St John Bosco, CA vs Eastwood, TX

RedZone

8 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s OOS games like this that give OOS games a bad name…. 🤣

But when you can’t find games in your own state, what else can you do?…

It's not really that big of a deal in the big picture, but it is a very strange matchup.

I mean you still have 6 months to work on your schedule.

• Like 2

Supposedly the Eastwood coach was asking to play and SJB obliged. 

But just because some bad teams asks to play doesn’t mean you have to. That happens in Florida all the time with these dumbass coaches signing up for 40 point ass whoopings and the punk ass GA coaches agreeing to it 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

They must feel like they have a really good then…. Would that have been a road game or home game for Cen10?…

They had bookend loses.  Gave up 70 vs SLC to start the season and give up 80 vs Frenship in the playoffs.  Hey, they did beat Las Cruces NM 2nd week of the season.  End of the day SJB shouldn’t have agreed to play team like this.  Waste of time for all involved!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Football said:

They had bookend loses.  Gave up 70 vs SLC to start the season and give up 80 vs Frenship in the playoffs.  Hey, they did beat Las Cruces NM 2nd week of the season.  End of the day SJB shouldn’t have agreed to play team like this.  Waste of time for all involved!!

Yikes!!!…. 🤣

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's not really that big of a deal in the big picture, but it is a very strange matchup.

I mean you still have 6 months to work on your schedule.

I know the guy who’s coach scheduled Lake Flacid ain’t talking 

aint no fucking way can’t make this shit up

14 minutes ago, Champa said:

This is surely Bosco's JV team, right? RIGHT!? I mean, they'd still win by 50+ if so 🤷‍♂️

Nope, it’s Thing 2.

“Justified“ over the concept that, “Beggars can’t be choosers” and, “Eastwood was the only team with the b**** to play SJB in 2024 and 2025.“

I’m sure no one here would say something that stupid. Other places 😳

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

I know the guy who’s coach scheduled Lake Flacid ain’t talking 

aint no fucking way can’t make this shit up

It wasn’t just picking Lake Placid. It was the shady punk dealing behind coaches backs. 

John Curtis told STA no thank you we got a game with Delray Atlantic. Curtis literally released their schedule with Atlantic on it. 

Then Lake Placid was able to make it happen but didn’t know JC already had a commitment to Atlantic. So JC told Atlantic to take a hike in favor of Lake Placid. It was one of the all time pussy moves in high school football history 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

It’s kind of a lose, lose situation for The Bosco.

Maybe Bosco can find multiple Tx. games for 2025. That would be neat.

My guess is no one wants to play them…. I was just at a HS Baseball game Saturday where my sons team was playing PITT high who is playing SJB this year in FB….

In talking to a few of the PITT parents whose kids also play FB and they told me that SJB is paying for them to come down and play…. And they confirmed that SJB called PITT for the game which was also stated in the paper up here….

I know traveling from Nor Cal to So Cal is nothing like traveling to TX but this does speak to how difficult it is for SJB to get games in CA….

• Like 1

This is the type of game you set up when everything else fails and at the last minute. Lots of teams around the nation have gone this route. 

You really aren't supposed to schedule this game in January or February if you are St John Bosco, CA.

I don't think anyone can convince me that Eastwood was the best option.

For those of you who say that Texas has just as many bad teams as good ones, this game will further prove your point, although a lot of Texans dont really consider El Paso a Texas city, since it's nearly in Arizona and should be given back to Mexico.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rockinl said:

For those of you who say that Texas has just as many bad teams as good ones, this game will further prove your point, although a lot of Texans dont really consider El Paso a Texas city, since it's nearly in Arizona and should be given back to Mexico.

When’s the last time an El Paso team won the state football title?