White Supremacist Rally Protest Violent Clash with Counter-Protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia

TheRealCAJ

17 minutes ago, Bones said:

I don't know who told you that, I think a whole lot of you pretend not to understand because it makes you feel better, or it's easier to ignore, or some are just taught to hate. But on the other hand you have the people who came out and protested. You have Father Pfleger. You have the people that marched with MLK. So I don't know who told you that.

On the other hand though we have the police who put German shepherds on marchers, you have Lee Atwater who I posted earlier admitting the code words Republicans used to get around race, you have Trump and his sycophants who will play ignorant until their last breath. 

And then there's people who can be reached even though they may be a certain way now. Like I said if Robert Byrd can change so can you.

No one has said racism doesn't exist. Is there a problem with un-armed PEOPLE being shot by police? Yes there is, part of due to racism? I am sure it is. Is the KKK and other hate groups racist? Yes they are. This is all we agree about. I think there are more good police then bad police. I think police shootings are on the rise do to the lack of training and the reduced talent pool to select from. No one wants to be police anymore. I don't think black people have a monopoly on who is a racist and who isn't. A black dude can be just as much a racist as a white dude or a brown dude. I think BLM and antifa are hate groups just like the KKK.

I think why bother?  Ive known guys like you my whole life. Play the victim card because they are a minority. Claim minorities cant be racist. Always blaming the man instead of looking inward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bones said:

You don't know how it works in the US being Russ and all. Having a weapon is not a reason to be shot in the US. We have what is called the 2nd amendment. Even being guilty of a crime is not a reason to be shot in the US, we have judges and juries as flawed as they are. Being combatant is not a reason to be shot in the US. These are reasons Nazis and Klansmen would give though. Oh and cowards. Which one are you?

Call me whatever ya want. Maybe Daddy, since odds are you don't know who yours is. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I agree about engaging them.  I think that is very important.  The difficulty that I see is that when these conversations happen there is a lot of automatic defensive responses.  It is part of the white psyche imo that there is an element if guilt associated to race discussions and that must be dealt with and move past.  To me, that we must get over that defensive position is necessary in order to get to open and honest discussions.  If people realize that they lose nothing by simply admitting the problem is real and legitimate, and they are no less a man by doing so, we can look at each other as fellow humans.  

I can assure you I have zero guilt for being white and have zero reason to have guilt. That's ridiculous to assume.

There is a real problem in America. It's the amount of lazy people living off govt, criminals, drug users and lawless mentality of many. 

26 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I can assure you I have zero guilt for being white and have zero reason to have guilt. That's ridiculous to assume.

There is a real problem in America. It's the amount of lazy people living off govt, criminals, drug users and lawless mentality of many. 

I am being extremely specific and not placing any blame or condemnation at all.  It's that I think this is what happens and when people argue the merits of BLM, it only reinforces my thinking.  it's an unconscious reaction and not a purposeful thing white people discuss racism with a black person.   It's not about feeling guilty because if you didn't do anything wrong there is no need for that.  It's about the recognition that, as human beings, we all deserve to not get murdered.  That is all.  Nobody is lessened in any way by simply agreeing with that.  And to argue that simple statement in any way informs me that there is some unconscious defensive thing happening. 

Just one white guy's opinion, fwiw

Your 2nd part has nothing to do with BLM or anything we were discussing but I agree that some people are lazy and criminals.  Don't think that one of our country's biggest problems though. 

Apparently the ACLU are neo-Nazis as well.  The Governor of Virginia blamed them in part because they threatened to sue to enforce the rights of both sets of protestors.  The ACLU also pointed out the state had a responsibility to ensure safety and prevent violence - which they obviously failed at.

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Apparently the ACLU are neo-Nazis as well.  The Governor of Virginia blamed them in part because they threatened to sue to enforce the rights of both sets of protestors.  The ACLU also pointed out the state had a responsibility to ensure safety and prevent violence - which they obviously failed at.

well what do you expect the mayor of the city was too busy explaining the difference of eating pussy and ass.

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2017 at 5:59 PM, Bones said:

Police are a legit target, they are not civilians so clearly you dont understand what terrorism is. Secondly, that makes them a legit target especially if they are the cause of the problem. Thirdly, BLM hasnt committed any terrorist acts. Finally, look how you are defending Nazis and klan members. It's expected though.

And you people think that you can have a discussion with this mentality? 

Hate groups are poison. That goes for black and white. But if you're unwilling to call a spade, a spade, then you are part of the problem.....not the solution.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

as long as the identities of all protestors is posted. They need to post the KKK, BLM, antifa all hate groups. Not just pick and choose

Nah just the ones that are there for the purpose of spreading hate against all minorities.  Actually yeah they can post the ones of Antifa also so we know who the good soldiers are that are protesting against hate and racism.  I agree. Post both sides. 

5 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Nah just the ones that are there for the purpose of spreading hate against all minorities.  Actually yeah they can post the ones of Antifa also so we know who the good soldiers are that are protesting against hate and racism.  I agree. Post both sides. 

so your ok with violence as long as the violence is against those you don't like. What happens when antifa decides they no longer want Mexicans here and they cause problems at JCC day in LA? You don't know what or who antifa will do.

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

A simple youtube search will show the violent acts these "good soldiers" are responsible for. 

Another example of someone who won't call a spade, a spade.

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

so your ok with violence as long as the violence is against those you don't like. What happens when antifa decides they no longer want Mexicans here and they cause problems at JCC day in LA? You don't know what or who antifa will do.

As long as they stand against racism and discrimination then I'm all for them protesting against it.  NOT in a violent way unless its self defense.  Violence is not always the answer.  Only when protecting yourself.  I can tell you if some white supremacist got in my face and started yelling derogatory names to me inches away from my mug I am mos def going to make sure he knows and feels what I think about him.

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

As long as they stand against racism and discrimination then I'm all for them protesting against it.  NOT in a violent way unless its self defense.  Violence is not always the answer.  Only when protecting yourself.  I can tell you if some white supremacist got in my face and started yelling derogatory names to me inches away from my mug I am mos def going to make sure he knows and feels what I think about him.

FYI, the bulk of violence out there is not coming from the right.  When you see someone getting beaten up, cars burning, buildings torched, someone's free speech rights being attacked... it's the likes of Antifa , BLM.... It's not even close.

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Bro antifa doesn't stand for anything, and they are as violent as any other hate group. As for some dumb fuck getting in my face. I doubt it happens. they better have a chair. Seriously if I know there is going to be a group of racist in Dallas tomorrow why would I make plans to visit Dallas tomorrow? I could care less what they have to say fuck them so why wd I go?  If I go just to tell them to fuck off then who went looking for trouble me or them?  

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bro antifa doesn't stand for anything, and they are as violent as any other hate group. As for some dumb fuck getting in my face. I doubt it happens. they better have a chair. Seriously if I know there is going to be a group of racist in Dallas tomorrow why would I make plans to visit Dallas tomorrow? I could care less what they have to say fuck them so why wd I go?  If I go just to tell them to fuck off then who went looking for trouble me or them?  

I am in total agreement with you.  If I know of something like that going down somewhere that is not near my home or neighborhood I stay far away.  Kinds of like why you won't see me visiting the south.  I don't go where Im not wanted. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I am in total agreement with you.  If I know of something like that going down somewhere that is not near my home or neighborhood I stay far away.  Kinds of like why you won't see me visiting the south.  I don't go where Im not wanted. Lol. 

Just no point man. that's why I say all sides are to blame for what happened on Saturday. The klan agree or not had a right to be there. BLM and antifa didn't. The violence doesn't happen if the people from BLM and antifa don't show up. or it least does not escalate to where it got.  I think Trump should have called out the KKK on Sat if for nothing else just for being a hate group. I am fine with him casting blame on everyone. In fact I agree 100%

• Like 1

On 8/16/2017 at 0:39 PM, thc6795 said:

Just no point man. that's why I say all sides are to blame for what happened on Saturday. The klan agree or not had a right to be there. BLM and antifa didn't. The violence doesn't happen if the people from BLM and antifa don't show up. or it least does not escalate to where it got.  I think Trump should have called out the KKK on Sat if for nothing else just for being a hate group. I am fine with him casting blame on everyone. In fact I agree 100%

White Supremacist actually planned on storming a small housing project in Charlottesville... some idiots on reddit were falsely giving the impression that they had the right to enter homes since it was government property

Of course ... once they got to the projects and saw angry n**gas ready to take their heads off, they aborted their 'mission' and turned back

7 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

White Supremacist actually planned on storming a small housing project in Charlottesville... some idiots on reddit were falsely giving the impression that they had the right to enter homes since it was government property

Of course ... once they got to the projects and saw angry n**gas ready to take their heads off, they aborted their 'mission' and turned back

Where did you hear this? Ive not seen it reported anywhere, doesn't mean it is not true. Bottom line is fuck the KKK and the white supremacist groups. With that said fuck all hate groups including BLM and antifa.  

37 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Where did you hear this? Ive not seen it reported anywhere, doesn't mean it is not true. Bottom line is fuck the KKK and the white supremacist groups. With that said fuck all hate groups including BLM and antifa.  

All over social media .... I actually saw the video of the KKK leaving with their tails tucked between their legs this morning on twitter and Facebook... but can't find it anywhere with a google search 

kind of odd

i dont think you can label BLM with these creeps... BLM is a LGBT organization that used the death of black men (who coincidentally don't appear anywhere in their charters or bylaws, as does other marginalized communities) to gain footing on a public stage ... 

I'm no fan of BLM after reading the charter, at all... but it's a long stretch to equate them to the KKK... they haven't murdered ,lynched, raped,or demonstrated repeatedly against the constitutional rights of anyone