GA 7A Semi Picks

GAFootballGuy

Alright!  It's Semi Final Eve.  We've had a few days to sleep on it.  Who ya got Georgia HS Football experts???

I got North Gwinnett winning 28-14 Home field and North has better offense than the Indians.  Freshman QB finally plays like one.  Stewart will make him very uncomfortable. 

Brookwood beats Colquitt 35-28  Home field, offensive line and skill kids for Brookwood prove to be difference.    

Would not surprise me for the scores to be exact opposite and for other teams to win but gotta pick someone :)  Going to be a fun night of football.  

I almost want to take McEachern in an upset. The only reason I don't is because I like the Sing-A-Long guy. I'm rooting for his team just for him. Go Dawgs!

No surprise on the next one. I like Colquitt by 7-10 pts. I think the computers have it a toss up with Maxwell saying Brookwood by 3 and CP going with Colquitt by 3. Safest to not bet on this game unless you have huge huevos. Like Grapefruit or larger huevos. 

Imo time of possession will be important. May be the most important factor of the game. Colquitt needs to keep the ball for long sustained drives to help limit the minutes that the Brookwood O-line has to work on them imo, but, I wouldn't be surprised if Krajewski gets hot and the playbook gets opened right up wide open either. 

Going to be very difficult to beat Colquitt twice in the same season. That's why I take them for the win. 

Don't look for Colquitt to sleep walk into this game like we did in the first meeting. I see this game going a lot like the Walton game in Rd 2. Brookwood will beat us a few times and put a few TDs on the board, but I think the Pack will pull it out. 27-21

I like Mac in the 2nd game if the freshman QB doesn't lose focus. I've watched NG a few times, and it blows my mind that they have accomplished what they have thus far. It ends tomorrow night though. The Indians will prevail 34-31.

Both these games are toss ups.  It's going to come down to TOs and taking advantage of them.  Brookwood is hard to beat at home and if they don't turn the ball over, they are even tougher.  Colquitt is a good road team so it's very interesting to see who will prevail. I'm still taking Brookwood because they have #2 and #3.  Those two are hard to handle and the QB does a great job running that team.  

MaEachern has caught lightning in a bottle and beat Lowndes on the road.  It was Lowndes State title to win and they blew it. Can't count the indians out since they beat "The Man".  North is hot and they have a very good RB. Defense will line up right and have a good plan vs the Freshman.  

Two great ones!!!

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

North Gwinnetts O is on fire. 55 in the 1st Rd, 35 points vs Grayson, and 51 over Marietta in the Quarterfinals...

McEacherns playing well, but I see North Gwinnett winning 31-21 or sumn...

Idk about Brookwood & Colquitt... I really dont...

If Colquitt plays Brookwood like they did against Archer. Brookwood will be out by 2 TD's

1 hour ago, GAFootballGuy said:

Wow.  OK.  That's an interesting way of describing that game.  "Let" them win. 

Yeah, I wouldn't say we let Brookwood win. Their coaching staff put together a hell of plan for the first couple of drives and it seemed our staff expected the opposite. We will be better prepared this time around. If our offense can limit their penalties and keep us ahead of the chains, then we will score at least 4 TDs while limiting the touches for Brookwoods dangerous weapons, Hill and Black.

I know it, Hawg knows it, Rufus knows it, Rush knows it, and our boys know it too! #domewardbound

• Like 1

Colquitt 34-28 over a really good and physical Brookwood team. Packers strike first, but Brookwood responds and leads at the break. Propst pulls his magic and demands the full 48 out of his kids and the Packers come out on top with a strong fourth quarter.

Keys

Colquitt needs Krajewski to continue being a baller. Run for first downs. Play physical. Inch out each yard. Find Singleton. Find Wilson. Hit the targets. They’ll be open, Krajewski has gotta find them. 

Brookwood needs to win the trenches again. Win the point of attack and let Dante Black run downhill for 48. They’re a strong rushing team and #3 carries the bulk of that. Brookwood ran it down their throat in the first game.  I expect the numbers to come way down as this is a second matchup and Colquitt is a bit more keyed in. That said, Brookwood still has to “do what they do” and they will be successful at times. 

This is is a slobber knocker. The much better game of the 7A semis. I have this game decided by 6 points, two Ryan Fitzgerald field goals. GPB fucked up not airing the Buford - Rome game but even more so by passing over Colquitt and Brookwood. The PC World we live in won’t allow them to air two teams they already showed weeks ago so they went w/ a game N Gwinnett will control all four quarters 

• Like 1

North Gwinnett is better than McEachern at everything. Offense. Defense. Special teams. Just more well rounded and more talented as a whole. I like McEachern and their freshman QB Carlos Del Rio, too.  (He was the metro Atlanta 8th grade player of the year last season - B2C player of the year) young guy is a stud. I actually like the Indians to score some points tomorrow night but just not enough. N Gwinnett should be a little better each quarter. Bulldogs wins at least once this weekend, 38-23  (Game flow not as close as the final score will indicate) Same with the Marietta game last week, it was never in doubt.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

North Gwinnett is better than McEachern at everything. Offense. Defense. Special teams. Just more well rounded and more talented as a whole. I like McEachern and their freshman QB Carlos Del Rio, too.  (He was the metro Atlanta 8th grade player of the year last season - B2C player of the year) young guy is a stud. I actually like the Indians to score some points tomorrow night but just not enough. N Gwinnett should be a little better each quarter. Bulldogs wins at least once this weekend, 38-23  (Game flow not as close as the final score will indicate) Same with the Marietta game last week, it was never in doubt.

I think one could go out on a limb and say that North Gwinnett has their "once in a generation" team on deck. Senior heavy team rallying around a new head coach. Lost in the Corky Kell and never looked back. Their fans are thinking this is their time to finally hoist the trophy and order rings. 

All I know is, Lowndes thought the same thing, and then two loss Colquitt took them to double OT. I think that win became Lowndes emotional high and the hangover from that costed them the next time they faced a good team. One of the biggest jobs of a head coach is the psychological part. Keeping your team "up" or "even keeled" depending on the personality of your team. McEachern is playing all business and will sneak away with a win over North if they slip. 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happens. While North's coach has appeared to have his team fired up since the Corky, it's not hard at all to lose them emotionally in the big games. Hockman is battle tested with his group at this. 

This week is set up to be friggen awesome man! 

Ready! 

• Like 1

"Doc" is ready.

Rush is ready.

And I done started preparing the "beverages" for tonight's game.

We'll be in Lutz Florida getting ready for my niece's wedding...but I'll be streaming the game on Ms. Violet's laptop.  Right before I went off to sleep last night...I got all serious and clasped my hands together and got on my knees and begged....

Help us Obi Wan Kenobi.  You could be our only hope !!!!!

GO YOU HAIRY HAWGS !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

"Doc" is ready.

Rush is ready.

We'll be in Lutz Florida getting ready for my niece's wedding...but I'll be streaming the game on Ms. Violet's laptop.  Right before I went off to sleep last night...I got all serious and clasped my hands together and got on my knees and begged....

Rufus>>

I'll take my tea cold and extra sweet please.

16 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

"Doc" is ready.

Rush is ready.

Rufus>>

I work in Lutz. Nice area. In between Carrollwood and Land O Lakes. I'll tell my boss I'm going to a wedding too!

edit. Didn't realize the post was 16 hours ago. Probably missed the wedding. Send my best regards 

16 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I feel like Colquitt needs to key in on Matt Hill (#2 for Brookwood) if they want to win. This game is a toss-up imo.

North Gwinnett vs McEachern? I love what North Gwinnett is doing; however, I believe in striking the iron while it's hot, so I'm taking McEachern in an upset.

Hill and Black are always gonna get theirs. They can't really be stopped completely. You just have to stop them in the right spots and keep the ball yourself. Limit their chances to touch it.

Exactly like I said. The Packers pulled it off by doing just that. They played keep away from Brookwood and never got away from the run. It makes a world of difference when you don't get caught for 21 points in the first 7 minutes of the game too. 

Still wish Tift would have got em last week though. I think the Tift/Colquitt rematch game would have been better personally.