White Supremacist Rally Protest Violent Clash with Counter-Protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia

TheRealCAJ

Both sides need to step off of the ledge here. I think we can all agree on a few things as Americans:

1. It is our right to peacefully assemble and express our views, however terrible they may be.

2. Just because you are offended by something, doesn't mean you have the right to quiet that opinion with violence.

3. Hate groups are counter-productive economically and go against the American spirit. Time for all sides to grow up some and work together.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bones said:

And what has the tangerine done? Did he give up nuclear weapons? Did he give up missiles? Did he allow his people to be free? Nope. The tangerine has done nothing worthy of credit. Tweeting tough talk is not an accomplishment. It may seem so to people who do nothing but tough talk on a message board and run around at night carrying tiki torches, but it's nothing.

And truthfully there's nothing he, Obama, W, or Clinton could have done. The US has proven to be a war mongering nation that attacks countries that cannot defend themselves. NK knows that and also knows that the US doesn't have the courage to attack a nuclear nation. Tough talk be damned. NK did what they had to do to ensure it's survival. The only one of those presidents not smart enough to realize it though was the orange one.

1 minute ago, 181pl said:

Both sides need to step off of the ledge here. I think we can all agree on a few things as Americans:

1. It is our right to peacefully assemble and express our views, however terrible they may be.

2. Just because you are offended by something, doesn't mean you have the right to quiet that opinion with violence.

3. Hate groups are counter-productive economically and go against the American spirit. Time for all sides to grow up some and work together.

Great idea in theory problem is most wont admit what a hate group is.

• Like 1

So, does anyone else think that Trump does in fact have a "white supremecy" problem?

He seems to always wait until the pressure is on something fierce before eventually condemning these groups by name. Of course this is after claiming the last president wouldn't label certain terror groups by name.

He does always try to sidestep on these issues, and it does lead one to believe he is in some level of agreement with the supremecists on some of these issues. At the minimum, he does see them as a chunk of his base, so he tries really hard to not alienate them. By letting the pressure  build first, he gives the image that he was forced to "call them out" so they stay his friends. 

We can make believe this is a minor issue with a relatively small amount of people all we want, but because only a few are willing to go out in public and be identified doesn't mean that there aren't many, many that sympathize or support that agenda.

Trump being allowed to kind of intermingle that agenda in with republican agendas is awesome to me. Shows true colors, and how far people are willing to go. Even those that claim to not be racist at all, and some that I tend to believe that is the case fore sure. The more Trump plays it like this, it's getting more and more difficult to separate or distance yourselves from it all imo.

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So, does anyone else think that Trump does in fact have a "white supremecy" problem?

He seems to always wait until the pressure is on something fierce before eventually condemning these groups by name. Of course this is after claiming the last president wouldn't label certain terror groups by name.

He does always try to sidestep on these issues, and it does lead one to believe he is in some level of agreement with the supremecists on some of these issues. At the minimum, he does see them as a chunk of his base, so he tries really hard to not alienate them. By letting the pressure  build first, he gives the image that he was forced to "call them out" so they stay his friends. 

We can make believe this is a minor issue with a relatively small amount of people all we want, but because only a few are willing to go out in public and be identified doesn't mean that there aren't many, many that sympathize or support that agenda.

Trump being allowed to kind of intermingle that agenda in with republican agendas is awesome to me. Shows true colors, and how far people are willing to go. Even those that claim to not be racist at all, and some that I tend to believe that is the case fore sure. The more Trump plays it like this, it's getting more and more difficult to separate or distance yourselves from it all imo.

Trumps first statement on Saturday was on point. Regardless if you like the KKK or any other hate group. They filed the proper paperwork and were entitled to be there. They didn't have this rally looking for a riot. See past rallies. A few flares up nothing like Saturday. BLM and antifa went out there Saturday fully looking to start trouble. Do you think there is a riot if BLM and antifa are not present? The President said all the hate on all sides needed to stop and everyone needed to remember we are Americans first. That was not enough for the libs and media. Dude he could have come out and denounced the KKK and and other hate groups by name  that would not have been enough.

The only difference between the KKK and BLM and antifa is the KKK has been doing it longer. They are all hate groups.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Probably not going to see a better conspiracy theory this week. Well done.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Trumps first statement on Saturday was on point. Regardless if you like the KKK or any other hate group. They filed the proper paperwork and were entitled to be there. They didn't have this rally looking for a riot. See past rallies. A few flares up nothing like Saturday. BLM and antifa went out there Saturday fully looking to start trouble. Do you think there is a riot if BLM and antifa are not present? The President said all the hate on all sides needed to stop and everyone needed to remember we are Americans first. That was not enough for the libs and media. Dude he could have come out and denounced the KKK and and other hate groups by name  that would not have been enough.

The only difference between the KKK and BLM and antifa is the KKK has been doing it longer. They are all hate groups.

You always say this. "Dude, he could have..."

He certainly could have. Then we would know for sure. His initial response WAS NOT on point. There was only certain groups rallying. He decided to side step, just like always, as it pertains to David Duke types.

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Probably not going to see a better conspiracy theory this week. Well done.

Lol. I'm thinking one time making the side stepping mistake can be maybe overlooked by less skeptical people. 

Repetitive side stepping on this issue makes non-skeptical types more skeptical.

I think the president is closing in on the repetitive side stepping side of things here. 

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You always say this. "Dude, he could have..."

He certainly could have. Then we would know for sure. His initial response WAS NOT on point. There was only certain groups rallying. He decided to side step, just like always, as it pertains to David Duke types.

Trump has been a public figure his entire life. He has been praised by Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton for almost 30 years. He has won countless awards for community service. He was awarded the Ellis Island Medal of honor. Other recipient's include Rosa Parks and Ali. He has done countless things and been praised by minorities for most of his life. He suddenly became a racist when he decided to run for President and the Dems said he was? Come on man.  

The Ellis Island Medals of Honor embody the spirit of America in their celebration of patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity. They recognize individuals who have made it their mission to share with those less fortunate their wealth of knowledge, indomitable courage, boundless compassion, unique talents and selfless generosity; all while maintaining the traditions of their ethnic heritage as they uphold the ideals and spirit of America.  As always, NECO remains dedicated to the maintenance and restoration of America’s greatest symbol of its immigrant history, Ellis Island.

11 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Same could be said as to why cops kill black men and twice as many white men on the street. High majority of all police shootings are because victim is fighting-resisting while commiting crimes. Cops are being shot and assaulted often as well. The clown above called open season on cops and you don't mention it in your response. 

Cops are being arrested all the time now days for wrong doing. Yet, all you hear is "there's never justice". 

Quit commiting crimes, tweeking and shootings go away. Seems pretty damn simple to me. 

I'm talking about unarmed people being murdered.  Not talking about anything other than that.  If we can start the conversation with that in mind I'm sure we would agree.  People who commit violent acts is something I don't agree but if it does happen I'm not going to dismiss the original reason for for the BLM movement. That is still valid.  Its really about my first sentence and there is no argument that makes that ok.  

Your view that "simply stop committing crimes and tweaking" is good advice for those that are doing that but that's not the problem.  Its the murder of those that are not doing that.  

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. I'm thinking one time making the side stepping mistake can be maybe overlooked by less skeptical people. 

Repetitive side stepping on this issue makes non-skeptical types more skeptical.

I think the president is closing in on the repetitive side stepping side of things here. 

There are a few pretty good clips on YouTube that people have put together showing Trump disavowing and/or generally talking shit about white supremacists circa 1991-2016. I'd suggest a look.

The fact is, that he didn't make the exact statement you people thought he should make, because violence in opposition of Trump is perfectly fine. Therefore, you see yet another "a-ha, this time we've really got him...he's toast" moment to hump until your next episode.

If you really think he's pandering to 50,000 (at most) people out of 62 million voters, then I'm honestly not sure what else to say.

• Like 1

I mean the white supremacists leaders and publications have all acknowledged the tangelo president is one of them.  Whether it's a problem depends on your perspective. Obviously thc, 181, Zulu don't see being connected to Klansmen and Nazis as a problem, they defend it in every post. If you're a real American like myself or Hawg then it is a problem.

It was there before Trump but he just said to hell with the code words and dog whistles and decided to be overt with it. Now the right has no other option but to accuse the other side of the same thing. They also did this to MLK Jr in the 60's. It's nothing new.

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

I mean the white supremacists leaders and publications have all acknowledged the tangelo president is one of them.  Whether it's a problem depends on your perspective. Obviously thc, 181, Zulu don't see being connected to Klansmen and Nazis as a problem, they defend it in every post. If you're a real American like myself or Hawg then it is a problem.

It was there before Trump but he just said to hell with the code words and dog whistles and decided to be overt with it. Now the right has no other option but to accuse the other side of the same thing. They also did this to MLK Jr in the 60's. It's nothing new.

Classic lib bitch agree with me or your a racist. Show one post where I defended any hate group. Don't you have police to go shoot at tough guy. #targetpractice

1 hour ago, Bones said:

And what has the tangerine done? Did he give up nuclear weapons? Did he give up missiles? Did he allow his people to be free? Nope. The tangerine has done nothing worthy of credit. Tweeting tough talk is not an accomplishment. It may seem so to people who do nothing but tough talk on a message board and run around at night carrying tiki torches, but it's nothing.

And truthfully there's nothing he, Obama, W, or Clinton could have done. The US has proven to be a war mongering nation that attacks countries that cannot defend themselves. NK knows that and also knows that the US doesn't have the courage to attack a nuclear nation. Tough talk be damned. NK did what they had to do to ensure it's survival. The only one of those presidents not smart enough to realize it though was the orange one.

This sorry bitch claims to be a real American? By reading this post you really show how fond of America you are. I am glad you are for posting the identities of those racist on line. We will all see your face soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Side bar question, in a frail attempt to switch gears a little bit...

What do you all think about the identifying and public/internet shaming of the faces in the crowd? 

Intetesting.  I'm all good with It but would hope that no-one gets labeled incorrectly and it ruins somebody"a life.  I can see it getting out of hand.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

Intetesting.  I'm all good with It but would hope that no-one gets labeled incorrectly and it ruins somebody"a life.  I can see it getting out of hand.  

They can change though even if they are labeled. It probably would make for the better story. The guys in this thread can change, that's why we engage them, no? I mean if Robert Byrd can change then these mini David Dukes in this thread can. But they have to want to. I think the exposure may assist the process.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bones said:

They can change though even if they are labeled. It probably would make for the better story. The guys in this thread can change, that's why we engage them, no? I mean if Robert Byrd can change then these mini David Dukes in this thread can. But they have to want to. I think the exposure may assist the process.

Seek first to understand then be understood....Maxine.

35 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'm talking about unarmed people being murdered.  Not talking about anything other than that.  If we can start the conversation with that in mind I'm sure we would agree.  People who commit violent acts is something I don't agree but if it does happen I'm not going to dismiss the original reason for for the BLM movement. That is still valid.  Its really about my first sentence and there is no argument that makes that ok.  

Your view that "simply stop committing crimes and tweaking" is good advice for those that are doing that but that's not the problem.  Its the murder of those that are not doing that.  

I agree 100% about innocent unarmed, non combative people shouldn't be shot. I think pretty much everyone in America feels that way. It happens to all races. There will be accidents sometimes and minimizing them should be priority. 

This issue isn't the norm however, it happens rarely and BLM jumps on pretty much all shootings involved with blacks involved. 

3 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I agree 100% about innocent unarmed, non combative people shouldn't be shot. I think pretty much everyone in America feels that way. It happens to all races. There will be accidents sometimes and minimizing them should be priority. 

This issue isn't the norm however, it happens rarely and BLM jumps on pretty much all shootings involved with blacks involved. 

You don't know how it works in the US being Russ and all. Having a weapon is not a reason to be shot in the US. We have what is called the 2nd amendment. Even being guilty of a crime is not a reason to be shot in the US, we have judges and juries as flawed as they are. Being combatant is not a reason to be shot in the US. These are reasons Nazis and Klansmen would give though. Oh and cowards. Which one are you?

6 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I hear you and appreciate your comments.  I do think it has happened and is happening more than you may think.  Add decade after decade and you can understand the reaction.  The reaction may go overboard at times but that shouldn't be a reason to dismiss the reason for BLM.  

27 minutes ago, Bones said:

I agree about engaging them.  I think that is very important.  The difficulty that I see is that when these conversations happen there is a lot of automatic defensive responses.  It is part of the white psyche imo that there is an element if guilt associated to race discussions and that must be dealt with and move past.  To me, that we must get over that defensive position is necessary in order to get to open and honest discussions.  If people realize that they lose nothing by simply admitting the problem is real and legitimate, and they are no less a man by doing so, we can look at each other as fellow humans.  

• Like 1

I never said Trump was a racist. What I am saying is... He is sure as hell pandering to them. 

Also, there will certainly be a few more of them than 50k as was suggested. This rhetoric from Trump, these silent nods, dog whistles or whatever you want to call them, are wrong. He knows what he is doing whether he is racist or not. You folks know what he is doing too.

I'll stop wasting my time playing like you don't know that he is pandering to "50k Bannonites". Have fun making it great again. You have about 3.3 years left of the dog whistling wonder that is Twitler. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bormio said:

We are constantly told that we are inherently unable to understand the struggle of black people in America.  If that is the case, why should we even try or care?

I don't know who told you that, I think a whole lot of you pretend not to understand because it makes you feel better, or it's easier to ignore, or some are just taught to hate. But on the other hand you have the people who came out and protested. You have Father Pfleger. You have the people that marched with MLK. So I don't know who told you that.

On the other hand though we have the police who put German shepherds on marchers, you have Lee Atwater who I posted earlier admitting the code words Republicans used to get around race, you have Trump and his sycophants who will play ignorant until their last breath. 

And then there's people who can be reached even though they may be a certain way now. Like I said if Robert Byrd can change so can you.

• Like 1