Texasball got Katy'd

Sammyswordsman

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

With a lot smaller roster also though. 

Folks are always trying to compare apples to oranges in these discussions. I mean, it gets to the point where folks say leave half your roster at home, they aren't playing anyway. 

Can't do that under a taxpayer funded model and get away with it. The funding would dry up for a program in a heartbeat if you tried that mess.

Comparing apples to oranges is par for the course around here. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB may not be "great" but SJB is better than any team in Texas this year.  

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

and i cant see anyone denying this. 

26 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I don't know man.   There are plenty of good teams in Texas.  I just don't think those type of comparisons can be made so easily.  

Most polls have Allen ranked higher than SJB.

But our own Adam K, who holds the Pick Em trophy, says that he'd give SJB the edge over Allen. That's in print. And no one can claim that he's biased or foolish.

But of course it's hard to predict the outcomes of football games. If it wasn't, more of us would be rich from sports betting.

I'm still waiting for Texasball to make good on his claim that MD couldn't -- not just wouldn't, but couldn't -- beat the best teams -- not just team, but teams -- in TX this year, the very same Texasball who also habitually claims that every national poll is bogus because the ranked teams don't always play each other. 

He might be both biased and foolish. 

3 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

But our own Adam K, who holds the Pick Em trophy, says that he'd give SJB the edge over Allen. That's in print. And no one can claim that he's biased or foolish.

But of course it's hard to predict the outcomes of football games. If it wasn't, more of us would be rich from sports betting.

I'm still waiting for Texasball to make good on his claim that MD couldn't -- not just wouldn't, but couldn't -- beat the best teams -- not just team, but teams -- in TX this year, the very same Texasball who also habitually claims that every national poll is bogus because the ranked teams don't always play each other. 

Look dude MD is a good team...You are foolish to believe that particularly Florida and Texas don't have teams that could be beat them.

Look at the history of the top teams in California playing oos.

Florida beat SJB with a team that others beat.  Florida beat BG too and it didn't take the best team in the state to get it done.

Texas beat so called extremely good and #1 California team with a first round loser just two years ago.

I like this MD team just fine, but honestly I believe the best few teams in Florida and Texas could beat them on any given Friday night!

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Look dude MD is a good team...You are foolish to believe that particularly Florida and Texas don't have teams that could be beat them.

Florida beat SJB with a team that others beat.  Florida beat BG too and it didn't take the best team in the state to get it done.

Texas beat so called extremely good and #1 California team with a first round loser just two years ago.

I like this MD team just fine, but honestly I believe the best few teams in Florida and Texas could beat them on any given Friday night!

#Bullsh*t

14 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

The Pick Em PLAYOFF trophy.

The overall point total has 1 more week to go.

10 hours ago, Texasball said:

No. 

Nobody in Florida or Texas is beating Mater Dei THIS season.

Its not a slight to say that either. It doesnt make California better than anybody, it makes a single team in CA very good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

No. 

Nobody in Florida or Texas is beating Mater Dei THIS season.

Its not a slight to say that either. It doesnt make California better than anybody, it makes a single team in CA very good.

Foolish talk.

The California schedule is weak.  

BG is the best team they played...They got the benefit of playing them early with so many first year starters.  It was more impressive for MC to beat them in Las Vegas than it was MD winning at home.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Foolish talk.

BG is the best team they played...They got the benefit of playing them early with so many first year starters.  It was more impressive for MC to beat them in Las Vegas than it was MD winning at home.

I only read your posts so I can watch the flag avatar.  #mesmerizing

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I only read your posts so I can watch the flag avatar.  #mesmerizing

Sammy, not everybody is going to bow down to the "once in a generation" greatness which is MD, folks have different opinions.  Be content that they will more than likely be the unanimous MNC winners.

the bigger question is which west coast team will you bandwagon next season?  We've gone from "Big brother" DLS to "no weakness" BG to now "Once in a generation" MD.  Whose next?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Foolish talk.

BG also had the benefit of MDs best player and WR, Amon-Ra St. Brown...not playing in that game.

It wasnt nearly as impressive for MC, because a wet field & game favored MC. BG couldnt pass as well.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Sammy, not everybody is going to bow down to the "once in a generation" greatness which is MD, folks have different opinions.  Be content that they will more than likely be the unanimous MNC winners.

the bigger question is which west coast team will you bandwagon next season?  We've gone from "Big brother" DLS to "no weakness" BG to now "Once in a generation" MD.  Whose next?

People telling me SJB is the bomb in 2018.  We'll see.

This is all you need to know about Texas HS Football and how serious we take it.  By the way this damn simulation is wrong. Allen will not lose.  I got some info on this game that might be a game changer.  Coming up when I do my Thread on the State championship matchups.  It is funny I enjoyed it.

The Simulation: xD

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is all you need to know about Texas HS Football and how serious we take it.  By the way this damn simulation is wrong. Allen will not lose.  I got some info on this game that might be a game changer.  Coming up when I do my Thread on the State championship matchups.  It is funny I enjoyed it.

I agree it is wrong as Lake Travis wins by more than 11 pts.  Unless your "game changer" is Kyler Murray is suiting up I do not think any thing will make that big of an impact of the game.  But definitely a fun video.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

LMFAO!! 😂😂😂

I do miss NCAA 2015 tho...

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB still holding Week 1 for a Texas Top 5 team.  Would really appreciate a call from Katy or Allen.

SJB stadium.jpg

Come on Sammy, both school's schedules have been complete for well over a month now.  Tell SJB to find IMG's number that they have conveniently misplaced.  Lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

SJB still holding Week 1 for a Texas Top 5 team.  Would really appreciate a call from Katy or Allen.

SJB stadium.jpg

Sammy do you remember the last time you were all Giddy about Calling Us out or facing one of our Big Boys?  :D Is that an artist rendition of a Jr. High Stadium? :)

• Haha 3