guys that tried to take that 2008-2011 Bosco run and use that  as some sort of example that "Jersey football is as good as anywhere" or "Jersey plays a tougher brand  of football" and all this other horseshit.  That timeframe was so lopsided in terms of Bosco having so much of the NJ  talent that they were literally a State all star team.  The bottom line is that the only way Jersey  can have a top national team is if they have a team like Bosco '11 that leaves the rest of the State (and Rockland NY) so void of top talent that it's laughable.

Look no further than tonight - a public school with a 2,000 enrollment that his never won anything significant in FL that I'm aware of and is just "one of a few solid teams  from the Orlando area" just stomped a mudhole in them.  Maybe the "toughest football state there is" can return the favor and have Delsea play Chaminade or Central and let's see what happens because that's the equivalent. 

Sad thing is Jersey has always been a solid football state but those Bosco tools years ago on the board tried to make it like those Bosco teams were actually proving something about Jersey football as a whole - never have seen this from Bergen or SJR guys just the Bosco fanboys.  Bottom line is that Jersey football has been the same for 5 decades.....decent/solid - but not in the same time zone of FL and to not admit that means you are actually delusional.   

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Lol at the way these guys are so convinced Bosco was the best team in the nation based on some stupid ass poll.  Of course they possiby could have been but there is no way to know though I highly doubt it from having watched them.    I saw STA '09 play Manatee '09 and either would have beaten that Bosco team for starters.  

See it's only Bosco guys that tried to take that 2008-2011 Bosco run and use that  as some sort of example that "Jersey football is as good as anywhere" or "Jersey plays a tougher brand  of football" and all this other horseshit.  That timeframe was so lopsided in terms of Bosco having so much of the NJ  talent that they were literally a State all star team.  The bottom line is that the only way Jersey  can have a top national team is if they have a team like Bosco '11 that leaves the rest of the State (and Rockland NY) so void of top talent that it's laughable.

Look no further than tonight - a public school with a 2,000 enrollment that his never won anything significant in FL that I'm aware of and is just "one of a few solid teams  from the Orlando area" just stomped a mudhole in them.  Maybe the "toughest football state there is" can return the favor and have Delsea play Chaminade or Central and let's see what happens because that's the equivalent. 

Sad thing is Jersey has always been a solid football state but those Bosco tools years ago on the board tried to make it like those Bosco teams were actually proving something about Jersey football as a whole - never have seen this from Bergen or SJR guys just the Bosco fanboys.  Bottom line is that Jersey football has been the same for 5 decades.....decent/solid - but not in the same time zone of FL and to not admit that means you are actually delusional.   

FYI, you are a true dipshit. 

No clue what you are talking about. 

But, you don't know how dumb you are so be happy. 

Peace out puppy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Edgewater has been a recruiting power for the last ~5 years. They've brought in a lot of talent and made some good playoff runs. The teams they lost to in the playoffs from 2018-2021 were really loaded. Lake Gibson was the weakest of those, but even they had about 25 stars worth of talent. And their teams always had "meh" showings against certain kinds of teams along the way. I don't think it's as bad a loss as many people probably think. It was a true road game against a team that recruits a lot of talent.

You're one of the main ones I was referring to. And to think you're still here after a decade trying to convince the world how good Jersey football is because of those recruited up Bosco teams.  Don't worry - all of the college coaches in America are listening to you.  No longer do they head to FL & GA for their first recruiting stop - nope it's straight to Jersey because of your guidance.  So don't fret - your life hasn't been wasted up late at night on a HS football board..

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Edgewater has been a recruiting power for the last ~5 years. They've brought in a lot of talent and made some good playoff runs. The teams they lost to in the playoffs from 2018-2021 were really loaded. Lake Gibson was the weakest of those, but even they had about 25 stars worth of talent. And their teams always had "meh" showings against certain kinds of teams along the way. I don't think it's as bad a loss as many people probably think. It was a true road game against a team that recruits a lot of talent.

I hear you - but that's also my point.  There one of many similar teams in FL that while not great have some legitimate talent so you're going to have to deal with some gamebreakers when you play just about any team in the top 25 down there.  That's what makes the quality of football in a state IMO

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

FYI, you are a true dipshit. 

No clue what you are talking about. 

But, you don't know how dumb you are so be happy. 

Peace out puppy

You're one of the main ones I was referring to. And to think you're still here after a decade trying to convince the world how good Jersey football is because of those recruited up Bosco teams.  Don't worry - all of the college coaches in America are listening to you.  No longer do they head to FL & GA for their first recruiting stop - nope it's straight to Jersey because of your guidance.  So don't fret - your life hasn't been wasted up late at night on a HS football board..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Douche alert ^^^^ stay classy ole boy. What’s wrong with your life? Find Jesus…the ole carpenter was cool 😎 peace out ✌🏻

1 minute ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Douche alert ^^^^ stay classy ole boy. What’s wrong with your life? Find Jesus…the ole carpenter was cool 😎 peace out ✌🏻

Not directed at you.  You weren't here 10 years ago when these guys would jump down my throat for saying Bosco isn't a good repreentation  of Jersey football and that FL football is far and away better than Jersey.   These are basic facts of course that guys like Justin Tratteau and Brian Cushing know (just ask if you know them) but the guys that used to be on this board from Bosco were certifiable and would actually start slinging insults from behind the keyboard. 

Nothing wrong with my life.  I come in here once every few months and my commentary is always peaceful - take a look at any post I've made especially is speaking about Toal.  

Look at  how he responded to my post  in this thread - he's who you should send this message to.

8 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Did you say something? 🤡 

1 minute ago, GrecoRoman said:

Not directed at you.  You weren't here 10 years ago when these guys would jump down my throat for saying Bosco isn't a good repreentation  of Jersey football and that FL football is far and away better than Jersey.   These are basic facts of course that guys like Justin Tratteau and Brian Cushing know (just ask if you know them) but the guys that used to be on this board from Bosco were certifiable and would actually start slinging insults from behind the keyboard. 

Nothing wrong with my life.  I come in here once every few months and my commentary is always peaceful - take a look at any post I've made especially is speaking about Toal.  

Look at  how he responded to my post  in this thread - he's who you should send this message to.

Maybe a Valium would help ya?

So much hostility. ..

12 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

hear hear!