Shooting at high school in Parkland, Fla.; multiple injuries reported

DevilDog

9 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Concha makes a common right-wing “mistake” on statistics.

Because men are generally responsible for mass killings it is still not correct to just count black men, white men, Hispanic men, etc.

If black men make up 7% of the population, then black women need to be included.  Blacks make up 14% of the population.  So to compare total black, white and/or Hispanic crime, it is necessary to use each of their total population, both men and women to the total crime.       

If you just want to compare men, then 7% of black men compared to 50% of the male population is 14% not 7%.

I didn't make any damn "mistake".

DD was pointing at white males. I pointed out that males perpetrate nearly all mass killings.

If you look at only white males, then when looking at other races just use males of that race.

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Where were his parents,.....where all those who saw the signals this kid gave and why didn't other kids,who knew he was sick and  those in authority....Where were school officials who also had signals he was nuts. ???? WHERE WERE HIS PARENTS AND RELATIVES!......Neighbors???? This is about a lack luster,secular and selfish society that has put God on the back burners of life.....

Where are the men that will stand up to the NRA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, concha said:

And, of course, that just advertises your ignorance (and/or that you simply have agenda).

Graphs are meaningless unless you read BOTH axes.

That was the ONLY point I was making and made the last time.  My only point has been white males commit more of these type of crimes and they are overall at critical levels.  

But you with an agenda were the one that posted this chart to bring attention to races as a percent of population.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

I didn't make any damn "mistake".

DD was pointing at white males. I pointed out that males perpetrate nearly all mass killings.

If you look at only white males, then when looking at other races just use males of that race.

I stand by my statement.  When comparing males to total crime, it doubles the rate.  So, pick some group that you don’t like and compare just the males and the crime rate for that group will go thru the roof.

If Blacks commit 16% of the crimes and Blacks comprise 14% of the population, that doesn’t look so bad.

If Blacks commit 16% of the crimes and Black men comprise only 7% of the population, that looks bad.

That’s why you said Black men, not simply Blacks.  It’s a very come right-wing ploy.  I’ve seen it before.  It’s misleading and dishonest.

Just now, Horsefly said:

That was the ONLY point I was making and made the last time.  My only point has been white males commit more of these type of crimes and they are overall at critical levels.  

But you with an agenda were the one that posted this chart to bring attention to races as a percent of population.

"In place where most folks are white, most crimes committed by whites".

Thanks for that earth-shattering insight.

7 minutes ago, stanscript said:

I stand by my statement.  When comparing males to total crime, it doubles the rate.  So, pick some group that you don’t like and compare just the males and the crime rate for that group will go thru the roof.

If Blacks commit 16% of the crimes and Blacks comprise 14% of the population, that doesn’t look so bad.

If Blacks commit 16% of the crimes and Black men comprise only 7% of the population, that looks bad.

That’s why you said Black men, not simply Blacks.  It’s a very come right-wing ploy.  I’ve seen it before.  It’s misleading and dishonest.

You shouldn't. 

You apparently missed the part where DD used white males alone (31% of blah blah blah). That was before I addressed males only. Oooops.

I was simply comparing apples-to-apples.

No "ploy". LMAO.

If this was anyone else doing this every 3 months it would be an uproar like with the opioid problem.  This isn't funny and if you are not willing to face the main source of this guns and white males in Chicago it's guns and black males. Then both will continue to happen. Praying doesn't work the people in San Antonio was in a church and were slaughtered.

Guns are a damn problem. Will giving us more opiods help the problem.  Before some fool mentions gun laws in Chicago.  Hit the Kennedy and head South let me know how long it takes to hit Indiana. And get what you want.  Like driving from New Mexico to Colorado for weed. 

You love castigating Chicago but neglect your own problems.  I don't need a fucking chart to know whose doing this and you don't either.

10 minutes ago, concha said:

"In place where most folks are white, most crimes committed by whites".

Thanks for that earth-shattering insight.

The point was fairly simple but you were the one that went hysterical this time and last and made a bigger deal out of it than necessary with your not relevant point and unnecessary charts.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

The point was fairly simple but you were the one that went hysterical this time and last and made a bigger deal out of it than necessary with your not relevant point and unnecessary charts.

Ignorance is a problem.

I try to help people solve theirs.

If you are happy in your ignorance, then super. Enjoy.

What's your next great insight?  "More Yankees fans in NYC than Red Sox fans"?

1 minute ago, concha said:

Ignorance is a problem.

I try to help people solve theirs.

If you are happy in your ignorance, then super. Enjoy.

What's your next great insight?  "More Yankees fans in NYC than Red Sox fans"?

Oh stop the bullshit.  We told your ass before we weren't talking about per capita and you dug in and posted the charts anyway and whined about a point no one was making.

it was an innocuous observation until Concha got butt hurt and wanted to make a statement and drag it on and on...

Just now, Horsefly said:

Oh stop the bullshit.  We told your ass before we weren't talking about per capita and you dug in and posted the charts anyway and whined about a point no one was making.

it was an innocuous observation until Concha got butt hurt and wanted to make a statement and drag it on and on...

What is the effing point of NOT talking per capita?

And save me the "innocuous" schpiel.  Certain clowns wanted to mass shootings a white issue.  And did not like it that, in fact, a white man is no more likely to be a mass shooter than a black guy is.

Well, tough shit.

That's the truth.

1 minute ago, concha said:

What is the effing point of NOT talking per capita?

And save me the "innocuous" schpiel.  Certain clowns wanted to mass shootings a white issue.  And did not like it that, in fact, a white man is no more likely to be a mass shooter than a black guy is.

Well, tough shit.

That's the truth.

Because we were the ones that made the point, you don't change the narrative to suit your purposes.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And the truth we were making was that whites commit more of theses crimes.  And these crimes (mass shootings) are so egregious we need to do something as a country.  That's really the point.

If a white guy is no more likely to commit a mass killing than a black guy (fact), then the only real reason to bring up a specific skin color is racism.

Congrats.