Folsom/DLS week 0

TheBlockIsHot

12 hours ago, Rippers said:

September 7, DLS is playing St. Francis in a contracted game, therefore, not a match for a Folsom opening.  Dang, Block loses that part of his argument.

Next....

Lol defense mode. I bet right when u found out about this Folsom game you went to make sure DLS had a contractual obligation that week so as to not get called out. 

A little self conscious are we? What a joke. 

4 minutes ago, DLS_Spartan said:

@PrepGridiron

DLS backed out?

Let's try to look at it objectively.

• Folsom calls DLS because 1) they know they have their #OIAG (loaded JR and SO class) next year; 2) they fully expect to go back to the D1 game, so the question is how do they get an Open Bid (hope DLS loses and gets voted over OR catch DLS early and make the vote easy).
  • So, now Folsom sits in a perfect spot (a win-no lose situation), if DLS takes the early game, then they have a great chance at the Open, if DLS doesn't, then Folsom is in no worse spot than they usually are every year and they hope DLS gets voted over. They can also say, hey, we tried with DLS but the schedules didn't work out
  • So, the phone call happens, DLS says sure, let's get a two year contract going, we've got weeks 5 and 6 this year (4 of 6 were (presumably) backends of two year contracts) and several options for the years following.
  • Folsom prefers a one year contract week 0 because 1) see point 2 above; 2) they don't have week 6 (league game); 3) probably not interested in playing DLS right before league (week 5); 4) believes DLS is vulnerable early; and 5) while next year they have a #OIAG, they know their Junior class is the stronger of the two classes and they'd have their RB, QB, top O and D lineman. 
  • DLS says, we can't do week 0, we already have a contract with Amador and can't just back out. Folsom says, ok, thanks, maybe we will try and work something out in the future. 

6 hours ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

Folsom by 2 TDs

Meanwhile DLS takes on the powehouse of ST Francis in the declining WCAL while we take on a state power. 

Chaminade is a state power?  LOL.  Which state?  Certainly not Cali.  Lets not go down the road that ECHS tried to take us down when coldcuts played VM. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Chaminade finished #53 in the nation. 

I guess we need to define state power. 

Like I said Chaminade is no SJB but also not a bad choice for Folsom to slowly step into the shallow end of the ocean before diving in head first.  I'm happy they are branching out some.  State power I would say is a team over the last 10 years that has consistently been in the top 5 or so. Thats what I would use as a barometer for a team to be a state power.  Not sure if Chaminade has even won a sub bowl title but I could be wrong.  

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Like I said Chaminade is no SJB

I never said it was. They are likely one of the best teams in the nation. SJB is a private school with an assembled arsenal of all stars from around Socal. Folsom is a public school. Big difference. 

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

State power I would say is a team over the last 10 years that has consistently been in the top 5 or so.

So like 2 teams in the entire state/nation?

On 1/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, PrepGridiron said:

This is such bullshit; I'm tired of this. DLS offered Folsom multiple weeks for multiple years. Folsom said no. Folsom wanted Week 0, one year. AV was already in contract and it wouldn't work. At no point was Folsom trying to accommodate to make this game happen. 

This rumor is real

Never forget. 

The own mod was against this game. 

Know who to put your money on.