Memphis police

Wildcat Will

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Stories like these happen everyday and never get reported. Police lay it all on the line every single day. If the media reported all the stories of heroism, the narrative might change, and that’s not a good business model. The design is to show you the worst possible story and put it on a loop until you are at a peak outrage and honestly start to believe that every single person in that field operates like that. That’s why I would never take any of the anti police crowd seriously. 

1903F82A-C3A0-4D2B-8370-6B53EF066DEE.jpeg

DC8DC1EC-DD17-4C8B-AF03-81E3F667AC29.jpeg

It’s YOU that requires stories and the media because you don’t have enough personal experiences to form your own opinion.  Many of us do though. 

Here’s a simple question. Does an act of kindness mean we don’t have to address series of corruption?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

In a flower bed plants can’t grow properly without plucking out the weeds from the roots.  Otherwise they choke out the plants. Unfortunately, we are at the point where in some of these inner city communities we need to be strategic in removing the bad weeds, for good,  so the good can prosper with renewed resources in the areas I discussed earlier.  

....you mean even when those weeds are the same "color" as those plants? lol

Actions and accountability taking precedence over color is a hard sell in one of my hoods...

🤔

4 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

The system still exist. Time unfortunately has only made slight change. White is still the ruling race despite the diversity of the nation.

White man gets the blame because he is in charge. The rules were written to benefit him. The laws were written to benefit him.

I put blame where it belongs, regardless of affiliations.

You put blame on the boogieman...

complain to Obama fool.

👌

17 minutes ago, Troll said:

....you mean even when those weeds are the same "color" as those plants? lol

Actions and accountability taking precedence over color is a heard sell in one of my hoods...

🤔

Yes. That’s what I mean.

how did America liberate countries from rogue regimes?  No different really except we can use different means 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Troll said:

You put blame on the boogieman...

complain to Obama fool.

👌

It's fascinating how that fukwit talks about blaming who's in charge yet when those in charge are black and/or Democrats, it still ends up being white conservatives who get the blame.

Memphis is a deep blue city. Black police chief even.

Can anyone find where Willie questions the liberal government and black police department leadership?

8 of 13 city councilmen in deep-blue Memphis are black.

Here's a photo of the Memphis PD executive command staff:

11-2021-COMMAND-STAFF-PHOTO-768x525.jpg

That's "the system".

These are the folks making and enforcing the rules.

35 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

The system still exist. Time unfortunately has only made slight change. White is still the ruling race despite the diversity of the nation. You think the cities have what it takes to move forward? No. The federal government still runs this nation and I told the representation is representative of those living in this nation and their best interest is taken into consideration, we will not advance.

White man gets the blame because he is in charge. The rules were written to benefit him. The laws were written to benefit him. That includes everything from home ownership to drug laws. He was in charge from the start and he is in charge now. 

I have not blamed anyone according to their political preference. I put blame where it belongs, regardless of affiliations.

Yes. The system still exists. But I’m convinced that through life and experience, the system had been weakened to the point where it needed to be…re-strengthened…maybe that’s why the world is in chaos. But fine…let’s fix the system. Suggestions? But just know that fixing/compliance by legislation and force are not going to bode well for ANY of us long term. 

White people only “rule” as much as you let them. And for the record, through my experience, we’ve been fighting for equality for decades, and it’s never been more equitable than it is right here right now. Is is perfect? Probably not. But why go back 75 years? That’s what’s happening with all of this is. Force doesn’t work. Understandably, black folk didn’t like it and neither do white people. There’s an attempt to pull a coup on the majority and they’re not just gonna roll over and take it…just like blacks people didn’t acquiesce. Fair warning. 

Yes. I do think that the communities have what it takes. It just takes vision and commitment by strong, influential leaders. Keep in mind. Its a long game. It’s not gonna happen over night. But we are and have been on the right track. I’ve lived it. I hope that we don’t continue to ruin all of the gains that have been made.

There is no “blame” brother. It just IS. I used to be angry because of the initial hand I was dealt in life. That resentment and anger only hurt ME and mine. Fortunately, I acquired a certain amount of acceptance that enabled me to have a pretty good life. Interestingly enough, I’m kind of in the same boat again today…just circumstances have changed a bit. Working on it. 

11 minutes ago, concha said:

That was when the first black folks enslaved by fellow black folks and sold to a few Europeans landed in North America, right?

dunno..

maybe it's just when they changed the name 

from indentured servitude to slavery...

wonder where they got that term from?

PS: local slang maybe?

BTW: Happy-2023 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

🥳

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Yes. The system still exists. But I’m convinced that through life and experience, the system had been weakened to the point where it needed to be…re-strengthened…maybe that’s why the world is in chaos. But fine…let’s fix the system. Suggestions? But just know that fixing/compliance by legislation and force are not going to bode well for ANY of us long term. 

White people only “rule” as much as you let them. And for the record, through my experience, we’ve been fighting for equality for decades, and it’s never been more equitable than it is right here right now. Is is perfect? Probably not. But why go back 75 years? That’s what’s happening with all of this is. Force doesn’t work. Understandably, black folk didn’t like it and neither do white people. There’s an attempt to pull a coup on the majority and they’re not just gonna roll over and take it…just like blacks people didn’t acquiesce. Fair warning. 

Yes. I do think that the communities have what it takes. It just takes vision and commitment by strong, influential leaders. Keep in mind. Its a long game. It’s not gonna happen over night. But we are and have been on the right track. I’ve lived it. I hope that we don’t continue to ruin all of the gains that have been made.

There is no “blame” brother. It just IS. I used to be angry because of the initial hand I was dealt in life. That resentment and anger only hurt ME and mine. Fortunately, I acquired a certain amount of acceptance that enabled me to have a pretty good life. Interestingly enough, I’m kind of in the same boat again today…just circumstances have changed a bit. Working on it. 

That is your experience. Need I remind you that all are not you. Given that, you can not expect all to progress as you. By staying that legislation alone will not do the trick, understand that there is a way but it entails time and a change of heart and mind of those that continue to perpetrate history as culture but not accepted as  atrocities, acceptance of one without the other. 

You see equity where? I watch CSpan and see none. Congress is not indicative of it's constituents. Be real, the control still rest firmly in their grasp. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, concha said:

It's fascinating how that fukwit talks about blaming who's in charge yet when those in charge are black and/or Democrats, it still ends up being white conservatives who get the blame.

Memphis is a deep blue city. Black police chief even.

Can anyone find where Willie questions the liberal government and black police department leadership?

8 of 13 city councilmen in deep-blue Memphis are black.

Here's a photo of the Memphis PD executive command staff:

11-2021-COMMAND-STAFF-PHOTO-768x525.jpg

That's "the system".

These are the folks making and enforcing the rules.

Right out the gate this is what he posted..  first sentence: 

“Exactly as has been said, blacks have to worry about the cops, no matter their color and the community has more to worry about from cops of color than they do white cops.”

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

“Exactly as has been said, blacks have to worry about the cops, no matter their color and the community has more to worry about from cops of color than they do white cops.”

Simply shows their disposition BEFORE the subject is broached.

• Like 1

A couple of the studies highlights for those that don't care to read the link above.

In 2015, the Obama Justice Department studied the Philadelphia Police Department’s use of force and determined that white officers were less likely to shoot an unarmed black suspect than were either black or Hispanic officers.

Harvard University economist Roland G. Fryer, meanwhile, “didn’t find racial differences in officer-involved shootings” when he studied 1,399 of them in California, Texas, Florida, Colorado, and Washington from 2000 to 2015.

“In addition, from Houston only in those same years, we had reports describing situations in which gunfire might have been justified by department guidelines but the cops didn’t shoot,” he wrote in The Wall Street Journal last year.  “This is a key piece of data that popular online databases don’t include.

“No matter how we analyzed the data, we found no racial differences in shootings overall, in any city in particular, or in any subset of the data.”

3 minutes ago, Warrior said:

A couple of the studies highlights for those that don't care to read the link above.

In 2015, the Obama Justice Department studied the Philadelphia Police Department’s use of force and determined that white officers were less likely to shoot an unarmed black suspect than were either black or Hispanic officers.

Harvard University economist Roland G. Fryer, meanwhile, “didn’t find racial differences in officer-involved shootings” when he studied 1,399 of them in California, Texas, Florida, Colorado, and Washington from 2000 to 2015.

“In addition, from Houston only in those same years, we had reports describing situations in which gunfire might have been justified by department guidelines but the cops didn’t shoot,” he wrote in The Wall Street Journal last year.  “This is a key piece of data that popular online databases don’t include.

“No matter how we analyzed the data, we found no racial differences in shootings overall, in any city in particular, or in any subset of the data.”

Not the topic here interloper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And you must have missed when I wrote this:

"Today, these events can happen in blue cities, with black police chiefs and even black cops. The cities are far more often than not run by Dems for the better part of a lifetime or more.

The story we are asked to believe?

It's all systemic.

Guess fucking what?

1. Democrats - including black Democrats - are and have been "the system" in these places for decades. And guess who keeps pushing fellow blacks to keep trusting them? Shills like our dear pal Willie.
  2. What happened in Memphis is far more in line with the fact that by far the biggest threat to black man in America is another black man."

Here was the OP:

This incident serves as a reminder and a warning. A reminder that the badge is not here to protect and serve the community and a warning to the youth that the badge is not their friend.

Stay away from them, out of their way.

The fact is that this shit is rare, unlike what shills like Willie would have you believe. The police keep black-on-black violence down.

• Like 1