CFP NC Game: Alabama 26, Georgia 23 - F/OT

ECHS05

14 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

What do you mean ? Spread was -4 for Bama. Bama loses, vegas wins !

I heard there were big money bets on them when the spread was less.  That drove it up.  Didn't open that way. Some of the books were still at -3.5

The point spread grew to as high as Alabama -4.5 early last week at the Westgate SuperBook, after a bettor placed a five-figure bet on the Crimson Tide. The line started coming back down across the market later in the week, as Alabama's injury situation was revealed.

35 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Once Tua came in and knew Uga was in trouble even with the lead. Hurts sucks. 

Helps when the officials refused to call Bama for offensive holding essentially entire game. There were some blatant and obvious ones right in front of the QB where the defenders were turned and the lineman behind them holding on for dear life. But no calls. My wife doesn't even like football and roots for no team but could see it.

And it also helps when Bama gets away with at least 2 blatant facemasks on the ball carrier that would have extended drives for Georgia (making the comeback far less likely).

Let's not forget the blocked punt that was nullified by a blown offsides call. Sure, it was also a false start -- which they also missed -- but they can't review penalties so if they didn't mistakenly call offsides it still would have ended up as a block.

I watched with a group of friends and we all pretty much called it a Bama win once they made the QB switch at half. Who puts in a frosh QB that pretty much hasn't played all season in a National title game? A desperate Nick Saban does.

If Tua Tagovailoa is really all that freaking good, then Saban and staff are idiots for not playing him all season. So I don't even want to hear how much a genius Nick Saban is for his desperate QB switch (from the media). He got lucky and bailed out.

Fact is, Bama got A LOT of help from non-calls tonight. And before someone points out all the calls that went against Bama, they better consider that they got the far better end of the deal. The offsides on the blocked punt and no calls on the facemasks and offensive holding were HUGE. They allowed Bama to hang around in that game.

All that said, Georgia deserves the choker tag because there's no way you can allow that game-winning TD pass in that situation. 2nd and 26 from the 41 (after the huge sack) and you allow a receiver to get behind you? Absolutely brainless defense. Also, they had the game in their hands on the 4th and 3 late in regulation. But they got little to no pressure the 2nd half (some of that due to lack of obvious holding penalties) and couldn't tackle a sole on the rare occasions that they did.

That was an atrocious exhibition of tackling the 2nd half. Poor officiating aside, Georgia deserved to lose that game due to their tackling and defensive scheme on that last play.

Props to Bama for holding the trophy, I guess. They got scoreboard, no denying that. But I certainly didn't come away from that game believing they were a better team than Georgia. But who cares. Their name is on the trophy now and nobody will remember how it happened 5 years from now.

Just now, DevilDog said:

Texas sux yet still have a championship in the last 12 years and played for another in 2010.  Won DII this year and played for DIII 🏆and semis of FCS.  Clearly irony loss on you.  

It would be 13 years now... 

And you technically got it because USC had their season voided for some reason... 

6 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

If Tua Tagovailoa is really all that freaking good, then Saban and staff are idiots for not playing him all season.

There were whispers tua been out playing hurts in practice but jalen hasn’t really played poorly all year. Hurts took them to title game last year on the last drive scored td but Deshaun Watson did too after him so everyone forgets that.