Folsom vs Chaminade

Ararar

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Folsom has agreed to play at Chaminade on Sept. 7. One of the top football teams in California

Cool! There you go, a top 10 CIF SS D1 team...now we will be able to measure them. If they win they are at the Poly, MV, JSerra leave. If Folsom blows them out, they may be elite. Good for the bulldogs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Folsom has agreed to play at Chaminade on Sept. 7. One of the top football teams in California

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Cool! There you go, a top 10 CIF SS D1 team...now we will be able to measure them. If they win they are at the Poly, MV, JSerra leave. If Folsom blows them out, they may be elite. Good for the bulldogs

Now if only Folsom agrees to accept SJB's challenge too. That'd be a very good non-league schedule no matter who else ends up on it.

Unless I'm mistaken, their current schedule looks something like this:

08/17: TBA
08/24: TBA
08/31: TBA (possibly a home against Oakdale?)
09/07: at Chaminade
09/14: Oak Ridge
09/21: TBA/BYE
09/28: at Rocklin
10/05: Whitney
10/12: Granite Bay
10/19: at Grant Union
10/26: at Del Oro

10 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Now if only Folsom agrees to accept SJB's challenge too. That'd be a very good non-league schedule no matter who else ends up on it.

If they play Bosco week zero and then Chaminade week one, it could ruin them...Bosco would eat Folsom alive in the front 7 and just leave scraps for Chaminade to gnaw on a week later....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Chaminade has gotten smoked out of the playoffs in round 1 each of the last 3 years.  Not sure I would call them a top team.

Oops, correction, two years ago I think they made it to the second round before getting trounced.  I would consider them about equal to Pittsburg or Helix.

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Oops, correction, two years ago I think they made it to the second round before getting trounced.  I would consider them about equal to Pittsburg or Helix.

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Chaminade has gotten smoked out of the playoffs in round 1 each of the last 3 years.  Not sure I would call them a top team.

They didn’t get “smoked” out of the playoffs. Last year they lost by 3 in a game they should have won according to SoCal posters and the year before they played C10. Your agenda is clear, claim chaminade isn’t that good so when Folsom beats them down on their home field it doesn’t mean anything. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Twice to Cen10 and last year to 5-5 OLU team.  A top team doesn’t lose first round to OLU

I think they will be top 10 in the SS...but they may get bounce first round again....if Folsom plays then close or loses we’ll know they are JSerra/Ploy level...if Folsom blows them out we’ll have to start ranking them ahead of MV in state rankings

either way it’s a good barometer on how good Folsom really is