White Supremacist Rally Protest Violent Clash with Counter-Protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia

TheRealCAJ

Just now, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

All over social media .... I actually saw the video of the KKK leaving with their tails tucked between their legs this morning on twitter and Facebook... but can't find it anywhere with a google search 

kind of odd

i dont think you can label BLM with these creeps... BLM is a LGBT organization that used the death of black men (who coincidentally don't appear anywhere in their charters or bylaws, as does other marginalized communities) to gain footing on a public stage ... 

I'm no fan of BLM after reading the charter, at all... but it's a long stretch to equate them to the KKK... they haven't murdered ,lynched, raped,or demonstrated repeatedly against the constitutional rights of anyone

IMO they are a hate group, this is how they are like the KKK. Cops have been murdered. Pigs in a blanket what do we want...dead cops...when...now. Don't sound like a peaceful bunch.

On 8/18/2017 at 10:32 AM, thc6795 said:

IMO they are a hate group, this is how they are like the KKK. Cops have been murdered. Pigs in a blanket what do we want...dead cops...when...now. Don't sound like a peaceful bunch.

PLEASE don't start me down a road of defending BLM... as I've stated... I'm not a fan of the feminist LGBT organization 

STILL... even right wing snopes has confirmed that the statements your mentioning had nothing to do with BLM...that came from a completely separate protest in Brooklyn

some right wing idiot  blogger decided to fool conservatives (not exactly the hardest thing to do) by claiming this was BLM right after cops were killed in Dallas... and everyone ate it up... even Fox News ...who coincidentally, originally showed the real video of the Brooklyn protest 2 years earlier .

id suggest doing a bit more research before  taking anyone at their words these days 

37 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

PLEASE don't start me down a road of defending BLM... as I've stated... I'm not a fan of the feminist LGBT organization 

STILL... even right wing snopes has confirmed that the statements your mentioning had nothing to do with BLM...that came from a completely separate protest in Brooklyn

some right wing idiot  blogger decided to fool conservatives (not exactly the hardest thing to do) by claiming this was BLM right after cops were killed in Dallas... and everyone ate it up... even Fox News ...who coincidentally, originally showed the real video of the Brooklyn protest 2 years earlier .

id suggest doing a bit more research before  taking anyone at their words these days 

"right wing" snopes?

You're joking, right?

Legally they are not traitors.  They were granted pardons by the US Govt and are in fact considered US military veterans under our law.  Done in order to help bind the nation's wounds after the Civil War.  Prior to the Civil War the legality of secession was debated, and many put loyalty to their state higher than loyalty to the Union.  The Civil War resolved those debates.

24 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Legally they are not traitors.  They were granted pardons by the US Govt and are in fact considered US military veterans under our law.  Done in order to help bind the nation's wounds after the Civil War.  Prior to the Civil War the legality of secession was debated, and many put loyalty to their state higher than loyalty to the Union.  The Civil War resolved those debates.

The pouring of the sugar coat doesn't change the fact they declared war on this 🇺🇸 Flag so why do these men deserve statues? They are traitors by definition 

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

The pouring of the sugar coat doesn't change the fact they declared war on this 🇺🇸 Flag so why do these men deserve statues? They are traitors by definition 

Because the members of the Confederate armies fought valiantly and bravely for what they believed were their rights under the US constitution.  They gave "the last full measure of devotion" as much as any Union soldier.  I understand today we see their cause as immoral and unjust.  But we are applying today's moral standards to a different time - the institution of slavery was originally enshrined in our Constitution because it was not universally seen as immoral - by people on both sides.  And there were Confederates who abhorred slavery.  The troops at the end of the war had great respect for those on the other side - evidenced by reunions in later years that included both Yankees and Rebels.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Because the members of the Confederate armies fought valiantly and bravely for what they believed were their rights under the US constitution.  They gave "the last full measure of devotion" as much as any Union soldier.  I understand today we see their cause as immoral and unjust.  But we are applying today's moral standards to a different time - the institution of slavery was originally enshrined in our Constitution because it was not universally seen as immoral - by people on both sides.  And there were Confederates who abhorred slavery.  The troops at the end of the war had great respect for those on the other side - evidenced by reunions in later years that included both Yankees and Rebels.

I don't care why they declared war on the United States 🇺🇸 and it maters not what measures they gave.The fact they did is the very definition of treason which in my mind would exclude you from statues.If they respected them means nothing.Many veterans of wars had respect for the enemy and even met with them years later do those enemies deserve statues here as well? Why do these men deserve exception?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

I don't think men who declare war on the United States while simultaneously committing treason deserve statues

The men who actually fought the war resolved this a long time ago.  But if you want to keep fighting the Civil War, have at it.  It seems rather pointless to the majority of Americans, including many African-Americans.

• Like 1

Just now, Bormio said:

The men who actually fought the war resolved this a long time ago.  But if you want to keep fighting the Civil War, have at it.  It seems rather pointless to the majority of Americans, including many African-Americans.

I'm not fighting any war or remotely reliving it.I asked a question Because it seems extraordinarily odd there are statues for a treasonous enemy 

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I'm not fighting any war or remotely reliving it.I asked a question Because it seems extraordinarily odd there are statues for a treasonous enemy 

They were Americans before the war AND Americans after it.  Their descendants wished to honor their sacrifice.  They could care less if you think it is odd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

They were Americans before the war AND Americans after it.  Their descendants wished to honor their sacrifice.  They could care less if you think it is odd.

Ah, but not American during and forced Americans after and their descendants caring or not doesn't make it any less strange

On 8/13/2017 at 4:32 PM, Bormio said:

The new Left - you have rights if we say you have rights.  Define your political opponents as terrorists and their rights be damned.

BTW, the ACLU has defended the right of the KKK to march for years.

During the 1920s, the ACLU expanded its scope to include protecting the free speech rights of artists and striking workers, and working with the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) to decrease racism and discrimination.