Some California news

Ararar

14 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Ethan played freshman football at San Marcos high school in San Diego with my buddies son. They did not move in 8th grade. 10th grade. Nobody is confused Lol

8th /9th grade. Big deal. He wasn’t even on varsity as a 10th grader, but yet you think his move was monumental.(his Sr year was his first year to start)  If you know so much about him why didn’t YOU mention he was a lacrosse phenom and not football? 

and yes, you absolutely are confused on why areas in Austin are seeing growth and how that may impact schools in the area getting move ins 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

8th /9th grade. Big deal. He wasn’t even on varsity as a 10th grader, but yet you think his move was monumental. If you know so much about him why didn’t YOU mention he was a lacrosse phenom and not football? 

Is he playing division 1 football at UT or lacrosse? Lmao phenom! 

2 four star kids from opposite coasts moved in to play for the top team in the state. Tech growth! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Is he playing division 1 football at UT or lacrosse? Lmao phenom! 

2 four star kids from opposite coasts moved in to play for the top team in the state. Tech growth! 

That’s not the question nick, he didn’t move to Westlake with much football promise. That’s a fact, no matter how much you try to emphasize what he’s accomplished after moving in the program several years 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Me: it is a fact that the kid did not play football at Westlake until 10th grade

Horsey: 8th/9th grade big deal! 

😂😂😂

It’s not a big deal, the emphasis is he wasn’t much of a football player when he got here. That’s the issue. But keep digging nick. The program sure as hell wasn’t relying on him for their success when he moved here, they (Salazar) developed him into the player he became 

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

It’s not a big deal, the emphasis is he wasn’t much of a football player when he got here. That’s the issue. But keep digging nick 

What does that even mean? He wasn’t much of a football player but played youth football and freshman ball in California. He didn’t have offers yet meaning he wasn’t much of a football player? What lacrosse offers does he have now since you proclaimed him a phenom? & why is he not playing D1 lacrosse? What about 4 star lineman TJ Shanahan that had 20+ offers prior to enrolling at westlake? Could’ve gone anywhere but he ended up playing for the #1 team in the state. Only a joker denies this, if one of the highest rated lineman in the country moved states to come play for Mater Dei what would all of you guys cry? “He was recruited!” A top kid moves in to play for the best team in Texas and it’s legit. Lol tech growth!

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

What does that even mean? He wasn’t much of a football player but played youth football and freshman ball in California. He didn’t have offers yet meaning he wasn’t much of a football player? What lacrosse offers does he have now since you proclaimed him a phenom? & why is he not playing D1 lacrosse? What about 4 star lineman TJ Shanahan that had 20+ offers prior to enrolling at westlake? Could’ve gone anywhere but he ended up playing for the #1 team in the state. Only a joker denies this, if one of the highest rated lineman in the country moved states to come play for Mater Dei what would all of you guys cry? “He was recruited!” A top kid moves in to play for the best team in Texas and it’s legit. Lol tech growth!

He didn’t have offers yet as a sophomore and play varsity. He wasn’t a starter until his season year which was a breakout year for him. If he was such a football stud why did it take him two years after arriving on campus to have a real impact?

He was committed to play lacrosse coming into his senior year nick! 

see, I can at least show evidence that the moves into these Texas areas are economic choices based on job opportunities. Whats the reason for the kid to transfer to SJB other than football? 😂 

51 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

see, I can at least show evidence that the moves into these Texas areas are economic choices based on job opportunities. Whats the reason for the kid to transfer to SJB other than football? 😂 

This is a fairly baseless claim. You have zero clue whether those moves were athletically motivated or not. Just the fact. Ex. a move to Texas is in the works but they decide to move in/ use the address of somebody living in the top football programs district so the kid can play there. If I couldn't afford too live in Westlake or lake Travis but was moving to Austin I'd still try and send my son there if he had some football talent. It's completely preposterous to think there aren't transfers in Tx based solely on athletics. I'm not claiming that's what you said but it would be silly to think otherwise. I'll never knock a kid for moving to play for a better program, whether its at Bosco or in Texas. The same goes for families out here leaving underfunded school districts so their kids have better resources. We can go all day, I just don't think there's any secret as to what's going on. Why did the 4* lineman from Florida choose Westlake? Probably for the same reason the kid out here picked Bosco. 

3 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

This is a fairly baseless claim. You have zero clue whether those moves were athletically motivated or not. Just the fact. Ex. a move to Texas is in the works but they decide to move in/ use the address of somebody living in the top football programs district so the kid can play there. If I couldn't afford too live in Westlake or lake Travis but was moving to Austin I'd still try and send my son there if he had some football talent. It's completely preposterous to think there aren't transfers in Tx based solely on athletics. I'm not claiming that's what you said but it would be silly to think otherwise. I'll never knock a kid for moving to play for a better program, whether its at Bosco or in Texas. The same goes for families out here leaving underfunded school districts so their kids have better resources. We can go all day, I just don't think there's any secret as to what's going on. Why did the 4* lineman from Florida choose Westlake? Probably for the same reason the kid out here picked Bosco. 

But you do know nick? You actually compared a family relocating to Texas from another state as if it’s the same as a kid transferring to another school 50 miles away. 

peoole are transient and they move, many times,  for better job opportunities. I’ve given evidence why there are lucrative  opportunities in job markets like Allen and Austin and frankly it’s better than most parts of the country! And if they make that move, choosing Westlake or Allen is a viable option considering the quality of the schools and athletic programs, but it’s not the motivation for the move to begin with! 

since you “know” the Burke’s why did they make the move from Cali to Texas? 

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You actually compared a family relocating to Texas from another state as if it’s the same as a kid transferring to another school 50 miles away. 

No I did not, I simply said they probably chose their respective schools for the same reason. Did you read what I wrote? It's completely possible their family moved from Westlake Village to Long Beach and transferred the kid to Bosco. Recently, who has been the best school for a football prospect in the Long Beach area? A family moves to Austin, who has been the best football program recently? This isn't a difficult concept.

And if they make that move, choosing Westlake or Allen is a viable option considering the quality of the schools and athletic programs, but it’s not the motivation for the move to begin with! 

I literally said exactly this. Again, did you read what I wrote? Should I reattach? 

since you “know” the Burke’s why did they make the move from Cali to Texas? 

I also never said I knew them. I do know Wendy Stull, and her son was teammates with Burke at San Marcos. You're struggling today! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No I did not, I simply said they probably chose their respective schools for the same reason. Did you read what I wrote? 

I literally said exactly this. Again, did you read what I wrote? Should I reattach? 

I also never said I knew them. I do know Wendy Stull, and her son was teammates with Burke at San Marcos. You're struggling today! 

Nick you’ve been struggling trying to talk Texas. First you claimed Allen was cheating quoting an irrelevant transfer article that totally missed the context of growth in that area, then you tried to make the Burke move seems as if it was a football related move, insinuating he was recruited. 

but yet, I asked you to provide any reasonable explanation for the kid transferring to Bosco other than football…and you can’t deliver   

34 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Nick you’ve been struggling trying to talk Texas. First you claimed Allen was cheating quoting an irrelevant transfer article that totally missed the context of growth in that area, then you tried to make the Burke move seems as if it was a football related move, insinuating he was recruited. 

but yet, I asked you to provide any reasonable explanation for the kid transferring to Bosco other than football…and you can’t deliver   

👇🏽This is you low key accusing them of recruiting. When he moved here WL wasn’t even on their current win streak & he wasn’t a top lvl recruit at the time   

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The entire county saw 125K residents come in. How many high schools are in the county? 30+? How many are high school age?  But yes, I’m sure Allen cheerleading had 70 girls transfer in like the football team did. Golf and tennis too! Are you fucking with me because if you are it’s a funny joke but if you’re serious your logic is horribly flawed. We know that Allen doesn’t have the resources or enrollment to compete with Bosco🤣 7K students, a former SEC head coach at the helm, a $60 Million dollar football facility, and of course - they’re located in the most booming area in the world that saw an average of 20K residents a year move into the entire county! 

Speaking of TX state championship teams relying on out of state talent to be successful, did you see Ethan Burke received 6A district defensive player of the year! A California kid moves in to play for the best HS team in the state (just like those Allen kids, coincidence!) and is racking up the accolades. Nice! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not the question nick, he didn’t move to Westlake with much football promise. That’s a fact, no matter how much you try to emphasize what he’s accomplished after moving in the program several years 

Prove it.  Star ratings for underclassmen are spotty.  You have no evidence whatsoever that he "didn't have much football promise."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

He was a lacrosse kid.He wasn’t even on varsity as a sophomore and didn’t start as a DE until his Sr year.  He was committed to play lacrosse before the start of his Sr year and didn’t receive his first football offer until this past Oct.  Lol. 

Yet recorded 20 tackles on varsity his Junior year 😂 Which is solid for a DL. 

Anyway, all Tx transfers are honest academic move ins. We get it. Kyler murray + 30 OOS state kids and 45 more in state transfers just so happened to show up at Allen during their run. Nothing to see there. Tech boom! Cheap COL!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yet recorded 20 tackles on varsity his Junior year 😂 Which is solid for a DL. 

Anyway, all Tx transfers are honest academic move ins. We get it. Kyler murray + 30 OOS state kids and 45 more in state transfers just so happened to show up at Allen during their run. Nothing to see there. Tech boom! Cheap COL!! 

He still didn’t start nick and had zero football offers. He got plenty of playing time in 2020 because 15/16 games were blow outs!!

I agree there is nothing to see concerning Allen from damn near 5 years ago seeing that that was the last time they won a title. 

but I’m confident you’ll keep bringing up irrelevant historical points to current teams. 😂 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

He still didn’t start nick and had zero football offers. He got plenty of playing time in 2020 because 15/16 games were blow outs!! 😂  

That’s true, I think one thing we can agree on is that Westlake’s schedule these last two years has been absolutely atrocious! & I’m not crying OOS anything, playing temple, trinity, and Mansfield summit is just rough. You’d think Todd dodge would want to challenge his team in his final year. 

• Like 1

Just now, HurricaneNick said:

That’s true, I think one thing we can agree on is that Westlake’s schedule these last two years has been absolutely atrocious! & I’m not crying OOS anything, playing temple, trinity, and Mansfield summit is just rough. You’d think Todd dodge would want to challenge his team in his final year. 

Who cares nick, the kid you’re pimping as some football transfer to Westlake was a non starter.  Stay on topic, dodge and the WL community im sure couldn’t give a shit what you think of their schedule 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who cares nick, the kid you’re pimping as some football transfer to Westlake was a non starter.  Stay on topic, dodge and the WL community im sure couldn’t give a shit what you think of their schedule 

That’s fine horse. They know the schedule was dog shit too. Go out on a high note I guess. I’m not pimping any kid. Weird you’d even say that. Westlake started two OOS 4* kids this year. Fact. What’s your prediction for Allen/Bosco? Allen should be able to win the game right? After all, bosco did LOSE to servite this year! Allen only has a $60M football facility, a former SEC west head coach running the show, and 7K students. Maybe you can talk about the disadvantages they face before bosco travels to TX? This is shocking for Allen really. 

22 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

That’s fine horse. They know the schedule was dog shit too. Go out on a high note I guess. I’m not pimping any kid. Weird you’d even say that. Westlake started two OOS 4* kids this year. Fact. What’s your prediction for Allen/Bosco? Allen should be able to win the game right? After all, bosco did LOSE to servite this year! Allen only has a $60M football facility, a former SEC west head coach running the show, and 7K students. Maybe you can talk about the disadvantages they face before bosco travels to TX? This is shocking for Allen really. 

Please cut the BS about schedules. MD only got balls to play OOS a few years ago many decades into rollinson’s tenure. So get off the high horse, we all know when that changed.  

Allen accommodates 7k students that represent a lot of areas and activities other than football. Like I told you before, the school grew to 7k for a reason and football wasn’t a big part of that. 

it’s better to attract and target football players than try to cast ones net in the hopes that a quality football player shows up of the 7k students they have (the evidence is in the results of Allen’s FB success the past 5 years)

Allen will lose convincingly, I’ve said this before  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

This is a fairly baseless claim. You have zero clue whether those moves were athletically motivated or not.  Just the fact. Ex. a move to Texas is in the works but they decide to move in/ use the address of somebody living in the top football programs district so the kid can play there. If I couldn't afford too live in Westlake or lake Travis but was moving to Austin I'd still try and send my son there if he had some football talent. It's completely preposterous to think there aren't transfers in Tx based solely on athletics. I'm not claiming that's what you said but it would be silly to think otherwise. I'll never knock a kid for moving to play for a better program, whether its at Bosco or in Texas. The same goes for families out here leaving underfunded school districts so their kids have better resources. We can go all day, I just don't think there's any secret as to what's going on. Why did the 4* lineman from Florida choose Westlake? Probably for the same reason the kid out here picked Bosco. 

Here is the real difference.  
these kids parents may have chosen WL for all the reasons you said.

Then they purchased home in the district…WL didn’t need to send shuttle bus 50 miles to pick him up.

you are trying to hard to make it look like there is not any difference between between MD and WL.  There is not a single player in the greater LA area that is off limits to them. MD has outstanding players that come all across LA and probably farther.

can you imagine for 1 minute playing the last 2 years with Duncanville QB’s vs what you guys had at MD???

please stop pretending you guys are playing by the same rules as any public school.

Yes, MD has really good team!

One more thing, MD was just another good program until they truly started elaborate recruiting plan.

These are facts!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Please cut the BS about schedules. MD only got balls to play OOS a few years ago many decades into rollinson’s tenure. So get off the high horse, we all know when that changed.  

Allen accommodates 7k students that represent a lot of areas and activities other than football. Like I told you before, the school grew to 7k for a reason and football wasn’t a big part of that. 

it’s better to attract and target football players than try to cast ones net in the hopes that a quality football player shows up of the 7k students they have (the evidence is in the results of Allen’s FB success the past 5 years)

Allen will lose convincingly 

I said nothing about OOS, I actually made it a point to make it clear that I wasn’t talking about OOS. Can you actually read or no? I’m confused at this point because if you just read what I posted it would be blatantly clear. Mater Dei has always played in the toughest league in So Cal and one of the toughest playoff brackets in the country. Just the facts. I played LBP, Amat, Cen10, Bosco, servite, SM, etc while I was at MD. (Just off the top of my head) . If Westlake played a schedule like that you guys would be bragging about SOS. Again, I said nothing about OOS. Read it slowly. Yeah it’s better to attract and target football players. Agreed. Exactly why Allen built a $60 MILLION DOLLAR football facility. Football was definitely apart of the growth, let’s be real here. Is Alabama the institution it is today without football? Nope. I’m not saying Allen is Alabama, I am saying no one would have any idea who Allen is if it weren’t for their football program. I mean, kyler Murray transferred there for a reason. He certainly wasn’t just attending the neighborhood school. You can spin it however you’d like. We both know what’s going on.  

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Here is the real difference.  
these kids parents may have chosen WL for all the reasons you said.

Then they purchased home in the district…WL didn’t need to send shuttle bus 50 miles to pick him up.

you are trying to hard to make it look like there is not any difference between between MD and WL.  There is not a single player in the greater LA area that is off limits to them. MD has outstanding players that come all across LA and probably farther.

can you imagine for 1 minute playing the last 2 years with Duncanville QB’s vs what you guys had at MD???

please stop pretending you guys are playing by the same rules as any public school.

Yes, MD has really good team!

One more thing, MD was just another good program until they truly started elaborate recruiting plan.

These are facts!

MD had 2 national championships in the 90’s. So no, it’s not “one more thing” MD was more accomplished than just about any TX program before the 2000’s without spewing any of that homegrown horse shit. The duncanville team we played this year not only had more transfers than MD but had a kid commuting over 30 miles from Fort Worth! FACT! it is what it is. 

Since the other Texan couldn’t answer I’ll ask you. (He struggles) What would you say if a top 5 OL with 25+ offers transferred into Mater Dei from Florida? “Recruited!” 

The kid shows up at Westlake and horsey acts like it’s all natural. It’s getting comical really.