Clarence Thomas - Reminder to renew your passport

golfaddict1

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Gun violence, whether people want to accept it or not is a problem. But guns do not cause violent behavior, they are simply an instrument used.   The same sort of structured problem solving approaches used widely in industry can be applied to gun violence.  Instead, we rely on lawmakers and enforcers.  Laws only stop law abiding people.  They do nothing to address root, proximal, or other cause.  The first step in solving problems is to determine an accurate problem statement.  Otherwise, you can never solve the problem.  Plus, you really want to have to solve the problem.  I’m not so sure society is willing to accept that.

Like my lacrosse coach said, young Free bird , it’s not the wand it’s the Wizard, you suck

long story short , we only hear  about these shootings to fit a certain agenda , how come when there’s a stabbing or something like that it barely gets covers on the local news, shit the Founder of Cashapp just got stabbed to death and barely even got covered 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wonder what his reaction would be if he knew that College kids in TN are fucking fed up with the Republicans... 

College kids as of 10 minutes ago have overrun the TN State house after the expulsion of 3 duely elected Democrats who dared challenge the Right on coming up with something regarding Gun Control... 

Their answer Get rid of em.... 

LOL "Murica"

You mean throwing out the 2 black male Democrats.  Republican Racism on full display. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Gun violence, whether people want to accept it or not is a problem. But guns do not cause violent behavior, they are simply an instrument used.   The same sort of structured problem solving approaches used widely in industry can be applied to gun violence.  Instead, we rely on lawmakers and enforcers.  Laws only stop law abiding people.  They do nothing to address root, proximal, or other cause.  The first step in solving problems is to determine an accurate problem statement.  Otherwise, you can never solve the problem.  Plus, you really want to have to solve the problem.  I’m not so sure society is willing to accept that.

Did you read what I posted? I clearly stated it’s not just focused on gun restrictions but looks at underlying mental/psychological issues. 

we have to make a real effort that will cost money. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You don’t have to make up scenarios. He was taking 70k trips on this friends dime.  Flying around in his private jet. Being gifted a $19k antique Bible owned by Frederick Douglas. Did you read the article? 

Good Od Uncle Tom. That damn Gullah doesn't even speak in public do to his embarrassment of that culture.  He's a Gullah.  Everything he's done is to get away from that.  I wonder if that black Grandpa that he keeps with him would approve. He's married to the  biggest damn KAREN in Merica. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Much of this will take time.

But what does not take much time is getting rid of the silly "gun free zones" that invite these awful shooting sprees. Want to quickly secure a school? Secured doors on all entry points. And - this is the real key - have at least one good guy with a gun on the premises (probably a screened veteran or former cop).  

Instead, NOTHING is done.  Guns aren't going away and as On2whls points out, taking the gun from the law-abiding actually has the potential to worsen things. Imagine the criminal or gang's reaction to finding out that Joe Law-Abiding Citizen now has to rely on harsh language and Louisville Slugger instead of a Glock, AR or shotgun.

Seizure of so-called "assault weapons"?  The Nashville shooter used a pistol caliber weapon.  A common 9mm semi-auto pistol is just as capable within the confines of a school.

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Good Od Uncle Tom. That damn Gullah doesn't even speak in public do to his embarrassment of that culture.  He's a Gullah.  Everything he's done is to get away from that.  I wonder if that black Grandpa that he keeps with him would approve. He's married to the  biggest damn KAREN in Merica. 

Hey, that’s no way to talk about one of the greatest leaders in Milky Way galaxy history

30 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

long story short , we only hear  about these shootings to fit a certain agenda , how come when there’s a stabbing or something like that it barely gets covers on the local news, shit the Founder of Cashapp just got stabbed to death and barely even got covered 

I consume a relatively low amount of “news,” I’m sure, and the cashapp founder getting stabbed was all over the place. Literally hundreds of stories on it and look at all that have come out today even. I have a serious question for you I’d appreciate an answer on — What the fuck are you talking about?

34D943EF-5294-4543-99F8-C151116AB14F.thumb.png.23138721282708a1c90432c78a8933ea.png2D20FE7A-2079-4BDB-B9C3-2495286C23A1.thumb.png.e45f67a0fd1efb326cd3fcb4c5f4831b.pngBC916E3C-64FD-4A0E-961D-C7DB05FBD65A.thumb.png.61a008f6d2b3ef60967c2c5f861a7a5f.pngF5CE5549-64C9-4B30-9B51-9A8463986461.thumb.png.139d9c5cd9ae8b5f1bb51d4e102782fc.png

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Did you read what I posted? I clearly stated it’s not just focused on gun restrictions but looks at underlying mental/psychological issues. 

we have to make a real effort that will cost money. 

The same old trope about guns.  It's like saying drunk driving laws don't stop drunks only law abiding citizens

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

The same old trope about guns.  It's like saying drunk driving laws don't stop drunks only law abiding citizens

It is, thats why I’m convinced the gen z and millennials will correct it. They’re not as tied down to political party rhetoric and won’t be as easily bought out by big money.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

It is, thats why I’m convinced the gen z and millennials will correct it. They’re not as tied down to political party rhetoric and won’t be as easily bought out by big money.  

Imagine no Drunk driving laws.  My ass would never drive.  Of course it doesn't stop all but only a fool won't believe it hasn't sharply decreased DUI's

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, concha said:

Much of this will take time.

But what does not take much time is getting rid of the silly "gun free zones" that invite these awful shooting sprees. Want to quickly secure a school? Secured doors on all entry points. And - this is the real key - have at least one good guy with a gun on the premises (probably a screened veteran or former cop).  

Instead, NOTHING is done.  Guns aren't going away and as On2whls points out, taking the gun from the law-abiding actually has the potential to worsen things. Imagine the criminal or gang's reaction to finding out that Joe Law-Abiding Citizen now has to rely on harsh language and Louisville Slugger instead of a Glock, AR or shotgun.

Seizure of so-called "assault weapons"?  The Nashville shooter used a pistol caliber weapon.  A common 9mm semi-auto pistol is just as capable within the confines of a school.

I don't think any of the killers have sought out gun free zones per say but rather soft, convenient ones.

Here in Clayton county Georgia and for this matter, all of Georgia, have locked doors and most have school police that are certified officers. Lots of threats but no shootings.

The nation is split and not all problems are shared by all.

How many people know that 7 of the top 10 states in gun deaths are red.  Because they have the most freaking guns.  But let them scream Chicago, Chicago.  Meanwhile Arkansas and Alabubba is off da hook.

Murder rates in Trump states have been increasing at much higher rates than Biden states. Back in 2000, murder rates in Trump states were 16% higher and fell to a 9% gap in 2003 and 2004. By 2007, the Red State murder gap reached 20% and would exceed 20% in every year but one thereafter. In 2014, the Red State murder gap exceeded 30% for the first time (32% in 2014) and would remain above that threshold throughout. The Red State murder gap crossed the threshold of 40% in 2019, when murder rates in Trump states were 44% higher than Biden states, before receding slightly to 43% in 2020.

Over the period studied, murder rates jumped 39.4% in Trump-voting states (6.35 murders/100,000 population in 2000 to 8.84/100,000 in 2020). Murder rates increased just 13.4% in Biden-voting states (5.47 murders/100,000 population in 2000 to 6.20/100,000 in 2020).

Ironically, as the media frenzy over “soft on crime” Democrats reached its peak, the Red State murder gap widened to its deepest gulch, contrary to the popular narrative

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Drunk drivers are irresponsible idiots.

If you can't differentiate between them and the mass homicidally-inclined, you probably need to take a break.

A more apt drunk driver reference would be "It's like taking away cars from sober drivers so drunk drivers don't kill them".

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you drive impaired by alcohol or drugs you are making a choice not to be a law abiding citizen, whether or not you get caught. If you get caught or cause an accident, you should be prosecuted in accordance with the law. 
Similarly if you obtain a gun, whether legally or illegally, use it in the commission of a crime and are caught, you should be prosecuted in accordance with the law.  It’s a pretty simple concept. 
DUI laws may have decreased the number of accidents and fatalities related to DUI, but it certainly has not stopped people from choosing to step outside the law.  So, do you wish to eliminate cars? 

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

How many people know that 7 of the top 10 states in gun deaths are red.  Because they have the most freaking guns.  But let them scream Chicago, Chicago.  Meanwhile Arkansas and Alabubba is off da hook.

Murder rates in Trump states have been increasing at much higher rates than Biden states. Back in 2000, murder rates in Trump states were 16% higher and fell to a 9% gap in 2003 and 2004. By 2007, the Red State murder gap reached 20% and would exceed 20% in every year but one thereafter. In 2014, the Red State murder gap exceeded 30% for the first time (32% in 2014) and would remain above that threshold throughout. The Red State murder gap crossed the threshold of 40% in 2019, when murder rates in Trump states were 44% higher than Biden states, before receding slightly to 43% in 2020.

Over the period studied, murder rates jumped 39.4% in Trump-voting states (6.35 murders/100,000 population in 2000 to 8.84/100,000 in 2020). Murder rates increased just 13.4% in Biden-voting states (5.47 murders/100,000 population in 2000 to 6.20/100,000 in 2020).

Ironically, as the media frenzy over “soft on crime” Democrats reached its peak, the Red State murder gap widened to its deepest gulch, contrary to the popular narrative

Possible that many of these states have high African-American populations and are thus affected by the 5x higher black-on-black murder rate?

Also possible that within these states the rates are driven much higher by Dem-run population centers also?

By why think critically when a jazz hands analysis from a liberal source is available, right?

18 minutes ago, concha said:

Drunk drivers are irresponsible idiots.

If you can't differentiate between them and the mass homicidally-inclined, you probably need to take a break.

A more apt drunk driver reference would be "It's like taking away cars from sober drivers so drunk drivers don't kill them".

So are those that mass murder with guns.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I’m experienced with Czechia 0.00 and Poland 0.02 especially.  

.02 basically means don’t drink… to my wife’s fam at least.  We always decided on a designated driver.  Strangely, it was never me.  🤔  :)  

C7EA08F4-3A83-4CFA-A542-38B9F1C9EE99.jpeg

A182C0BD-2E69-4F3A-91D7-91AD937D845D.jpeg

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I think mass murder is a little beyond "irresponsible", don't you?

They are unable to choose between right n wrong whether intentional or through carelessness.  

That’s why the gov has a duty to intervene (as the assumed more responsible agent) and address the issue.(like they do with drunk drivers) 

do you think the gov should intervene or do you think mass shootings will work themselves out over time? 

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

02 basically means don’t drink… to my wife’s fam at least.  We always decided on a designated driver.  Strangely, it was never me.  🤔  :)  

You could throw out everything else in your post and this is the most meaningful statement.  If you plan to drink, do not, under any circumstances plan to drive. It’s a pretty effective plan.  It all comes down to personal accountability.  You could argue that lack of personal accountability is woven far too deeply into the fabric of our society and is at the root of most major issues.

Just now, Horsefly said:

They are unable to choose between right n wrong whether intentional or through carelessness.  

That’s why the gov has a duty to intervene (as the responsible agent) and address the issue.(like they do with drunk drivers) 

do you think the gov should intervene or do you think mass shootings will work themselves out over time? 

I believe there are already laws about the mentally ill buying guns, are there not?

It appears enforcement is lacking.

In the meantime, secure our schools with good guys with guns.  Do away with dumbass "gun free zones" that invite slaughter.

• Thanks 1