Freedom Bowl HS games 2018

Texasball

I am working at the AFCA Convention in Charlotte NC and have been talking to some people who know a little about this.

6 games in California and 6 games in Georgia

I don't have list of matchups.  Here are few teams involved.

Milton GA is host site for GA.  They are talking about MD and USC for being host site for California.

Some teams they have mentioned not all all are confirmed.

Plant FL, CM FL,  Milton GA, MD CA, Chandler AZ, another Arizona team, BG NV, Bingham UT, Trinity TX.

It sounded like if Trinity committed they would play in GA.

Will try and get more info today.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2018 at 4:24 AM, Texasball said:

I am working at the AFCA Convention in Charlotte NC and have been talking to some people who know a little about this.

6 games in California and 6 games in Georgia

I don't have list of matchups.  Here are few teams involved.

Milton GA is host site for GA.  They are talking about MD and USC for being host site for California.

Some teams they have mentioned not all all are confirmed.

Plant FL, CM FL,  Milton GA, MD CA, Chandler AZ, another Arizona team, BG NV, Bingham UT, Trinity TX.

It sounded like if Trinity committed they would play in GA.

Will try and get more info today.

What day is this? MD is already playing BG week 2 in Vegas not sure they could host if it’s a regular season game...also, MD’s home field is the Santa Ana Bowl which is owned by the city and not MD...

🤔

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

So TexBall, this is the same people who run the Aero 7on7 but they want to expand out to regular season football? 

Is that what your saying? 

The name is AIRO - yes they are known for 7 on 7 and 5 on 5.  However, these are real games - They are calling the series of games "The Freedom Bowls"

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They are talking the end of Aug.

hmmm...thought MD's 1st game was against was vs Bishop Amat and Gorman for the 2nd game...maybe with CIF moving up week zero it opened up more dates on the schedule...well sounds fun. where would the games be in Cali? dont think MD could get the rights to the Santa Ana Bowl for 2 days straight