Folsom/DLS week 0

TheBlockIsHot

On 6/23/2018 at 4:33 PM, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Spot on. So funny.

I think people were more happy with promoting the same narrative, rather than actually seeing the truth.

The same posters will be ducking and dodging in August. 

The forum mod won't even comment on the game anymore...it's that bad. 

Folsom by 10. 

People have been talking about this for months.

Nobody is evading. They are just sick of shit talking and are ready for the actual game to get here.

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Why isn't anyone talking about Colquitt and that super bowl team from Missouri? 

Colquitt posters have finally matured. 

Basically, we've been there before, and, to some extent, now we act like it. 

We know when it's time to talk now. 

It sure ain't months before.

Week of and then forever after. Yeah. That's about right. 

In your case, you been going on about the game for months. DLS will probably get to crow forever after. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Oh right? A completely different game with two completely different teams, played years ago, is COMPLETELY relevant to our game in August. 

Folsom by 10 

So all’s you take away from this is that they’re different teams? Both St. Brown brothers will be playing Sundays and Sevites QB played on college. Sound familiar? Servite didn’t have the toughness in the trenches to be able to utilize their skill guys. I see this same scenario happening in August.

You hold on to this notion of that they’re two different teams too tightly. They’re not that different. Just different players. There’s a reason as to why CalPeps gives points for the continued success of a program. 

If I had a gun to my head, there’s no way I would not choose DLS. 

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt posters have finally matured. 

Basically, we've been there before, and, to some extent, now we act like it. 

We know when it's time to talk now. 

It sure ain't months before.

Week of and then forever after. Yeah. That's about right. 

In your case, you been going on about the game for months. DLS will probably get to crow forever after. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Blueliner said:

So all’s you take away from this is that they’re different teams? Both St. Brown brothers will be playing Sundays and Sevites QB played on college. Sound familiar? Servite didn’t have the toughness in the trenches to be able to utilize their skill guys. I see this same scenario happening in August.

You hold on to this notion of that they’re two different teams too tightly. They’re not that different. Just different players. There’s a reason as to why CalPeps gives points for the continued success of a program. 

If I had a gun to my head, there’s no way I would not choose DLS. 

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

LOL when!?

Oh we've been to the pinnacle. A place y'all will NEVER get. Even if you pull a rabbit out of the hat and beat DLS, you won't sniff a MNC. 

You need to go back to the bathroom and wipe the eye boogers out before you step back to the big boy table again.  Clearly you ain't woke good yet this morning. 

xD

images.jpeg.82bdc5c2086b9a12c32ed2ecb2a505c4.jpeg

download.jpeg.cb60a27f3250313343d05e67e1c117c6.jpeg

48 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Yes.

Do we base this years super bowl winner, based on the super bowl in 2009?

C'mon dude. You are smarter than this!

Folsom by 10.

The Philadelphia Eagles will be a favorite. Just FYI. And pretty sure NE will have a shot. Apples to oranges though. In HSFB, the program means everything..

All of us on this forum know one thing is for certain, DLS will bring it in the trenches every single year....no matter the players.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh we've been to the pinnacle. A place y'all will NEVER get. Even if you pull a rabbit out of the hat and beat DLS, you won't sniff a MNC. 

You need to go back to the bathroom and wipe the eye boogers out before you step back to the big boy table again.  Clearly you ain't woke good yet this morning. 

xD

The pinnacle is not the champion of your local county.

You GA boys need to get out more. It's a big world out there.

Just now, Blueliner said:

The Philadelphia Eagles will be a favorite. Just FYI. And pretty sure NE will have a shot. Apples to oranges though. In HSFB, the program means everything..

All of us on this forum know one thing is for certain, DLS will bring it in the trenches every single year....no matter the players.

Maybe I should look back on some film from 2001? Maybe it will be relevant to our August game?

11 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Maybe I should look back on some film from 2001? Maybe it will be relevant to our August game?

You don’t understand anything do ya? The toughness gets engrained and becomes a culture over years. DLS is always tough. That’s why they win Opens. That’s why they can play in Texas, Florida, or Bishop Gorman. They may not win every game, but they know what it’s like to play a team that’s nationally elite. Makes them tougher. 

If I was Coach Richardson, hell yes I’d be looking at 2001. One of DLS best teams ever that a had new up and coming QB that went on to play on Sundays. They beat Long Beach Poly that year. Finished #1. Same playbook as today. 

13 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

You don’t understand anything do ya? The toughness gets engrained and becomes a culture over years. DLS is always tough. That’s why they win Opens. That’s why they can play in Texas, Florida, or Bishop Gorman. They may not win every game, but they know what it’s like to play a team that’s nationally elite. Makes them tougher. 

If I was Coach Richardson, hell yes I’d be looking at 2001. One of DLS best teams ever that a had new up and coming QB that went on to play on Sundays. They beat Long Beach Poly that year. Finished #1. Same playbook as today. 

The gap has been closing on DLS for years now in Ca and even in NorCal. 

These are two different teams with no regular season tune ups until they face each other. I believe that is a disadvantage for DLS. 

I believe even for the DLS guys- you know what you are getting in folsom. You know their personnel. everything. DLS next year is a relative unknown in terms of what you are going to get besides the usual. I am talking about personnel. 

I believe that makes prep nervous. I cam understand his original meltdown to an extent now. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The gap has been closing on DLS for years now in Ca and even in NorCal. 

These are two different teams with no regular season tune ups until they face each other. I believe that is a disadvantage for DLS. 

I believe even for the DLS guys- you know what you are getting in folsom. You know their personnel. everything. DLS next year is a relative unknown in terms of what you are going to get besides the usual. I am talking about personnel. 

I believe that makes prep nervous. I cam understand his original meltdown to an extent now. 

I'm pretty sure Prep isn't nervous.B|

But with that being said, this may be your best ever. Some solid football analysis here!

I agree about Folsom being a known commodity. However, what is not known is how they'll respond playing a team of the caliber or DLS. Helix, Central, Oakridge, Jesuit, Sac....those aren't the same animal at all.

I disagree, though, on that DLS is an unknown commodity. On the contrary, as I said, DLS does the same thing year after year. Like Folsom, DLS has about 15 starters returning...most are 2-year starters, and 6 are 3-year starters. THIS DLS team has played BG, MD, SJC, SJB, East, St. Francis....all very tough along the lines. Folsom had better be ready for THAT kind of physicality.

32 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I'm pretty sure Prep isn't nervous.B|

But with that being said, this may be your best ever. Some solid football analysis here!

I agree about Folsom being a known commodity. However, what is not known is how they'll respond playing a team of the caliber or DLS. Helix, Central, Oakridge, Jesuit, Sac....those aren't the same animal at all.

I disagree, though, on that DLS is an unknown commodity. On the contrary, as I said, DLS does the same thing year after year. Like Folsom, DLS has about 15 starters returning...most are 2-year starters, and 6 are 3-year starters. THIS DLS team has played BG, MD, SJC, SJB, East, St. Francis....all very tough along the lines. Folsom had better be ready for THAT kind of physicality.

Think about this.

Folsom has been the underdog once in the last 8 years (minus the two DLS games and MAYBE a St. Mary's game). In that game, they blew out their opponent. EVERY single person nationally and locally said they would be blown off the field by Serra.

Folsom blew them out IN SoCal.

Folsom by 10.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Eddyr2 said:

they look to small to stop the DLS Veer for 4 quarters...

On the flipside, I think there will be defensive breakdowns from DLS against their O. I know defense is usually ahead of the curve in the pre-season, but assuming Folsom has the machine running, I think they'll catch DLS a few times 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

Hawg there was like 100 teams that won the 2015 MNC lmao u can’t be proud of this

CE41DFB7-7435-4718-BF74-25F14C6EE5F3.png

D9F6E37A-329B-403B-B3F5-CC2E110A589E.png

• Haha 1