Alabama Senate seat...

DBP66

42 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Seems as if you were wrong about a lot to do with this race.

like what? 

The fact that the African American community got off there azz and voted? Yes I was wrong about that. 

Trump congratulating Jones is not of relevance as Trump changes his mind more than the wind changes direction. 

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

..LOL..you and Bannon both have the same guy as public enemy #1...Mitch McConnell?...

I say let them eat Mitch.  He's earned it.  Very short list of people who have single-handedly done more harm to our democratic institutions than Mitch. His next act is probably going to be to try to jam through one of the most unpopular bills in history with a lame duck as the potentially decisive vote...you know cuz he's all about listening when the people have spoken...when it suits him..

2 hours ago, DBP66 said:

... good old Roy...I'm pissed they didn't show him riding off into the sunset on the horse he rode in on...;)

Roy rode a horse (badly) to go vote, because it was the only way he could get to a polling place located more than 500 yards from the nearest school...

Enjoy the moment...then we get back to work, cuz there's a lot of it to do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

I say let them eat Mitch.  He's earned it.  Very short list of people who have single-handedly done more harm to our democratic institutions than Mitch. His next act is probably going to be to try to jam through one of the most unpopular bills in history with a lame duck as the potentially decisive vote...you know cuz he's all about listening when the people have spoken...when it suits him..

Roy rode a horse (badly) to go vote, because it was the only way he could get to a polling place located more than 500 yards from the nearest school...

Enjoy the moment...then we get back to work, cuz there's a lot of it to do.

Dingy Harry and Queen (currently losing her tiny mind) Nancy come to mind as heading that list.

Mitch will be amongst legends of lies and deceit.

So the guy who thinks the last time America was great was during slavery actually arrived on transportation that was the go to mode during that period.  WTF Alubbubba :D.  This idiot lost in the Reddest, Gooberfied State to a guy that Prosecuted the KKK for killing 4 little sista's in Church.  That usually gets you elected and a hug from the Govna.  Damn Bama gave us the Tuskegee Syphilis experiments, Church Bombings, Rosa Parks, Bloody Sunday, Bull Connor and George Wallace. 

Bout damn time is all I am saying and how apropos that it was African American women that got out in record numbers to defeat this living in the Past idiot.

I guess the old Proverbial F##k you and the Horse you rode in on is not just Cliché:   Thanks Bama

He knows the one thing little girls like are Ponies.  Now tell Cooter to take Little Joe Carthwright's Pinto back to the Ponderosa and Stay there with Hoss and Adam.  The people have spoken.   

5a3042ce1600004800cf0d98.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

So the guy who thinks the last time America was great was during slavery actually arrived on transportation that was the go to mode during that period.  WTF Alubbubba :D.  This idiot lost in the Reddest, Gooberfied State to a guy that Prosecuted the KKK for killing 4 little sista's in Church.  That usually gets you elected and a hug from the Govna.  Damn Bama gave us the Tuskegee Syphilis experiments, Church Bombings, Rosa Parks, Bloody Sunday, Bull Connor and George Wallace. 

Bout damn time is all I am saying and how apropos that it was African American women that got out in record numbers to defeat this living in the Past idiot.

I guess the old Proverbial F##k you and the Horse you rode in on is not just Cliché:   Thanks Bama

He knows the one thing little girls like are Ponies.  Now tell Cooter to take Little Joe Carthwright's Pinto back to the Ponderosa and Stay there with Hoss and Adam.  The people have spoken.   

5a3042ce1600004800cf0d98.jpeg?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

2 years and hope the people of Alabama wise up and get Jones the hell outta there

17 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

FYI, the Tuskegee experiments were federal, started under a Democrat and ended under a Republican.

The KKK is a Democratic institution.

Bull and George were Dems also.

That said, poor candidate.  Either of the other main Pub candidates would have won easily.

46 minutes ago, concha said:

FYI, the Tuskegee experiments were federal, started under a Democrat and ended under a Republican.

That said, poor candidate.  Either of the other main Pub candidates would have won easily.

You seem to be hooked on Democrats and stuck on Republicans. I don't give a damn about either party.  Tell me what happened to all those 1940-60's racist Democrats and where do they now reside.  Per your assumptions they magically left and drifted North.  No they all switched to Republicans in the 70's and all the people that vote Republican now are the sons and daughters of those racist democrats.  Since you are so versed on this.  Tell me how many Republican legislators voted for the Civil Rights act compared to Northern Democrats and you will see this isn't a party issue it is a Southern One.

If you look closely you will see that Senators from the Confederate States don't support your assumptions that it was all Democrats

The votes came from Northern Republican's and Democrat's

By the way LBJ who signed it was a Democrat:

You don't need to know too much history to understand that the South from the civil war to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 tended to be opposed to minority rights. This factor was separate from party identification or ideology. We can easily control for this variable by breaking up the voting by those states that were part of the confederacy and those that were not.

In this case, it becomes clear that Democrats in the north and the south were more likely to vote for the bill than Republicans in the north and south respectively. This difference in both houses is statistically significant with over 95% confidence. It just so happened southerners made up a larger percentage of the Democratic than Republican caucus, which created the initial impression than Republicans were more in favor of the act.

Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.

As you can see the South opposed it regardless of Party.  The Southern Republicans were as racist as their democratic peers.  The Northerner of both parties are the reason it passed.

You will see that the members of the old Confederate states (THE SOUTH) OPPOSED THE ACT

Civil Rights votes by region
 Civil Rights party region

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, concha said:

The experiment ran from 1932 -1972 I need you to explain to me that there were not one Republican elected president in those 40 years.  I will await the list of 40 years of democrats

I guess Eisenhower and Nixon are closet Democrats :D 16 of those  last 20 years they were in power.     :ph34r:

A Black Man William Carter Jenkins tried to get this stopped it didn't have a damn thing to do with Nixon.  Peter Buxtun a Californian is the reason it ceased.    Sorry to break it to you.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

2 years and hope the people of Alabama wise up and get Jones the hell outta there

At least that is what you are hoping for.  But history has shown in America that when it progresses it usually stays on that trajectory.  This was a major slap in the face to the Republican Party in Alabama.  It is the equivalent of DLS losing to a NorCal Football team.  That is how great the odds were.  Confederate Symbols being removed and old Southern dogma rejected by voters.  #MAGA in deed. :D

• Like 1