Memphis police

Wildcat Will

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

I thought the protests against police brutality and the BLM movement were motivated by cops killing Black people.

I thought the idea was that since the cops kill a disproportionate number of Black people, the cops must be racist. 

You think a lot.  Let me opine.  You think Ancient Egyprians and a  young child about 2yrs old who was taken there to hide named Jesus are White.  You think a fat white male in a red costume has something to do with his birth and a rabbit with magical colored eggs has something to do with his death and resurrection.  I on the other hand think that's all B.S.  Yet you are flabbergasted at my mindset and will whatabout the hell out of it.  How can I expect people with this nonsense to understand anything to do with another's reality?  The term black on black crime has racial connotations.  Never hear of any white on white crime. Yet 81% of whites are killed by whites 10% less than 91% of blacks killing blacks.  You are 6 times more likely to kill yourself than me.  It's an epidemic among white males.  Dismissing history to me is comedic Yet expected.  I saw a picture of the 5 black cops here mocking them as Irish or going back.  What's funny all 5 have European Surnames and a probability of 1 being Irish.  How is that possible?  Let me try.  Something fucking Catastrophic happened to his ancestor.  Could have happened in 1619 😄 Never met one Irishman with an African Surname.  Millions of blacks with Irish surnames.  Here is an oxymoron. Shaquille O'Neil.  WTF.  See how artfully I mocked the mocking. 

the original Irish Ua Néill, composed of the elements ua, meaning "grandson" or "descendant," and of the Irish name Niall

The intelligence over here far exceeds mine.  The ignorance though is exceptional.  

I exit as fast as I entered.

6 hours ago, FreeBird said:

Y’all need to stop living in the past if you want a better tomorrow, what do you want me to do , this isn’t the 50s and 60s any more, , it was a different time, we also thought dropping nuclear bombs on Japanese  women and children was ok to do, we’re way closer to 2060 then 1960, y’all stressing over past shit

this shit has nothing to do about police and all about parents teaching their kids not do be scumbags and do violent crimes

Ever hear the saying...."Different Day, Same old Shit"?

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

You think a lot.  Let me opine.  You think Ancient Egyprians and a  young child about 2yrs old who was taken there to hide named Jesus are White.

No, I don't. I said I don't think they were Black.

I on the other hand think that's all B.S.

So, do we agree then?

Yet you are flabbergasted at my mindset and will whatabout the hell out of it. 

I'm not flabbergasted. I disagree.

And who does more "what about" than you?

How can I expect people with this nonsense to understand anything to do with another's reality?  The term black on black crime has racial connotations.  Never hear of any white on white crime. Yet 81% of whites are killed by whites 10% less than 91% of blacks killing blacks.

Did you want to change the subject?

You are 6 times more likely to kill yourself than me. 

I am? I feel okay, but I'll keep my eyes open.

It's an epidemic among white males. 

I know, yet this country is supposed to be rigged for the success of white males.

Dismissing history to me is comedic Yet expected.

I'm assuming this is aimed at me. But I wasn't dismissing history. I was pointing out an inconsistency in appeals to history in discussions regarding the racism intrinsic to American institutions.

I saw a picture of the 5 black cops here mocking them as Irish or going back.  What's funny all 5 have European Surnames and a probability of 1 being Irish.  How is that possible?

I would agree that it's possible, though I would disagree that it's probable, since the Irish did not emigrate from Ireland to the United States in signifiant numbers until the mid-19th century, and the overwhelming majority of them were poor and settled in cities in the North. 

Let me try.  Something fucking Catastrophic happened to his ancestor.  Could have happened in 1619 😄

Wouldn't that also likely be true of anyone with an Irish surname?

Never met one Irishman with an African Surname.  Millions of blacks with Irish surnames.  Here is an oxymoron. Shaquille O'Neil.  WTF.  See how artfully I mocked the mocking. 

No, I don't see the artfulness of it, but I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise, given my exceptional ignorance. 

"Shaquille" is an Arabic name, who were slave traders in Africa. 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

You think a lot.  Let me opine.  You think Ancient Egyprians and a  young child about 2yrs old who was taken there to hide named Jesus are White.  You think a fat white male in a red costume has something to do with his birth and a rabbit with magical colored eggs has something to do with his death and resurrection.  I on the other hand think that's all B.S.  Yet you are flabbergasted at my mindset and will whatabout the hell out of it.  How can I expect people with this nonsense to understand anything to do with another's reality?  The term black on black crime has racial connotations.  Never hear of any white on white crime. Yet 81% of whites are killed by whites 10% less than 91% of blacks killing blacks.  You are 6 times more likely to kill yourself than me.  It's an epidemic among white males.  Dismissing history to me is comedic Yet expected.  I saw a picture of the 5 black cops here mocking them as Irish or going back.  What's funny all 5 have European Surnames and a probability of 1 being Irish.  How is that possible?  Let me try.  Something fucking Catastrophic happened to his ancestor.  Could have happened in 1619 😄 Never met one Irishman with an African Surname.  Millions of blacks with Irish surnames.  Here is an oxymoron. Shaquille O'Neil.  WTF.  See how artfully I mocked the mocking. 

the original Irish Ua Néill, composed of the elements ua, meaning "grandson" or "descendant," and of the Irish name Niall

The intelligence over here far exceeds mine.  The ignorance though is exceptional.  

I exit as fast as I entered.

A black male is something like 5x or 7x more likely to die at the hands of anther black than is the case white by white.

And are you more worried about dying at the hands of another person - having your life violently stolen from you - or that some stranger might voluntarily (albeit tragically) off himself?

And indeed something terrible probably happened back aways in Shaq's family tree. Likely his African ancestors were enslaved by fellow Africans and sold to European slave merchants. Awful. And something ended going on 160 years ago through the spilled blood of hundreds of thousands of souls of all colors.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, concha said:

And indeed something terrible probably happened back aways in Shaq's family tree. Likely his African ancestors were enslaved by fellow Africans and sold to European slave merchants. Awful. And something ended going on 160 years ago through the spilled blood of hundreds of thousands of souls of all colors. ↳

It is awful.

And for the history buffs who do not want to dismiss history, it was European states who first banned slavery in Africa, beginning in the 18th century.

Later, the Abolitionist Movement in Europe became a casus belli for the colonization of Africa. Contemporary European liberals saw themselves as saving Africans from the ongoing practice of slavery, the suppression of which was a major goal of the colonialists. Moreover, colonial powers often ignored the anti-slavery laws that they themselves had passed because they were unpopular among the indigenous political regimes with which they had to work. Africans who held local power were opposed to Europe's effort to abolish the practice.

Slavery continues to be a problem in Africa even today.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa#:~:text=Slavery in historical Africa was,purposes was widespread throughout Africa.

5 hours ago, DevilDog said:

He would be an abolitionist in 1619 and rejected for standing up to racist power structure.  Today that 1619 mindset still greats him.  

Unlikely.

He would have been born about 4 1/2 centuries earlier in a society where the social, religious, educational and societal inputs that formed him would have been completely different.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes, I’ve heard of him. He’s very knowledgeable and falls into the small group of what you and I were talking about earlier. Great post 

I got about halfway through and had to stop.  This guy's woke activist schtick is too much. And I wonder if there was a critical thinker within 10 miles of the venue.

Rich folks exploit poor folks? Hold the fucking presses!

Do you know something that he doesn't seem to touch upon?  Exploitation, servitude, class power differences... they have occurred all over the world since likely before recorded history. And have been perpetrated by people... wait for this... of all colors and creeds!

Slavery? Ditto!

Whites didn't call each other and themselves "whites" back then? Ever stop to think that back then the average white European (which was just about ALL of them) would spend their entire life looking around them seeing nothing but other white people. The same was true for blacks in Africa. Rarely if ever anyone else to see but other black folks. No real need for a differentiator, right?

Does he ever point out that the black African slaves brought here were enslaved and sold by other black Africans?

I guess everyone is just supposed to sit there and be a bobblehead.

3ddfbab9f7c2a530a8cbfdb2f157404c_w200.we

• Like 1

@Horsefly @Wildcat Will.  If you gentlemen don't know Tim Wise please familiarize yourself with him.  Here he is obliterating what I've shown to be B.S.  

How does someone watch this clip and then decide to title it "Tim Wise Educates on black Jesus/Santa!! MUST WATCH"?

Not one of these talking heads claims that Jesus was Black.

The closest they come to making an assertion on his race was to cite a scholar, not on the show, who claims that Jesus was a Palestinian Jew. How insightful. Both the US Census Bureau and the FBI would categorize such a person as White, though in other contexts, like a diversity and inclusion course on a contemporary American college campus, a Palestinian Jew might identify as a person of color, which should tell you something about how vague, unscientific, and context-dependent our categories of race are.

One thing that seems important to me is that no one living in the Roman Empire in the 1st century would have thought in these categories. If you asked St Paul, for example, whether he himself or Jesus identified as White or as persons of color, he'd be completely puzzled by the question. The question of Jesus' "whiteness" or "blackness" is a strange preoccupation among the race obsessed in our own country, a topic which you yourself return to over and over again. 

Keep obliterating the "BS." 

25 minutes ago, concha said:

I got about halfway through and had to stop.  This guy's woke activist schtick is too much. And I wonder if there was a critical thinker within 10 miles of the venue.

Rich folks exploit poor folks? Hold the fucking presses!

Do you know something that he doesn't seem to touch upon?  Exploitation, servitude, class power differences... they have occurred all the world since likely before recorded history. And have been perpetrated by people... wait for this... of all colors and creeds!

Slavery? Ditto!

Whites didn't call each other and themselves "whites" back then? Ever stop to think that back then the average white European (which was just about ALL of them) would spend their entire life looking around them seeing nothing but other white people. The same was true for blacks in Africa. Rarely if ever anyone else to see but other black folks. No real need for a differentiator, right?

Does he ever point out that the black African slaves brought here were enslaved and sold by other black Africans?

I guess everyone is just supposed to sit there and be a bobblehead.

3ddfbab9f7c2a530a8cbfdb2f157404c_w200.we

There were ~350K blacks that survived the slave trade, according to some estimates. (the entire period of the transatlantic slave trade) to N America before the slave trade was banned.  However, by the end of the slavery there were over 4M. Want to know how the number grew to so much? Rape, and forced breeding.  So America is responsible for the magnitude of slavery in the US. 

America was a newly established nation that left the oppressive shores of Europe and had a choice as to the type of nation it wanted to be and it chose barbarism. 

and to THIS DAY we have a large segment of our society that reveres and honors the men that upheld this barbaric system ….confederates and have some sympathizers that have repurposed slave plantations into BNBs and wedding venues. 

It’s this CURRENT mindset he addresses. 

@Horsefly @Wildcat Will.  If you gentlemen don't know Tim Wise please familiarize yourself with him.  Here he is obliterating what I've shown to be B.S.  

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes, I’ve heard of him. He’s very knowledgeable and falls into the small group of what you and I were talking about earlier. Great post  ↳

Tim Wise identifies as a Jew. 

Jesus certainly identified as a Jew.

In your opinion, is Tim Wise White or Black?

40 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

America was a newly established nation that left the oppressive shores of Europe and had a choice as to the type of nation it wanted to be and it chose barbarism. 

I don't think that's quite true.

Americans articulated the principles of a nation grounded in a political philosophy, imported from western Europe, that committed the state to recognizing and protecting the inalienable rights of all.

That philosophy gave America its fundamental direction, which we can see in the history of America's various suffrage movements. 

Can you think of another nation in human history who grounded itself in the recognition of the rights of human beings as such before America did it?

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't think that's quite true.

Americans articulated the principles of a nation grounded in a political philosophy, imported from western Europe, that committed the state to recognizing and protecting the inalienable rights of all.

That philosophy gave America its fundamental direction, which we can see in the history of America's various suffrage movements. 

Can you think of another nation in human history who grounded itself in the recognition of the rights of human beings as such before America did it?

But yet almost simultaneously they incorporated chattel slavery into that philosophy. Those words were meaningless to the African people they enslaved 

31 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Tim Wise identifies as a Jew. 

Jesus certainly identified as a Jew.

In your opinion, is Tim Wise White or Black?

28 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I couldn’t care less, I’m more concerned about his compassion ↳

Just now, Horsefly said:

So I guess you are shocked that a white nan can show that level of compassion so it has to be made up?  Is that what you’re saying?  😉 

So you do have an opinion on his whiteness?

Do you think that gives us any insight into Jesus' whiteness, since Tim Wise and Jesus both identified as Jews?

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But yet almost simultaneously they incorporated chattel slavery into that philosophy. Those words were meaningless to the African people they enslaved  ↳

No, chattel slavery was never incorporated into that philosophy. The Founding Fathers were well aware of the inconsistency from the beginning. It was their awareness of that inconsistency that helps explain why all the Founding Fathers (save Jefferson, who was in crushing debt) freed their slaves. And as you know, from the beginning, many Americans were bitterly opposed to slavery. That opposition would eventually lead to the bloodiest war in American history.