Notre Dame (NJ) 28- St Frances Academy 21

Las Vegas_JC

Last year in November SFA was ranked as the #2 school in the nation by some polls. They lost their season ending game to IMG and have been in a tail spin since then.

This year their record stands at 2-6 after losing to Notre Dame HS from Lawrenceville NJ. A school that hardly anyone knows about. I’m curious what the NJ posters know about this school. 24/7 sports only lists 2 kids from ND with college offers. Compared to 14 kids from SFA in the 2024/2025 classes. 

I have never seen a school drop from national prominence so quickly. SFA did have a nice 6 year run including big wins in the Geico bowls. But it looks grim for the Panthers now. 

BTW Calpreps does not list this loss on their website but it did happen. 

IMG_2684.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Last year in November SFA was ranked as the #2 school in the nation by some polls. They lost their season ending game to IMG and have been in a tail spin since then.

This year their record stands at 2-6 after losing to Notre Dame HS from Lawrenceville NJ. A school that hardly anyone knows about. I’m curious what the NJ posters know about this school. 24/7 sports only lists 2 kids from ND with college offers. Compared to 14 kids from SFA in the 2024/2025 classes. 

I have never seen a school drop from national prominence so quickly. SFA did have a nice 6 year run including big wins in the Geico bowls. But it looks grim for the Panthers now. 

IMG_2684.png

This is probably their varsity team, the national team played last Thursday v Specially Fit Academy  out of Fla 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

IMG_2684.png

Doesn’t make sense why they would play sfa, ND is 10-0 but they also has an all public school schedule, I highly doubt they would schedule SFAs top team when they won’t even schedule a bad NJ private team on their schedule, when I say it’s schedule is all public I mean it, prolly the worst schedule for a private school in the nation 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

SFA has multiple teams. This was not their ‘national’ team.

I am aware that IMG has a national team, a white team and a blue team. And the St. Louis School from Hawaii has two teams as well. I obviously did not know that SFA had multiple teams. Regardless of that the SFA national team is having a bad season. Do any posters from the DMV area know what has happened to them this year? 

10 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

IMG_2684.png

That was SFAs B team. The national team won 48-0 this weekend vs a team from FL. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I am aware that IMG has a national team, a white team and a blue team. And the St. Louis School from Hawaii has two teams as well. I obviously did not know that SFA had multiple teams. Regardless of that the SFA national team is having a bad season. Do any posters from the DMV area know what has happened to them this year? 

To date SFA has played the toughest schedule in the history of HSFB. 4 of its 5 losses are to #1 SJB, #2 MD, #6 Chaminade Madonna and #32 Buford. That's what happened. 

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Yeah the guy with the cut off sleeves left 

program in shambles since 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

IMG_2684.png

What’s with the scoreboard clock. :13. 🤔

2 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Yeah the guy with the cut off sleeves left 

program in shambles since 

The money is drying up and the best players are leaving…. 

When you don’t play for any kind of Championship other than a Fake Natty that you can’t even win, what is the point of going there?….

At IMG you get world class training and facilities, at SFA you are just part of a traveling circus…..