Alabama Senate seat...

DBP66

5 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Well shit...now it’s tightening up again. Someone needs to put this away...I’ve got a freaking 6:30 am flight lol

The way it's looking, you've got to take Jones.  

Just between Birmingham and Montgomery, the NYT is guesstimating about +70k net votes for Jones remaining.

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The million dollar question (and I wish I knew the answer): is this a harbinger of things to come, or was this election unique based on the candidates (particularly the taint associated with Mr. Moore)?

trump is pissed.....

History was made in Alabama though.

You have to ride it either way.

Just now, DarterBlue said:

The million dollar question (and I wish I knew the answer): is this a harbinger of things to come, or was this election unique based on the candidates (particularly the taint associated with Mr. Moore)?

The polls were all Moore until the accusers started magically crawling out of the woodwork after several decades, so probably unique.

However, a la Herman Cain and Judge Moore, if several Republican candidates have this happen to them in '18 you will not need to color me shocked.  My prediction is that like with Cain, the accusers will now disappear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You think Jones will be re-elected in Ala if he votes in lockstep with the Dem leadership?  The Republicans will have a better candidate next time.  I think an attempt will be made to make this more than it is - it probably spared the GOP some headaches.

Moore missed on every bench number mark according go 538. November 2018 just became a lot more interesting. President Trump better get the tax reform done before Doug Jones gets to Washington in January. Congrats Alabama you will now feel the illegal immigration effect and for the women you can abort you baby anytime you want

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

You think Jones will be re-elected in Ala if he votes in lockstep with the Dem leadership?  The Republicans will have a better candidate next time.  I think an attempt will be made to make this more than it is - it probably spared the GOP some headaches.

Doug Jones will be up in 2020 right for election?

Just now, Bormio said:

Part of the problem is the establishment leadership of the GOP.  In certain respects they are little better than Democrats.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Moore missed on every bench number mark according go 538. November 2018 just became a lot more interesting. President Trump better get the tax reform done before Doug Jones gets to Washington in January. Congrats Alabama you will now feel the illegal immigration effect and for the women you can abort you baby anytime you want

Moore had not only the Dems, MSM and the accusers against him. He also has the establishment GOP against him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Moore had not only the Dems, MSM and the accusers against him. He also has the establishment GOP against him.

Yep. Like I said November 2018 just became very interesting. I think McConnell is done. Like someone said people have had enough of the establishment and with a better candidate a Republican will win next time. Fox news said you have a bunch of young people moving into Alabama so I'm sure they voted deomcrat