South GA Posters its time.

TheMaximumHornetSting

Something we don't do to often is discuss the history of Region 1. Or talk about the games of years past. Lets educate these Trinity nuts and show them where it all started at. Where real football is played. 

@Sammyswordsman @GardenStateBaller @Eddyr2  @Fred @On2whls

Last year we suffered a great loss with Valdosta being dropped because of enrollment.... (Thanks Lowndes...) I know we always harp on Valdosta but damn was them being dropped a bad thing.... it made it harder for us to fill our schedules... 7 open weeks is no easy task.... 

Anyway... 

Things may only get harder... 

The GHSA is always trying to Find a way to hurt Anything thats not Gwinnett. 

The region could shrink again after the next realignment 

After checking enrollment numbers. Tift County has seen a decrease.... they're slightly above Valdosta.... and Camden may or may not be in the same boat Gonna double check on them... 

But its time for us to reflect on the history of Region 1.... 

One of the first organized Regions in the state. Started in 1913 with the Formation of 

Valdosta 

Moultrie HS(Colquitt HS predecessor)

Tift HS 

Thomasville HS(Now 2A) 

THE STOLEN STATE TITLE(LITERALY)

Region 1 was born and as time went on These schools gained the reputation of being the best in state. Eventually the North GA schools grew tired of being overshadowed.... So Athens(Then #1 in North Ga) issued an Official Title Challenge   to South GA #1 Valdosta 

Valdosta won 20-13 But Athens was a sore loser.... the GHSA refused to give Valdosta the Official Title Trophy and witheld it fro. 1920 to 1969....  This was referred to as the lost Pinnacle of GA title games.... 

As time went on more teams joined. 

WAYCROSS ERA 

Waycross is a defunct school now. But the Waycross Bulldogs where a force to be reckoned with. They gave Valdosta Hell everytime they played... except that Time Valdosta beat them 94-0....  

Waycross Built up a strong program before being shut down...   

ENTER THE LOWNDES 

The year was 1966 Lowndes opened And for years they got smacked around.... well after Getting Embarassed for years Lowndes decided 1980 was the breaking point.... And went berserk.... They where running everyone they played through the grinder...except Valdosta.... 

Ever since then Lowndes has been a beast of a different calibur.... 

No South GA schools will willingly schedule them.... And The Atlanta schools fear them.  

Lowndes is a large program traveling with 5 Semi's over 14 school busses over 200 players and School enrollment of over 3300...

Lowndes has become the Bully of Region 1..... the fan base is intimadating and if  thats not enough you should watch them roll in with those Crimson Semi's  and an armada of school busses... 

THE WAR OF PAST POWERS/WARNER ROBINS ERA. 

Warner Robins is home to 3 very proud HS programs... 

Houston HS 

Warner Robins HS 

Northside WR HS. 

Well let me tell ya.... Those 3 schools for 4 years turned Region 1 on its head....Warner Robins the Oldest of the WR Trio had always been known for  doing exactly what their Mascot does... DEMONIZING the Competition... Warner Robins HS is a legendary program in GA  with 2 National Titles and 4 State titles.... Warner Robins Has beaten the best in GA even when they where an Underdog they came out on top by 10 or more...  

Well Warner Robins Is not an Official Rival of Valdosta... But every time they played the Stadiums would be overflowed.... Unfortunately The good times wouldn't last forever... Warner Robins was  dropped to 5A. The Warner Robins Demons. Their Mascot often gathers Controversy for well... Being a Demon... their Mascot is literally  The Demons. 

Northside WR- The 2nd oldest of the 3- Northside is probably more fearsome than Warner Robins If Northside WR is one of those teams that if you have them on your schedule you could just put an L by em... You weren't gonna win... against Conrad Nix and Mighty Eagles. Theres never been a more disciplined squad than a Conrad Nix Lead Northside team...  Northside of course did often come into battles with Camden(2-2 vs Camden) and Lowndes(9-11 vs Lowndes).  And Valdosta... Northside is probably the only team that Colquitt Has ever struggle against under Propst... Northside is now a 6A school. 

THE MODERN / CAMDEN COUNTY ERA 

In 2012 the GHSA began the onslaught of all things non-Gwinnett....  

They started by splitting the Savannah schools up which for better or worse was not an awful Idea... Camden was slaughtering them one by one.... I mean it was ridiculous... 91-7,91-0 etc... these are not healthy scores. 

So the GHSA decided to Throw Camden in Region 1 along with the Doorstopper Brunswick.... (Which is exactly what they where treated like.) 

Camden proved to be a nice addition to Region 1 Competitionwise... Geographically its a major Burden... Camden is the very edge county of the state of GA.... the nearest Region opponent is Lowndes and thats still almost 3 hours.  

Tift and Colquitt are almost 4 hours away.... 

This has often caused some conflict amongst the Region organizers....  and believe me you might not think thats long... But nobody likes driving Back and Forward From Practically Jacksonville to Moultrie... 

Camden is only 7A in Football... they are Isolated to 6A in everything else...(Nobody wants to drive 4 hours on a tuesday for baseball)....  Camden has found suitable competition in Region 1 and this could be their permenant home... Or is it? We'll know next realignment... 

COLQUITT  COUNTIES DOMINANCE

Well as many of you know Colquitt has established a form of dominance over the region.... even Lowndes has fallen to the Colquitt County Porkchops...   Under Propst Colquitt has become the real Bully...  Tearing everyone apart. Well thats put a target on their back. @HawgGoneIt   @CCBlackhatter And let me tell you here BROTHER That reign of tyranny ends Friday night  When The Tift Blue Devils enter Mack Tharpe their gonna be bringing home the BACON!.  

Unmentioned Past Members of Region 1: 

Ware County

Lee County(Twice)

Bainbridge 

Albany (Defunct)

Westover

Doughtery 

Albany Monroe

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Something we don't do to often is discuss the history of Region 1. Or talk about the games of years past. Lets educate these Trinity nuts and show them where it all started at. Where real football is played. 

Last year we suffered a great loss with Valdosta being dropped because of enrollment.... (Thanks Lowndes...) I know we always harp on Valdosta but damn was them being dropped a bad thing.... it made it harder for us to fill our schedules... 7 open weeks is no easy task.... 

Anyway... 

After checking enrollment numbers. Tift County has seen a decrease.... they're slightly above Valdosta.... and Camden may or may not be in the same boat Gonna double check on them... 

One of the first organized Regions in the state. Started in 1913 with the Formation of 

Valdosta 

Tift HS 

Thomasville HS(Now 2A) 

Region 1 was born and as time went on These schools gained the reputation of being the best in state. Eventually the North GA schools grew tired of being overshadowed.... So Athens(Then #1 in North Ga) issued an Official Title Challenge   to South GA #1 Valdosta 

Valdosta won 20-13 But Athens was a sore loser.... the GHSA refused to give Valdosta the Official Title Trophy and witheld it fro. 1920 to 1969....  This was referred to as the lost Pinnacle of GA title games.... 

WAYCROSS ERA 

Waycross is a defunct school now. But the Waycross Bulldogs where a force to be reckoned with. They gave Valdosta Hell everytime they played... except that Time Valdosta beat them 94-0....  

ENTER THE LOWNDES 

The year was 1966 Lowndes opened And for years they got smacked around.... well after Getting Embarassed for years Lowndes decided 1980 was the breaking point.... And went berserk.... They where running everyone they played through the grinder...except Valdosta.... 

No South GA schools will willingly schedule them.... And The Atlanta schools fear them.  

Lowndes is a large program traveling with 5 Semi's over 14 school busses over 200 players and School enrollment of over 3300...

Lowndes has become the Bully of Region 1..... the fan base is intimadating and if  thats not enough you should watch them roll in with those Crimson Semi's  and an armada of school busses... 

Houston HS 

Warner Robins HS 

Northside WR HS. 

Well let me tell ya.... Those 3 schools for 4 years turned Region 1 on its head....Warner Robins the Oldest of the WR Trio had always been known for  doing exactly what their Mascot does... DEMONIZING the Competition... Warner Robins HS is a legendary program in GA  with 2 National Titles and 4 State titles.... Warner Robins Has beaten the best in GA even when they where an Underdog they came out on top by 10 or more...  

Well Warner Robins Is not an Official Rival of Valdosta... But every time they played the Stadiums would be overflowed.... Unfortunately The good times wouldn't last forever... Warner Robins was  dropped to 5A. The Warner Robins Demons. Their Mascot often gathers Controversy for well... Being a Demon... their Mascot is literally  The Demons. 

Northside WR- The 2nd oldest of the 3- Northside is probably more fearsome than Warner Robins If Northside WR is one of those teams that if you have them on your schedule you could just put an L by em... You weren't gonna win... against Conrad Nix and Mighty Eagles. Theres never been a more disciplined squad than a Conrad Nix Lead Northside team...  Northside of course did often come into battles with Camden(2-2 vs Camden) and Lowndes(9-11 vs Lowndes).  And Valdosta... Northside is probably the only team that Colquitt Has ever struggle against under Propst... Northside is now a 6A school. 

They started by splitting the Savannah schools up which for better or worse was not an awful Idea... Camden was slaughtering them one by one.... I mean it was ridiculous... 91-7,91-0 etc... these are not healthy scores. 

So the GHSA decided to Throw Camden in Region 1 along with the Doorstopper Brunswick.... (Which is exactly what they where treated like.) 

Camden proved to be a nice addition to Region 1 Competitionwise... Geographically its a major Burden... Camden is the very edge county of the state of GA.... the nearest Region opponent is Lowndes and thats still almost 3 hours.  

This has often caused some conflict amongst the Region organizers....  and believe me you might not think thats long... But nobody likes driving Back and Forward From Practically Jacksonville to Moultrie... 

Camden is only 7A in Football... they are Isolated to 6A in everything else...(Nobody wants to drive 4 hours on a tuesday for baseball)....  Camden has found suitable competition in Region 1 and this could be their permenant home... Or is it? We'll know next realignment... 

Well as many of you know Colquitt has established a form of dominance over the region.... even Lowndes has fallen to the Colquitt County Porkchops...   Under Propst Colquitt has become the real Bully...  Tearing everyone apart. Well thats put a target on their back. @HawgGoneIt   @CCBlackhatter And let me tell you here BROTHER That reign of tyranny ends Friday night  When The Tift Blue Devils enter Mack Tharpe their gonna be bringing home the BACON!.  

Ware County

Lee County(Twice)

Bainbridge 

Albany (Defunct)

Westover

Doughtery 

Albany Monroe

Shout out to my alma mater Warner Robins! 

For quite some time, several people (including myself) have been talking about consolidating all 3 schools (Hoco, Warner Robins, and Northside). If that were to happen, you talking about a dynasty in the making. All 3 of these schools combined into 1 would run Georgia.....in my opinion. 

I left out 1 team:

Coffee    

THE COFFEE TROJANS

An arrogant program But damn if they can't back up that arrogance....  One of the Semi-Original despite only being 1 hour Northeast of Tift they where originally grouped in with the Coastal GA teams:

Camden 

Brunswick 

Glynn Academy. 

Coffee was the first team to break away from the coastal grouping.  They joined Region 1 in the late 60's when Lowndes first opened.

59 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

For quite some time, several people (including myself) have been talking about consolidating all 3 schools (Hoco, Warner Robins, and Northside). If that were to happen, you talking about a dynasty in the making. All 3 of these schools combined into 1 would run Georgia.....in my opinion. 

Warner Robins is a damn fine program. And Houston County is currently the 2nd fastest growing County in GA and  8th in the nation. I expect that to fully effect them. 

I say Consolidate Houston and Northside. 

Keep WR seperate... 

A REAL NATIONAL TITLE GAME 

@Omaha Vol   In the 50's Montgomery Bell Academy(Nashville,TN) (#1 in the nation) issued a challenge to the Valdosta Wildcats(#2 in the nation). Valdosta had went undefeated and Was on the road to getting their then 2nd National title but MBA stood in the way.... 

The MBA HC wanted to earn his Title so He challenged Valdosta to a post season Bowl Title challenge. 

Valdosta traveled to Columbus,GA to play MBA.... And they shut them out 34-0 in a neutral site bowl game.

Valdosta won their 2nd National Title.

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Warner Robins is a damn fine program. And Houston County is currently the 2nd fastest growing County in GA and  8th in the nation. I expect that to fully effect them. 

I say Consolidate Houston and Northside. 

Keep WR seperate... 

Why consolidate HOCO and Northside? 

I think it would be better to put all 3 schools together....with WRHS being the location. Coach Kinsler would have to be the head coach tho.

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Why consolidate HOCO and Northside? 

I think it would be better to put all 3 schools together....with WRHS being the location. Coach Kinsler would have to be the head coach tho.

Well Populationwise Consolidation in general would be difficult... you have 2000+ students at each one... 

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Anyway... 

Valdosta 

Tift HS 

Thomasville HS(Now 2A) 

WAYCROSS ERA 

ENTER THE LOWNDES 

Houston HS 

Warner Robins HS 

Northside WR HS. 

Ware County

Lee County(Twice)

Bainbridge 

Albany (Defunct)

Westover

Doughtery 

Albany Monroe

I GOTS ONE! I remember it like it was only a hunnered years ago! The Packers rolled into the DEVIL'S DEN in Tifton, ranked #1 in the state after having shut out #1 Lanier 21-0! Tift Co. was playing it's inaugural game in their new 10,000 seat stadium! LOOOOONG story short! The Packers were up 14-12 with a few minutes remaining! Tift with the ball, handed off to Hugh Gordon, who ran into the middle of the line for no gain! There was what everyone in the stands thought was a whistle! The Packer D relaxed, as Gordon sprung off and ran SEVENTY FIVE YARDS for the score! And the history of the DEVIL'S DEN had begun!

FAST FORWARD to 1983! Tift had just struggled in the playoffs, to win against Benedictine 7-6, and then made the LOOOOOONG trip to Lumpkin Road Stadium in Augusta, where they pulled out a 24-12 win over undefeated Westside! NEXT UP the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game at Callaway Stadium in Lagrange! The Grangers had just knocked off USA #1 Clarke Central, 28-20! And on the marquee at the local Dairy Queen read THESE words! Now that we've beaten the BEST, bring on the REST! The marquee photo made it's way to the HOTLANNA Urinal-Constipation sports section! And was subsequently posted on the Tift Co. locker room wall! 

FINAL: Tift Co. Bluedevils 59 Lagrange 6 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEVILS! But NOT NEXT Friddie nite!

1 minute ago, ORabidOne said:

I GOTS ONE! I remember it like it was only a hunnered years ago! The Packers rolled into the DEVIL'S DEN in Tifton, ranked #1 in the state after having shut out #1 Lanier 21-0! Tift Co. was playing it's inaugural game in their new 10,000 seat stadium! LOOOOONG story short! The Packers were up 14-12 with a few minutes remaining! Tift with the ball, handed off to Hugh Gordon, who ran into the middle of the line for no gain! There was what everyone in the stands thought was a whistle! The Packer D relaxed, as Gordon sprung off and ran SEVENTY FIVE YARDS for the score! And the history of the DEVIL'S DEN had begun!

Well I hope we can get a miracle this Friday... Colquitt's overdue for an L from Tift.  

15 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Anyway... 

Valdosta 

Tift HS 

Thomasville HS(Now 2A) 

WAYCROSS ERA 

ENTER THE LOWNDES 

Houston HS 

Warner Robins HS 

Northside WR HS. 

Ware County

Lee County(Twice)

Bainbridge 

Albany (Defunct)

Westover

Doughtery 

Albany Monroe

A rather nice synopsis of Region ONE there Stinger BUT! A FEW points of contention, IF I may? Tift has NOT always been in Region ONE! I believe that they came in, in the mid 1960's from AA, when Region ONE was AAA, the highest classification at that time! When I was in high school in the Spring of 1860, THIS group comprised the members of ole 1AAA!(Valdosta, Moultrie, Albany, Warner Robins, Macon Lanier, Macon Willingham, Columbus, Baker, Jordan, and Lagrange) NOW, if you think that Moultrie to Wanker Holler is a LOOOONG way? Try Valdosta to Lagrange on two lane black tops, on a Friddie nite!

LASTLY, the Packer's record against the MIGHTY Warner Robins Satans, and Northside Shitbirds, are 10-4 and 2-2 respectively! And that LAST game against Northside was STOLEN during Threedownergate!!

5 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

A rather nice synopsis of Region ONE there Stinger BUT! A FEW points of contention, IF I may? Tift has NOT always been in Region ONE! I believe that they came in, in the mid 1960's from AA, when Region ONE was AAA, the highest classification at that time! When I was in high school in the Spring of 1860, THIS group comprised the members of ole 1AAA!(Valdosta, Moultrie, Albany, Warner Robins, Macon Lanier, Macon Willingham, Columbus, Baker, Jordan, and Lagrange) NOW, if you think that Moultrie to Wanker Holler is a LOOOONG way? Try Valdosta to Lagrange on two lane black tops, on a Friddie nite!

LASTLY, the Packer's record against the MIGHTY Warner Robins Satans, and Northside Shitbirds, are 10-4 and 2-2 respectively! And that LAST game against Northside was STOLEN during Threedownergate!!

I just looked it shows Tifton HS in it starting in 1914. All the way through 1949 then They got moved to another Region and came back to Region 1 the same year Lowndes opened... 

So I did miss a few things. 

7 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

xDxDxD THAT'S what your PAPPY said! When I was in high school, Houston county had THREE schools! Crappy lil Perry, Warner Robins, and Northside for two years until the region split! And the big game in Houston county was the NS-WR game, to see who would NOT be 0-10!xD

As an aside, my first Cuz probly taught you if you were into foreign language! She was the head of the department, and a former MISS MERCER UNIVERSITY, who was married to a former starter for the North Avenue Trade School's football team!