Texasball got Katy'd

Sammyswordsman

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Sorry Sammy, that just doesn't sound like a money wise decision.  That's not justifiable IMO

They can do that when the don't have to worry about player development. The publics in Georgia and Texas have to build their players while the Cali schools just call the next district and take one of their already built guys.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Sorry.  That's excuse has been used before.  SJB spends $75k + every year traveling to OOS games 

You still didn't answer the question. Why should they? 

If they spend that kind of money to play a HS football game, then they must have some dumb asses making decisions. 

At least with money spent on a new stadium, it will be paid off. You pay 75k to travel, that's money just wasted. And for what? So you hopefully get to poke your chest out over a HS football game? Silly. 

1 minute ago, Frosty4024 said:

They had him and Douglas (the WR) come in that last possession in the 4th...

Douglas was at Corner...Sanders I believe was at safety...

I was like...Damn they're getting desperate...

That's just poor player development and coaching...and they still lost.  

If manvel plays like they did last week, they'll blow highland park off the football field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That's just poor player development and coaching...and they still lost.  

If manvel plays like they did last week, they'll blow highland park off the football field.

Yeah...I still see poor #19 (I think that was the number) of Ryan trying to keep up with #88 of HP on crossing routes on 3rd down...

It was frustrating...I was literally screaming GET OUT THE DAMN COVER 2!!!!

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2017/12/17/john-stephen-jones-lights-att-stadium-again-highland-park-defeats-denton-ryan-advance-5a-division-state-championship

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeah...I still see poor #19 (I think that was the number) of Ryan trying to keep up with #88 of HP on crossing routes on 3rd down...

It was frustrating...I was literally screaming GET OUT THE DAMN COVER 2!!!!

Manvel has way too many athletes on both sides, don't be surprised to see manvel score every possession

18 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Both Texas and Fla make bank every year on a week 0 OOS win, and then spending the rest of the year interpolating that win amongst all the other instate games.   SAD.

So basically what is it that Cali does?   Plays significantly less OOS games with an even smaller sample size (than FL), THEN they claim they are the best state with their instate "top 10" teams and colossally brutal schedules every year.  All this even when those head to head matchups rarely show in their favor.  Can't make this shit up!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They can do that when the don't have to worry about player development. The publics in Georgia and Texas have to build their players while the Cali schools just call the next district and take one of their already built guys.

Let's not forget that DLS doesn't take transfers. Their center this year weighed 185 pounds. 

But they've made it to FL, NJ, TX, LA, WA, HI, OH -- with mixed results; but they made it. 

Just now, Belly Bob said:

Let's not forget that DLS doesn't take transfers. Their center this year weighed 185 pounds. 

But they've made it to FL, NJ, TX, LA, WA, HI, OH -- with mixed results; but they made it. 

With a lot smaller roster also though. 

Folks are always trying to compare apples to oranges in these discussions. I mean, it gets to the point where folks say leave half your roster at home, they aren't playing anyway. 

Can't do that under a taxpayer funded model and get away with it. The funding would dry up for a program in a heartbeat if you tried that mess.

• Like 1