Random old teams and their results

MA Fan

8 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Post your result

Responded with the laugh emoji but actual results would be best reflected by the sad one.

She appeared at my best friend's place two doors down from me summer after my senior year (family friends of his), and seemed very interested in my driving range gig and my '68 Chevy 🤣 

Sadly this era of my life was chalk full of zero game and stupid levels of obliviousness (it was less than two months earlier that I shot down hanging with a girl I knew from track after our graduation ceremony because aforementioned best friend was coming over to my house), so nothing came from it. We did keep in touch but never once in my subsequent college years did it dawn on me to do a Panama City spring break trip. Amateur hour at its lowest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Responded with the laugh emoji but actual results would be best reflected by the sad one.

She appeared at my best friend's place two doors down from me summer after my senior year (family friends of his), and seemed very interested in my driving range gig and my '68 Chevy 🤣 

Sadly this era of my life was chalk full of zero game and stupid levels of obliviousness (it was less than two months earlier that I shot down hanging with a girl I knew from track after our graduation ceremony because aforementioned best friend was coming over to my house), so nothing came from it. We did keep in touch but never once in my subsequent college years did it dawn on me to do a Panama City spring break trip. Amateur hour at its lowest.

Do you play golf?  Details on that Chevy.  Thx

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Do you play golf?  Details on that Chevy.  Thx

Due to aforementioned stupidity I have next to no pictures of my old pickup so the quite unfortunate pre-prom pick will have to do. My date was not as keen on the Green Meanie as Miss Lynn Haven was so we rode up in Mom's Camaro (which as I've mentioned previously became my Camaro through my college years). As far as details was a '68 C10 with a 350 under the hood. Loved that thing and regret getting rid of it for the Camaro as the latter became a bit of a money pit thanks to GM's "efficient" cooling system.

I'm not a golfer which I think served me well on the range...boss never had to worry about me killing time on our 115-degree summer days working on my own game 😆 I did that for four years and in retrospect it was an absolute blast.

35382_10150208211685032_3496047_n.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Due to aforementioned stupidity I have next to no pictures of my old pickup so the quite unfortunate pre-prom pick will have to do. My date was not as keen on the Green Meanie as Miss Lynn Haven was so we rode up in Mom's Camaro (which as I've mentioned previously became my Camaro through my college years). As far as details was a '68 C10 with a 350 under the hood. Loved that thing and regret getting rid of it for the Camaro as the latter became a bit of a money pit thanks to GM's "efficient" cooling system.

I'm not a golfer which I think served me well on the range...boss never had to worry about me killing time on our 115-degree summer days working on my own game 😆 I did that for four years and in retrospect it was an absolute blast.

Two sweet rides, especially the pickup.

My 82 Camaro Z28 (crossfire injection with the hood flaps) I bought used in 1989 with low mileage, was a money pit just 2 years in.  I sold it to a work colleague.  

The 1970 Tucson High Badgers would finish the year ranked #3 nationally, behind only Austin Reagan and Massillon Washington (respectively). The Badgers' T-formation would produce three 1000-yard rushers as Tucson became Arizona's first three-time state champion under the playoff system implemented in 1959. Linebacker Marvin Lewis (a USC recruit that would die tragically after being paralyzed following a diving accident) and future Cardinals' lineman Mike Dawson would be named Parade All-Americans.

Tucson Catalina 41-0

Tucson Sunnyside 43-6

Tucson Pueblo 32-6

Tucson Salpointe 40-6

Tucson Rincon 28-8

Douglas 33-13

Tucson Amphitheatre 49-25

Tucson Palo Verde 28-20

Tucson Sahuaro 47-6

Salpointe 41-20

Mesa Westwood 39-34

Phoenix Sunnyslope 54-16

• Like 2

1965 Baltimore City College

DeMatha 27-12
Loyola 22-0
Patterson 20-0
Mount St. Joseph 46-0
Archbishop Curley 40-0
St. John's (DC) 32-7
Douglass 24-6
Calvert Hall 50-12
Baltimore Poly 52-6 (attendance: 22,676)

Former Baltimore mayor Kurt Schmoke was the quarterback. Poly was also undefeated heading into the Thanksgiving rivalry game. This was the days of the old Maryland Scholastic Association, where the Baltimore public and private schools played together in the same league. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

1965 Baltimore City College

DeMatha 27-12
Loyola 22-0
Patterson 20-0
Mount St. Joseph 46-0
Archbishop Curley 40-0
St. John's (DC) 32-7
Douglass 24-6
Calvert Hall 50-12
Baltimore Poly 52-6 (attendance: 22,676)

Former Baltimore mayor Kurt Schmoke was the quarterback. Poly was also undefeated heading into the Thanksgiving rivalry game. This was the days of the old Maryland Scholastic Association, where the Baltimore public and private schools played together in the same league. 

@BigDrop fyi.  Hope you’re doing well.  

• Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 4:39 PM, Wooderson said:

Bought new in 1970 GTO Judge Ram Air 3 (Polaroid photo from back then)…

Football:  ’76 Moeller-Faust and Ohio’s best ever.

F4C49368-9BF9-4DE6-B703-670B043DDDD5.jpeg

• Like 3

Since you guys want to talk about cars, let's go to the Detroit area.

1975 Madison Heights (MI) Madison

Warren 13-0
Avondale 29-6
Troy Athens 34-6
Troy 34-21
Utica Ford 21-0
Rochester 34-7
Madison Heights Lamphere 21-8
Clawson 13-38
Romeo 33-27

Why this team? The head coach was Jim Myers, better known to most as George "The Animal" Steele.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MA Fan said:

Warren 13-0
Avondale 29-6
Troy Athens 34-6
Troy 34-21
Utica Ford 21-0
Rochester 34-7
Clawson 13-38
Romeo 33-27

Why this team? The head coach was Jim Myers, better known to most as George "The Animal" Steele.

I think he became a wrastler? 😂

On 2/19/2023 at 6:42 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

1979 Clarke Central (Athens,GA) won an NC 

@ Southwest HS (Macon,GA) 9-0 W 

@ Northeast HS (Macon,GA) 10-7 W 

@ Cedar Shoals (Athens,GA) 27-0 W

@ Douglass (Atlanta,GA) 7-6 W 

Georgia Mountain Conference Division 4A Games:

Vs. Tucker (GA) 35-21 W 

Vs. Johnson (Gainesville,GA) 28-7 W 

Vs. Dunwoody (GA) 20-7 W

Vs. Habersham Central (Mount. Airy,GA) 34-0 W 

Vs. Stephens County (Toccoa,GA) 34-0 

@ Henderson HS (Chamblee,GA) 33-0 W (Defunct)

Playoffs: 

Vs. Chamblee (GA) HS  21-14 W

Vs. Peachtree HS (Atlanta,GA) 17-16 W (Defunct)

@ North Cobb (Kennessaw,GA) 14-7 W 

@ Griffin (GA) 27-10 W 

State Champ Game:

@ Tift County HS (Tifton,GA) 20-13 W 

This is interesting because they don’t appear to be a “dominant” team by their scores.

I will be there in a few hours. We are moving Beaux out of the Gamma Phi Beta house and back home for the Summer. it’s right across the street from Clarke. 

19 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Warren 13-0
Avondale 29-6
Troy Athens 34-6
Troy 34-21
Utica Ford 21-0
Rochester 34-7
Clawson 13-38
Romeo 33-27

You’re welcome to a speech now.  It’s just past 10 am for me, but I don’t see a draft and pass effort beating this tidbit.  Nice work. 👍🏻 

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I see what you did there.  😉 :) 

My Maryland plate from when I lived in the MD suburbs of D. C. where I was born.  I had a friend whose plate in NJ was FUN many years ago.

Now In-n-Out Burger (double double animal style) is one of the best meals on earth.

98739295-ACA8-4187-83D3-B1D99DBF3AAD.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Since the forum is now officially sponsored by Westjet, this thread is being expanded to cover Saskatchewan.

1973 Regina (SK) Campbell

Miller 50-0
Central 36-0
Balfour Tech 26-13
Campion 47-0
Miller 50-6
Campion 53-0
Central 29-0
Balfour Tech 39-19
O'Neill 51-0 (Regina semifinals)
Balfour Tech 44-21 (Regina finals)
Evan Hardy 34-28 (Saskatchewan 4A finals)

Coaches were a little salty after the championship game

sask4a.png

18 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

Since the forum is now officially sponsored by Westjet, this thread is being expanded to cover Saskatchewan.

1973 Regina (SK) Campbell

Miller 50-0
Central 36-0
Balfour Tech 26-13
Campion 47-0
Miller 50-6
Campion 53-0
Central 29-0
Balfour Tech 39-19
O'Neill 51-0 (Regina semifinals)
Balfour Tech 44-21 (Regina finals)
Evan Hardy 34-28 (Saskatchewan 4A finals)

Coaches were a little salty after the championship game

sask4a.png

If we're going international I'll have to see what I can dig up about the German team my buddy's cousin was an All-Europe QB for in the early 2000s.

• 2 weeks later...

1994 DuPont (WV) Randy Moss comes up short in a bid for a third straight state title

East Bank 33-6
Scott 40-20
South Charleston 36-23
Man 35-0
Herbert Hoover 42-13
George Washington 61-30
Ripley 40-7
Nitro 50-7
Capital 22-14
Hurricane 28-0
Princeton 39-16 (WV Class AAA First Round)
St. Albans 47-15 (WV Class AAA Quarterfinal)
South Charleston 7-10 (WV Class AAA Semifinal)