O.J. Simpson dead at 76.

rockinl

Despite his terrible shortcomings, one of the all time great RB's. I can remember watching him when he was at USC in the late 60's. I was a little boy. I was mesmerized.

I believe in repentance, eternity and forgiveness. I sure hope he asked for it before he passed.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Despite his terrible shortcomings, one of the all time great RB's. I can remember watching him when he was at USC in the late 60's. I was a little boy. I was mesmerized.

I believe in repentance, eternity and forgiveness. I sure hope he asked for it before he passed.

Only him and God know the truth. Just like all of us, he will have to stand in front of God and await the final judgement. I don’t know the truth of his accusations, but I do know when It’s my time to stand, I won’t be able to use O.J. Simpson’s life as an excuse. 

So I have no comment on any of that. I wasn’t alive when played football but from the videos i have seen, he was one of the best to ever do it 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Only him and God know the truth. Just like all of us, he will have to stand in front of God and await the final judgement. I don’t know the truth of his accusations, but I do know when It’s my time to stand, I won’t be able to use O.J. Simpson’s life as an excuse. 

So I have no comment on any of that. I wasn’t alive when played football but from the videos i have seen, he was one of the best to ever do it 

He was found guilty in a civil trial and his blood was at the scene. Smart Americans know he basically cut her head off. Plus he had years of abuse toward women.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

My strongest memory of OJ on the gridiron, was watching him on TV breaking 2000 yds in one season at Shea Stadium vs the Jets.  

I think they called his OL the electric company, as they turned on the juice.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Double murder and years of abuse of women vs parents getting help from a sports agent. 

If you didn’t know, the NCAA is a sham and USC got hammered by them for the Bush stuff. Tennessee recently going after the NCAA was actually big for USC’s NIL and has shown recently in recruiting. Bush’s parents get cash = death penalty. Tennessee openly giving recruits bags of cash = no problem. NCAA is good for nothing. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Double murder and years of abuse of women vs parents getting help from a sports agent. 

Its the timing of the allegations. OJ was charged with those things during his college years. So why should those years be tarnished or him punished for them? 

21 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Its the timing of the allegations. OJ was charged with those things during his college years. So why should those years be tarnished or him punished for them? 

Wrong is wrong. They went back and took his Heisman.  Bush was never found guilty of any NCAA violations.

27 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If you didn’t know, the NCAA is a sham and USC got hammered by them for the Bush stuff. Tennessee recently going after the NCAA was actually big for USC’s NIL and has shown recently in recruiting. Bush’s parents get cash = death penalty. Tennessee openly giving recruits bags of cash = no problem. NCAA is good for nothing. 

Remember they made Alabama forfeit games over players giving math books to girls. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Buddy just sent me this 

IMG_9466.jpeg

You started this… and Tim Meadows is underrated.  :) 

https://x.com/trungtphan/status/1778446414034669957?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

Funny flick he was a part of…

Hard to think of other former athletes, that were liked and as popular as OJ was, on and off the field. 

Quite a career, from having rickets as a child and having to wear leg braces like Forrest Gump wore, to being a track burner and NFL elusive RB with speed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Wrong is wrong. They went back and took his Heisman.  Bush was never found guilty of any NCAA violations.

No wrong is not wrong in this instance. Its fair to assess a person based on when they are accused of wrong doing. Why should OJ’s football accolades be blemished/removed when his legal issues came decades after he played? If you want to crucify him then do it for the period he’s accused of being guilty. 

• Like 1

He successfully parlayed his athletic abilities into a career after football.  I personally think his success in acting was based more on his fame than his ability.  He believed his press and thought his didn't stink and he could get away with anything.  Clearly not one of my favorite people.