St John Bosco, CA vs Eastwood, TX

RedZone

On 2/12/2024 at 5:22 PM, THEOC89 said:

Yikes!!!…. 🤣

I wish bosco wouldve waited some more time to try and get a better game, but I also agree that you have to take what you can get. There have been a few years MD wasn’t able to fill the schedule until much later than this. I want bosco to play and beat the best possible competition, they want MD to do the same. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:31 PM, badrouter said:

Without looking, I'd bet that Eastwood (the school, not Clint) has a young egomaniac head coach who's looking to make a name for himself.

1)That, (see the Creekside and Brookwood Georgia head coaches who just wanted a late summer vacation to the West Coast.

2) Bosco would rather not be stuck with a nine game schedule, and so accommodated Eastwood. The best outcome for Negro is to use this game as a low down scrimmage, and to allow for some good kids to earn their letter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I feel like The Bishop, IMG Academy, and STA would gladly play them every year. 

Zero reason to believe this. Not saying it is completely false, there just isn’t anything to back this claim up. They are not allowed to play IMG unless they want to go independent and not compete in the California playoff system. They’ve played Aquinas twice in 8 years and both have been on the road. Aquinas doesn’t even play the best teams in their area. Gormans OOS scheduling since 2019 has been soft for the most part. Playing 1 real team that could challenge them a year. Since 2017 they’ve lost most of the games they’ve played against teams with equal talent. I doubt they’re begging Bosco to play but I could be wrong. Nobody is taking the Bosco/Eastwood game serious anyway. Bosco’s schedule this next year is looking like it wont be great. Looks like 3 cupcakes are already penciled in. Last years schedule was their best in my opinion despite the last minute fill in from FCA. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Zero reason to believe this. Not saying it is completely false, there just isn’t anything to back this claim up. They are not allowed to play IMG unless they want to go independent and not compete in the California playoff system. They’ve played Aquinas twice in 8 years and both have been on the road. Aquinas doesn’t even play the best teams in their area. Gormans OOS scheduling since 2019 has been soft for the most part. Playing 1 real team that could challenge them a year. Since 2017 they’ve lost most of the games they’ve played against teams with equal talent. I doubt they’re begging Bosco to play but I could be wrong. Nobody is taking the Bosco/Eastwood game serious anyway. Bosco’s schedule this next year is looking like it wont be great. Looks like 3 cupcakes are already penciled in. Last years schedule was their best in my opinion despite the last minute fill in from FCA. 

The whole CA teams can’t play IMG is BS and the irony it was SJB that spearheaded that effort….

The funny thing is Cali teams play IMG in Baseball and Basketball…. 🤣

This is why I will never respect Coach Negro, he is a Big Baby and a total hypocrite….. But the good news for him is my opinion of him is irrelevant….. 🤣🍻

https://thebravenews.press/2019/09/27/sports-impact-of-cif-rule-change-differs-among-bosco-sports/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We been begging Bosco for years that's how you get back to the top you go through years where you get your teeth punched in that's part of life but even this year we 

Wanted 

Kahuku 

STA

MATER DEI 

BOSCO 

but Instead we got 

KAHUKU 

STA

MATER DEI 

ORANGE LUTHERAN

But hey I understand they gain nothing out of beating us yeah yeah yeah but they NEVER BEAT US EVER 0-2

We are chasing mater dei until we knock them off ourselves 0-3  (WE ARE PREPARING FOR SEPTEMBER WAR IN SOCAL AKA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The whole CA teams can’t play IMG is BS and the irony it was SJB that spearheaded that effort….

The funny thing is Cali teams play IMG in Baseball and Basketball…. 🤣

This is why I will never respect Coach Negro, he is a Big Baby and a total hypocrite….. But the good news for him is my opinion of him is irrelevant….. 🤣🍻

https://thebravenews.press/2019/09/27/sports-impact-of-cif-rule-change-differs-among-bosco-sports/

I think it’s very dumb that CIF banned them. St Frances Academy does the same thing and MD/Bosco played them just this past year. It’s all so dumb. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Antt said:

We been begging Bosco for years that's how you get back to the top you go through years where you get your teeth punched in that's part of life but even this year we 

Wanted 

Kahuku 

STA

MATER DEI 

BOSCO 

but Instead we got 

KAHUKU 

STA

MATER DEI 

ORANGE LUTHERAN

But hey I understand they gain nothing out of beating us yeah yeah yeah but they NEVER BEAT US EVER 0-2

We are chasing mater dei until we knock them off ourselves 0-3  (WE ARE PREPARING FOR SEPTEMBER WAR IN SOCAL AKA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

That’s a great schedule! Shocking to see OLu step up instead of Bosco. I’m looking forward to watching the St Thomas Aquinas game. Is it in FL?

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s a great schedule! Shocking to see OLu step up instead of Bosco. I’m looking forward to watching the St Thomas Aquinas game. Is it in FL?

In Florida isn't you guy's or Bosco coming (Florida VS USA)  

It's the only time we can come together and show ppl best football is on the west coast 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

You might not be taking it serious but it’s obvious every time a California team plays a high-profile Texas team, they go on to win state.

De La Salle vs. Euless Trinity, Mater Dei vs. Duncanville, Thing 2 vs. Allen, and Birmingham at least made it to state after playing Steele 😎

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

SJB may feel they don't have anything to gain by playing BG since BG already has common opponnents.    SJB may think they can piggyback off the results of those games, and try to find a high rated opponent from some other state.

47 minutes ago, GeorgeW said:

SJB may feel they don't have anything to gain by playing BG since BG already has common opponnents.    SJB may think they can piggyback off the results of those games, and try to find a high rated opponent from some other state.

That would be great 😌 

6 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

You might not be taking it serious but it’s obvious every time a California team plays a high-profile Texas team, they go on to win state.

De La Salle vs. Euless Trinity, Mater Dei vs. Duncanville, Thing 2 vs. Allen, and Birmingham at least made it to state after playing Steele 😎

If eastwood is high-profile Texas then Texas has major problems. 

• Haha 5