Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The cider is... well... it's ok. I didn't spit it out, but didn't just turn up the glass and knock it back either. Gonna nurse this along I think. More than a little sour, and definitely can taste the blood orange in there. 

The nights young my friend. Never to late to hit the Shell or Chevron station for a 12er of PBR or Natty Ice. And don’t forget to pick up the lucky lady one of those single roses in the plastic roll at the counter (pro tip, you’ll thank me later ;))

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

The nights young my friend. Never to late to hit the Shell or Chevron station for a 12er of PBR or Natty Ice. And don’t forget to pick up the lucky lady one of those single roses in the plastic roll at the counter (pro tip, you’ll thank me later ;))

Well, I do still have a hodge podge mix of stuff in my fridge, so I can probably forgo the Shell station and drink a single Corona Light, A Paw Paw's Peach, 2 Innis and Gunn's, an Enlightened Buddah and I think there may still be one Sweet Water Blueberry in the back somewhere. 

I can drink all of those and paint a rose on the end of my Image result for peanut butter jelly time

Then give that to her...

Yeah! WINNING! 

xD

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Damn your smooth 

have you read my book?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The cider is... well... it's ok. I didn't spit it out, but didn't just turn up the glass and knock it back either. Gonna nurse this along I think. More than a little sour, and definitely can taste the blood orange in there. 

Blueberry Ale is gods liqour.... 

Bit do you know what I'm drinking tonight? 

A nice big glass of Reality... 

• Haha 1

@Cossacks,

Never seen that Hef or brewer, but gonna look for it.  Been meaning to the tell you, @HawgGoneIt ,  @Coletrain06 and of course @golfaddict1 and others that a couple weeks ago we were driving home, it was kinda late, and the DJ comes on the radio and starts talking about a special blend that Sam Adams is putting out.  It was like a message from God.   Apparently it's 28% ABV and illegal in 15 states (but still qualified to run for Senator in all of em -- sorry -- ;)).  At a mere $200 a bottle, who is going to be the first among us to take the plunge?

image.png.b77872f5f3519f6e4379e02efd6dba86.png

https://www.boston.com/culture/food/2017/11/11/sam-adams-utopias

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Cossacks,

Never seen that Hef or brewer, but gonna look for it.  Been meaning to the tell you, @HawgGoneIt ,  @Coletrain06 and of course @golfaddict1 and others that a couple weeks ago we were driving home, it was kinda late, and the DJ comes on the radio and starts talking about a special blend that Sam Adams is putting out.  It was like a message from God.   Apparently it's 28% ABV and illegal in 15 states (but still qualified to run for Senator -- sorry -- ;)).  At a mere $200 a bottle, who is going to be the first among us to take the plunge?

They were drinking that on the Today Show this morning. 

BEFORE LUNCH! 

Those damn boozers! I couldn't believe it. 

xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't know if I'm a cider guy or not. xD

I like Redd's blueberry ale on occasion, not sure if that's in the same lane or not though. 

Guess I'll be taking one for the team myself then. Haha. It looks kinda filthy. Like a lot of pulp in there. Idk. :|

Yea unfiltered's are usually really hazy....never seen that one. Not a big cider guy either......lemme kno how it is

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Cossacks,

Never seen that Hef or brewer, but gonna look for it.  Been meaning to the tell you, @HawgGoneIt ,  @Coletrain06 and of course @golfaddict1 and others that a couple weeks ago we were driving home, it was kinda late, and the DJ comes on the radio and starts talking about a special blend that Sam Adams is putting out.  It was like a message from God.   Apparently it's 28% ABV and illegal in 15 states (but still qualified to run for Senator in all of em -- sorry -- ;)).  At a mere $200 a bottle, who is going to be the first among us to take the plunge?

Tried the Utopias......

Just a tiny little bit tho. My buddy's cousin had a bottle at their Labor Day family function couple years ago. It was fantastic, but was so strong. Got a tiny shot of it.....I asked if I could keep the bottle.......he said no haha

I thought it was well worthy of the praise, but probably never ever in my life would I pay the outrageous price for it

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Tonight's selection.  Blood Orange IPA.  21st Amendment Brewing Company out of San Francisco near the ball park.  The label has the Mt Rushmore Presidents, but I am hoping it's just a coincidence the can itself is all orange...

The orange taste smooths out the bitter IPA finish.   Brew free or die!

Image result for blood orange ipa

Like the 21st Ammendment, good brewery!

On 11/11/2017 at 7:51 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Cossacks,

Baby steps lol.  Just picked this up last week.  

31D78113-080D-41CE-A2B9-F45BD4E1D978.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Can't go wrong with a Sam 

For whatever reason I have never been a fan of Sam, not sure why? I’ll have try the Winter Lager though.

Same goes for Sierra Nevada. I know a lot of people love it, but I’ve never been a fan. Although  in my younger days on weekend trips to Chico to party with my buddies my broke ass was on that stuff like a hobo on a hot dog.