Some California news

Ararar

15 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Is he any good? That's awesome if he is. 

I'm concerned how bad Servite is going to be the next couple seasons though Sammy. When your best players are transferring to a league rival it's concerning. 

Gladly trade a couple “guys” for an all world Frosh QB who led them to an undefeated season.   All. Day. Long. 

we did send our ex principal over to MD as compensation tho 

PS.  QB has friends.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Gladly trade a couple “guys” for an all world Frost QB who led them to an undefeated season.   All. Day. Long. 

Kid has Alabama, Georgia, and LSU offers already. He isn’t a “guy”, dork. James isn’t all world and wouldn’t have seen the field at MD but whatever helps you sleep at night. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Emmett-Mosley-46104115/ 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Gladly trade a couple “guys” for an all world Frosh QB who led them to an undefeated season.   All. Day. Long. 

PS.  QB has friends.  

Servite should just get some scouts at the og ducks and buckeye practices. I saw on Twitter a handful of those kids just “committed” to Los Alamotos and I would bet the best ones go to MD and Bosco… 

10 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Servite should just get some scouts at the og ducks and buckeye practices. I saw on Twitter a handful of those kids just “committed” to Los Alamotos and I would bet the best ones go to MD and Bosco… 

yeah the good SoCal schools should all do that before the 2012 season...

What Year GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Is he any good? That's awesome if he is. 

I'm concerned how bad Servite is going to be the next couple seasons though Sammy. When your best players are transferring to a league rival it's concerning. 

Bottomline - Johnson won't help right away, he's 5'11 160 if that.. he played alright on the freshmen level, but needs work to improve his throwing strength, Lacks deep ball zip. He was insurance for Elijah Brown and not much if that. Should Brown have gone down MD would have been one dimensional. It was bound to happen regardless of the BS going on at MD. He will add depth to Servite's QBs that about all.  

• Like 2

@HurricaneNick@Adam_MD_Alum@Bodysurf@Eddyr2 In case you guys weren't aware, a CA HS Football Hall of Fame is in the works (which will be housed at the Rose Bowl) and they are taking nominations for the inaugural class of 100 until the end of January.  Nominees can be players or coaches.  Players are eligible 10 years after HS graduation, and coaches are eligible immediately upon retirement.  Anyone can nominate someone, and I tried to nominate Groots, but the form, for some reason, requires you to enter the nominee's contact info (which I don't have, of course).  Thought one of you might have played with him, or knows how to get that info.  If you do have it, please nominate him as no one deserves to be in the inaugural class more than the guy responsible for the greatest game performance in HS football history.

https://www.cahighschoolfootballhof.com/nomination-selection/

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MD87 said:

@HurricaneNick@Adam_MD_Alum@Bodysurf@Eddyr2 In case you guys weren't aware, a CA HS Football Hall of Fame is in the works (which will be housed at the Rose Bowl) and they are taking nominations for the inaugural class of 100 until the end of January.  Nominees can be players or coaches.  Players are eligible 10 years after HS graduation, and coaches are eligible immediately upon retirement.  Anyone can nominate someone, and I tried to nominate Groots, but the form, for some reason, requires you to enter the nominee's contact info (which I don't have, of course).  Thought one of you might have played with him, or knows how to get that info.  If you do have it, please nominate him as no one deserves to be in the inaugural class more than the guy responsible for the greatest game performance in HS football history.

https://www.cahighschoolfootballhof.com/nomination-selection/

Done 

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2022 at 10:25 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

You're wasting your time.  St. Paul got ahold of this a few days ago.  Nominations are already in.

There's no one who's ever played at St Paul's - or ever will play - who's in the same conversation as Groots.  End of discussion.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, MD87 said:

There's no one who's ever played at St Paul's - or ever will play - who's in the same conversation as Groots.  End of discussion.

LOL.  Groots played against St. Paul and promptly fumbled as he was about to get stuck.  He got stuck anyway and the fumble return went at least 60 yards.  May have been a TD but can't recall.

Here is the next paragraph in the article that Eddy conveniently left out, and was the entire point of my post.

Leading, 17-3, midway through the third quarter, Mater Dei quarterback Matt Grootegoed fumbled deep in St. Paul territory. Mike Holloway returned the ball 82 yards for a touchdown to pull the Swordsmen (5-1) within a touchdown with seven minutes to play.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Here is the next paragraph in the article that Eddy conveniently left out, and was the entire point of my post.

Leading, 17-3, midway through the third quarter, Mater Dei quarterback Matt Grootegoed fumbled deep in St. Paul territory. Mike Holloway returned the ball 82 yards for a touchdown to pull the Swordsmen (5-1) within a touchdown with seven minutes to play.

I can’t find the next paragraph where it says St. Pail then won? 

• Haha 2