Memphis police

Wildcat Will

22 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I haven't seen our 21st century categories of race expressed in the Old Testament. 

Now, I know you've got it all worked out, but you have to remember that I'm exceptionally ignorant. I still can't figure out how the Ancient Israelites could've been so prescient as to give us definitive answers to racial questions that would bedevil us Americans in the 21st century.

In the past, a pale Northern European might refer to a Spaniard or Italian as "black". It was simply used to mean "darker than us".

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Of course you only believe part of the bible .  The bible says Egypt (Mizraim)) is the son of Ham and the brother of Cush.  The ancient Egyptian  language is in the Afro Asiactic luanguage tree.  Not Eudopean of Greek.  Not one damn pyramid in either.  More pyramids in Cush than any where on earth.  Facts 

Failing to see the relevance of all this word salad.

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Ah.

Gomar white.

Moses black.

Ashkanzi white.

Hebrews black?

I thought Abraham was the patriarch of the Hebrews.

Abaraham black?

Old Testament categories of race, or ours?

Abraham son Ishmael was the son of a black Egyptian.  13yrs older than Issac. Abraham wasn't white.  Take your zss to the Desert and walk around 20 years without sunscreen

23 minutes ago, concha said:

Of course. It was made famous by Hitler. Which is interesting as it refers to peoples and language originating in ancient India. In fact, the swastika of the Nazis is a perverted ancient Aryan symbol.

That's off the top of my head. Roughly accurate?

I've heard something like that.

But maybe they come from Gomar, in which case they'd be white and evil, which makes sense, doesn't it?

Of course not every Hebrew came from Musa.  He was a Levite. thus a Tribe.  The Levites were know as dark skinned people.  Not only do the Lemba Tribe have Hebrew DNA.  They have the priestly tribe DNA.

A team of geneticists has found that many Lemba men carry in their male chromosome a set of DNA sequences that is distinctive of the cohanim, the Jewish priests believed to be the descendants of Aaron. The genetic signature of priests -- a hereditary caste, different from rabbis but with certain ritual roles -- is particularly common among Lemba men who belong to the senior of their 12 groups, known as the Buba clan.

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Of course not every Hebrew came from Musa.  He was a Levite. thus a Tribe.  The Levites were know as dark skinned people.  Not only do the Lemba Tribe have Hebrew DNA.  They have the priestly tribe DNA.

That sounds important.

So were the priestly Hebrews black then? 

Any white Hebrews, according to the Old Testament?

Any white Hebrew priests?

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

So do I post a picture of a light-skinned Palestinian and then ask you whether she's white?

What are we doing? What's the point of this exercise?

I have relatives that are damn near white.  The majority isn't..  I could post pictures of black Vermans any sensible person would know that's an outlier.   Africa has the most diverse skin tones on Earth

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

That sounds important.

So were the priestly Hebrews black then? 

Any white Hebrews, according to the Old Testament?

Any white Hebrew priests?

You find the first identified white Male in the bible,  I will play along and I will show the Without a doubt black ones.  By name descriptions., etched  Let's see if you believe your bible.   Even Hebrews who say I`m black I need one European in the old Testament

Just now, DevilDog said:

You find the first identified white Male in the bible,  I will play along and I will show the Without a doubt black ones.  By name descriptions.  Let's see if you believe your bible

I've already said that I don't see the "politically tainted" categories of white and black in my Bible.

Can anyone tell me what the point is?

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Everyone comes from Africa.  You have the white invaders down South.  There are African Albinos who were thought to be cursed or evil because of their skin tone in Africa ↳

1. Everyone comes from Africa.

2. You have white invaders in the South.

3. There are African albinos.

What's the point?

15 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I've heard something like that.

But maybe they come from Gomar, in which case they'd be white and evil, which makes sense, doesn't it?

Maybe. I can't keep track.  I had this type of argument with DD about the Moors awhile back.  Supposedly they were black. Contemporary art shows them to be mostly much paler with a smattering of black African-looking folks. Genetic studies show them to be mostly similar to modern day North African genomes (whish are generally not black, but nobody would call them Sven either).

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I've already said that I don't see the "politically tainted" categories of white and black in my Bible.

Can anyone tell me what the point is?

What's amazing the bible has been used to subjugate people of color.  Using a white Jesus referred to as Master.  By the way Slaves must call their Owners that same name.  Now all of a sudden magic Amnesia.  Its appalling as well as sad.  We never cared about the color of Jesus.  But guess who did.  Now all of a sudden we didn't do muffin.  Cynical as Fuk.  Cunning as expected.

19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

A group of Palestinians.  Most are darker than Horsefly and I.  So I guess we are now magically white.  View people in the background and find all the white ones.  This is Jesus country. 

1.jpg

Nice cherry-picked photo.

They look just like this guy. He needs to even out his tan.

RTX6FPZ2.jpg?h=a5ae579a&itok=9AwSJmuQ

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Maybe. I can't keep track.  I had this type of argument with DD about the Moors awhile back.  Supposedly they were black. Contemporary art shows them to be mostly much paler with a smattering of black African-looking folks. Genetic studies show them to be mostly similar to modern day North African genomes (whish are generally not black, but nobody would call them Sven either).

The basic premises, as far as I can decipher them in the ever expanding horizons of whatever discussion this is supposed to be, is that we can categorize all people as white or black.

White = blond hair and blue eyes.

Black = non-white 

Therefore, Egyptians, Jesus, Palestinians, the Moors, the good Jews are all Black. 

Maybe that's the point? 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What's amazing the bible has been used to subjugate people of color.  Using a white Jesus referred to as Master.  By the way Slaves must call their Owners that same name.  Now all of a sudden magic Amnesia.  Its appalling as well as sad.  We never cared about the color of Jesus.  But guess who did.  Now all of a sudden we didn't do muffin.  Cynical as Fuk.  Cunning as expected.

I always thought the abolitionists used their bibles alot.

You know what, DD. If you want to dwell in the past and seek out real and imagined atrocities against you and yours it's easy. Just about anyone can find something. Whether real or bullshit or in-between.

Guess what it does to make things better now?

Take your time.

Let's look at what my Hero had to say

Early on in “Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass,” the first of three autobiographies Douglass wrote over his lifetime, he recounts what happened—or, perhaps more accurately, what didn’t happen—after his master, Thomas Auld, became a Christian believer at a Methodist camp meeting. Douglass had harbored the hope that Auld’s conversion, in August, 1832, might lead him to emancipate his slaves, or at least “make him more kind and humane.” Instead, Douglass writes, “If it had any effect on his character, it made him more cruel and hateful in all his ways.” Auld was ostentatious about his piety—praying “morning, noon, and night,” participating in revivals, and opening his home to travelling preachers—but he used his faith as license to inflict pain and suffering upon his slaves. “I have seen him tie up a lame young woman, and whip her with a heavy cowskin upon her naked shoulders, causing the warm red blood to drip; and, in justification of the bloody deed, he would quote this passage of Scripture—‘He that knoweth his master’s will, and doeth it not, shall be beaten with many stripes,’ ” Douglass writes. Douglass is so scornful about Christianity in his memoir that he felt a need to append an explanation clarifying that he was not an opponent of all religion. 

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

What's amazing the bible has been used to subjugate people of color.  Using a white Jesus referred to as Master.  By the way Slaves must call their Owners that same name.  Now all of a sudden magic Amnesia.  Its appalling as well as sad.  We never cared about the color of Jesus.  But guess who did.  Now all of a sudden we didn't do muffin.  Cynical as Fuk.  Cunning as expected. ↳

The Bible has been used for a lot things, good and bad.

The Church is growing like crazy in Africa and Asia. My guess is that it's not because Africans and Asians are being subjugated by the Church.