Greatest Athlete of All Time...

Rufus69

18 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I think what you are trying to say is “I have no legitimate retort to your facts so I will say something stupid and hope no one will notice”

This was in 2022. 😧😄😧

With his win at the World Championships in Eugene, Duplantis has now won all the biggest titles in the sport. On top of that, his record-breaking 2022 season saw him vault six metres or higher a staggering 22 times. It means that the 23-year-old has more six-metre clearances than any other pole vaulter in history.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, RedZone said:

This was in 2022. 😧😄😧

With his win at the World Championships in Eugene, Duplantis has now won all the biggest titles in the sport. On top of that, his record-breaking 2022 season saw him vault six metres or higher a staggering 22 times. It means that the 23-year-old has more six-metre clearances than any other pole vaulter in history.

And that makes him the most recent dominate pole vaulter. Not the most dominate all time. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Sprints are the easiest of the events in track and field. Nothing really too much to them.

The Pole Vault is considered the hardest and most challenging event. 

Do not deny the evidence, proof and facts.

Sure thing! 

IMG_0545.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

You keep bringing this up but he isn’t even the most dominant pole vaulter all time. Sergey Bubka is.

1. Broke world record 35 times.

2. Held world record for over 20 years.

3. Progressed the world record over a foot in his career.

Duplantis needs another 12-13 years of dominance and add another 10 inches to the WR to come close to Bubka. 

Do not deny the evidence, proof and facts!

But you will.

My man!  

Just had a Millrose Games flashback of Billy Olson.  :) 

It’s in our DNA.  We’re sports fans.  

Here’s one for you.  

Dwight Stones  :)  

Red will have to translate these names.   It’s in a language called track sports fan.   

8 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

One sport legends: 

Track:  

*Usain Bolt, Jesse Owens, Michael Johnson, Carl Lewis and Edwin Moses come to mind right away.  

*world’s fastest human all time vs the best pole vaulter.  😆  #hilarious  #participantlmfao

Lasse Viren 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Lasse Viren 

That’s in @Wooderson wheelhouse.  

Anything beyond 400 is even painful for me to read.  :) 
Used to hide from the coach needing long distance help or relay help, back in the day.  I had my short races and adios.  Early and finished.  100/220 and sadly when found, 440. 😂 #hatedlongdistance

Oof my 440 time was brutal. 

@dan in daytona ready to chime in?  :)  #hurdles

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

My man!  

Just had a Millrose Games flashback of Billy Olson.  :) 

It’s in our DNA.  We’re sports fans.  

Here’s one for you.  

Dwight Stones  :)  

Red will have to translate these names.   It’s in a language called track sports fan.   

In my house Dwight Stones was the man in the 70’s. My two older brothers were high jumpers. One wasn’t very good but the other had some hops. He jumped 6’-8” in high school and at an all comers track meet in college (he wasn’t on the team)he jumped 7-0. How many 6ft Hispanic men do you see 360 dunk with ease.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Long distance  hurdles…why…just why?

No no… Dan competed in hurdles in HS.  Not distance related mention, a flashback memory request to track golden days of yards.  💪 

Dan knows these names well, that we’ve been tossing around.  

… a new contestant!   

Some of us have a feel for how ridiculous these putts were, as it’s the infamous Masters.  

Googling stimpmeter and Masters greens and then watching these distance putts, may have you placing her above a Mondo.  😃 

https://x.com/themasters/status/1778161019136737431?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Are you kidding me?! 

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

In my house Dwight Stones was the man in the 70’s. My two older brothers were high jumpers. One wasn’t very good but the other had some hops. He jumped 6’-8” in high school and at an all comers track meet in college (he wasn’t on the team)he jumped 7-0. How many 6ft Hispanic men do you see 360 dunk with ease.

Very impressive! 

26 minutes ago, RedZone said:

6-0 180 lbs..... a lean mean muscle pole vaulting machine with no fear..

The greatest athlete in the history of athletes. He doesn't even know how great he is yet, but he will.

I read Mondo's speed is about 23 MPH at takeoff..

That's totally absurd and ridiculous carrying a pole

It's the secret of his success though

16 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

You keep bringing this up but he isn’t even the most dominant pole vaulter all time. Sergey Bubka is.

1. Broke world record 35 times.

2. Held world record for over 20 years.

3. Progressed the world record over a foot in his career.

Duplantis needs another 12-13 years of dominance and add another 10 inches to the WR to come close to Bubka. 

Do not deny the evidence, proof and facts!

But you will.

Nope! 

I can't go. Mondo is the elite of the elite and all in the track world know he could be world class in any sprint event including hurdles.

Don't let your hate for cajun blind you.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Nope! 

I can't go. Mondo is the elite of the elite and all in the track world know he could be world class in any sprint event including hurdles.

Yah and he loved his Louisiana roots so much he decided to jump for Sweden. Go figure. 

12 hours ago, Cossacks said:

List is absolutely bogus without the great Reggie Roby. Dude would give a 50 yard punt with 5 second hang time or a coffin corner and be able to give you the damn time from his wristwatch while doing it. 

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0547.jpeg

IMG_0548.webp

I don’t think his left plant foot ever left the ground either, as I recall.  #bombsaway 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Nope! 

Thats a bit of a stretch.  

Let him run in a quality field, like DJ Metcalf did and let’s see what he can do.  

He’s a very fast pole vaulter and that’s what propels him to the top of the vaulters.   

He’s a positive case of a professional athlete setting up every possible advantage for a child to excel.  
I’m not aware of any prior champions, who had a pole vault setup in the backyard, with the tutelage of a champion pole vaulter father.  

Kudos to him.  Archive Mondo and you’ll see me posting about him often.   

He’ doesn’t belong in this discussion any more than Wayne Gretzky, who hasn’t been mentioned yet and participated in a sport with a tad more participants than pole vaulters.  

Bruce Jenner when he won the Olympics.

100 Meter Dash 10.94

Long Jump 23.69

Pole Vault 😭

Mondo Duplantis Outdoor Best in High School

He didn't train for anything except the pole vault. Just amazing!

Long Jump 23-5.5 

Pole Vault 19-5.5

100 Meter Dash 10.57

200 Meter Dash 23.03