Shooting at high school in Parkland, Fla.; multiple injuries reported

DevilDog

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Yes and it's called LIBERALISM.....

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's called CONSERVATISM...

See how easy that is. I hate you. You hate me. 

Now shut up, give me an AR15 and make me a damn sammich!

"I bet the shooter would have thought twice before going to that school if he knew all the others were carrying", or something along those lines.

We all need to protect ourselves. Rather than handing out cell phones, the government should issue AR-15s to all citizens.

All the snowflakes have caused this, by squawking about team names. Washington Wizards??? Bring back the Washington 30-Round Clips!!!

The USA needs to lead the rest of the world. We need to show others that the future is for all people on earth to be carrying personal AR-15s, capable of protecting ourselves at least 30 times/day without having to replace a magazine. Can you imagine how horrible it would be if our life was threatened 29 times one day and we didn't have that 30-round clip?

2nd Amendment!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The claims this morning are, that once again, it's a "troubled" person. Known to be troubled by most everyone, except whoever helped him to an AR-15 and numerous clips of ammo, smoke grenades and a gas mask. 

The president says, report, report, report. Not sure what good that does. The cops are too busy conducting roadside investigations after simple tag light out traffic stops. People reported this kid from you tube and nothing really happened. 

Hell I know people myself that I think are crazy and shouldn't necessarily have a gun, yet they are permitted. How do I begin reporting? Who to call? Will they even follow up? Will the follow up mean they just want to talk to me more? That's the follow up they did for the you tube report. Meanwhile, the kid goes and kills 17 folks. 

Also read that this kid and his brother were adopted together at birth.  Cruz is the last name of the adoptive father.  The adoptive mother's sister in law gave an interview.  The two seemed to be a handful for her.

49 minutes ago, stanscript said:

We will never get gun control as long as gun manufacturers shower mostly Republicans with campaign money.  Republicans received over $38 million from gun makers during the 2015-2016 election cycle.  Until politicians stop getting this money, all we will get from them is "our thoughts and prayers are with the families...."  

For an accounting see link below:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bess-kalb-nra-tweets_us_5a84ee69e4b0058d5565cbac

Stan,

I read the NRA spent ~$70M in the 2016 election cycle.  There appears to be an investigation into the source of the funding.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article195231139.html

For the record:

• Donald Trump to NRA in April 2017: "I will never ever let you down."
  • After Sandy Hook/Newtown shootings in Dec 2012 Senate Leader Mitch McConnell led the Senate filibuster that kept gun control measures from coming to a vote.
  • After Las Vegas, there was nearly universal consensus to ban bump stocks - as symbolic as such a measure would be -- We couldn't manage to get even that done.
  • By report this morning, the mom of the shooter called the police many times about her son, students reported the shooter multiple times, the shooter purchased an AR15 legally.
  • Our President appears to want to blame the teenagers -- But there will be parsing of his words and how he didn't really mean  that when he tweeted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/964110212885106689

10 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Stan,

I read the NRA spent ~$70M in the 2016 election cycle.  There appears to be an investigation into the source of the funding.

For the record:

• After Sandy Hook/Newtown shootings in Dec 2012 Senate Leader Mitch McConnell led the Senate filibuster that kept gun control measures from coming to a vote.
  • After Las Vegas, there was nearly universal consensus to ban bump stocks - as symbolic as such a measure would be -- We couldn't manage to get even that done.
  • By report this morning, the mom of the shooter called the police many times about her son, students reported the shooter multiple times, the shooter purchased an AR15 legally.
  • Our President appears to want to blame the teenagers -- But there will be parsing of his words and how he didn't really mean  that when he tweeted:

Yes, I have read about Russian money going to the NRA.  The Russians are really good at money laundering and probably channeled the money thru a long chain of front-groups with patriotic-sounding names and/or dummy corporations.  It will take a bit of sleuthing to trace the path, so I'm anxious to see the results. Basically, the Russian money ends up mostly in the hands of Republican politicians that will sit on their hands and do nothing on gun control.

Thanks for posting the link to the article.  I hadn't seen that one.  McClatchy has some good reporting.

13 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Stan,

For the record:

Powerful carton in the bottom link:

DWFU5elXkAAvHBK.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty much nationwide. Our society has a scourge, and Mexican immigrants ain't it. 

You can't get this fixed.  Hell one side even refuse to admit who the perp is more likely to be.  They want to deport Mexicans and Muslim's.  They hate M&M's.   So since they want admit that.  We do know one thing all these mass shooters have In common would be this (GUNZ).  You know the old Guns don't kill people>  People kill people.  Then make it harder for people to kill mass amounts of people.  But hey nothing will let the world know that we are opposed to violence than a Military Parade with Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines Marching down the street with tanks rumbling behind them.   This doesn't happen in any other places on Earth but here and especially in other 1st world Countries.

If this happened anywhere else in the world the conservative right would be proselytizing to them.   Here they just grab hands and pray. "God didn't cause this and will not fix it.  Man did and needs to fix it"  A Democrat said this on TV this morning concerning Republicans and said they Congress have failed to keep America safe.

The one Constant in all these incidents are Guns and mainly Semi-Automatic weapons designed for mass casualty.  You don't hunt with a Freaking AR-15 and a AK-47 unless it is two legged Prey in Public places.  Terrible and the FBI was notified so there goes the Mental problem excuse we keep hearing.

Image result for GUNS

35 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Powerful carton in the bottom link:

DWFU5elXkAAvHBK.jpg

The US’s political response to these tragic incidents has become rote—Republicans offer up “thoughts and prayers,” Democrats demands new legislation that stands no chance of passing.

America’s gun lobby has deep pockets. The National Rifle Association and its affiliates spent over $50 million in political advertisements in the last US general election, boosting Republicans who promised to support the NRA and targeting Democrats who propose stricter gun laws.

In fact, the pro-gun lobby spent over twice as much to fight Democrats ($34.5 million), as it did to support Republicans ($14.5 million). President Donald Trump, who tweeted his condolences to Parkland parents on Wednesday, was the biggest beneficiary of those ad dollars.

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and Congress candidate Deborah Ross topped the NRA’s list of “targets” in 2016. Every candidate the NRA on the chart below lost their race.

The NRA has a dedicated lobbyist, Marion Hammer, in Florida. She has helped make Florida a “laboratory for generating new types of gun protections,” as NPR host Terry Gross explained last year. This year, Hammer is pushing for legislation that would prevent local sheriffs from testifying for gun control laws in uniform. Meanwhile, Republican politicians in the state are pushing to allow guns in elementary schools and airports.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

People take a step back. Stop being so emotional and maybe a logical discussion can be brought up but right now people are way too emotional. Emotions always lead to irrational thinking and discussions

Yeah we should all be cold and calculated.  Emotions are usually high when mass amount of humans are executed.  As a matter of fact high emotions are needed at this time.  Without them you get hand holding and bowed heads.   Keeping the emotional barometer high is a good thing in these situations.  Emotions and a rational approach can go hand in hand.

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

DNC and Clinton hired Fusion GPS to fund research and they hired Steel...Later both Perkins Coke 5.6 and later 3.6 million... But, this has nothing to do with his failed community and this sociopath..

Going a little bit off topic, aren't you?

If you saw the Senate Intelligence Committee testimony on 2/13, you'd know that Steele's report had nothing to do with the start of the Russia investigation.  Even Trey Gowdy said the dossier had nothing to do with the beginning of the Russia investigation.  The Free Beacon hired Steele/Fusion to look into Trump, first.

Now, back to the topic of gun control................

11 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yeah we should all be cold and calculated.  Emotions are usually high when mass amount of humans are executed.  As a matter of fact high emotions are needed at this time.  Without them you get hand holding and bowed heads.   Keeping the emotional barometer high is a good thing in these situations.  Emotions and a rational approach can go hand in hand.

17 is not mass. Another word that gets thrown around wayy too much. Mass would be thousands. I disagree completely. People need to settle down and relax. High emotions get people hurt and leads to irrational thinking. Rational thoughts and rational debates would be for the greater good.

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

17 is not mass. Another word that gets thrown around wayy too much. Mass would be thousands. I disagree completely. People need to settle down and relax. High emotions get people hurt and leads to irrational thinking. Rational thoughts and rational debates would be for the greater good.

Mass shootings should be defined as being in the 1,000s ? ? ? ? ? ?   

Apparently, there has never been a mass shooting in U.S. history.  

I've seen some extremely stupid statements over the years but defining it as thousands has got to be right up there with  " trump tells it like it is. "

I believe the FBI defines a mass shooting as injuries or death to 4 or more people by gunfire.

Notice how the rightwing is now starting to massage this massacre as a mental health issue rather than a semi-auto assault rifle issue.  It's despicable of them.

1 minute ago, stanscript said:

I've seen some extremely stupid statements over the years but defining it as thousands has got to be right up there with  " trump tells it like it is. "

I believe the FBI defines a mass shooting as injuries or death to 4 or more people by gunfire.

Thats nuts. We would literally have a "mass" shooting almost everyday in america. Every weekend in some cities more then 4 people are killed by gunfire. Mass at least to me would have to be somewhat of a big number certainly not 4. And think about it this kid had an AR-15 and only killed 18 in a confined school. If this kid had a handgun and could really shoot he could have wiped out many more. Meaning was he just shooting to shoot people or did he have specific targets in mind? 

12 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

17 is not mass. Another word that gets thrown around wayy too much. Mass would be thousands.

the utterance of an idiot 

the moronic, insensitive and wildly partisan posts in this thread have really gotten to me, I admit it

Try to understand this Concha and his pack of merry fools, 17 MORE are dead, mostly children, because we have  42% of the worlds guns in hand with only 2% of the world population. 

This is not rocket science, even an honest imbecile can see the direct correlation. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats nuts. We would literally have a "mass" shooting almost everyday in america. Every weekend in some cities more then 4 people are killed by gunfire. Mass at least to me would have to be somewhat of a big number certainly not 4. And think about it this kid had an AR-15 and only killed 18 in a confined school. If this kid had a handgun and could really shoot he could have wiped out many more. Meaning was he just shooting to shoot people or did he have specific targets in mind? 

Take your argument to the FBI.

As for your handgun vs. AR-15, that's just conjecture.  You have nothing to back that up with except for your opinion.  

I would bet that most of the experts in law enforcement don't like the idea of going up against an AR-15 on the street.  They are the experts, not you

7 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Notice how the rightwing is now starting to massage this massacre as a mental health issue rather than a semi-auto assault rifle issue.  It's despicable of them.

You do understand that if you have a good shot you can do more damage with a handgun than you can with an AR-15 just saying. 

Just now, stanscript said:

Take your argument to the FBI.

As for your handgun vs. AR-15, that's just conjecture.  You have nothing to back that up with except for your opinion.  

Ok so a gun that sprays bullets and im assuming this kid doesnt have a great shot he was probably spraying bullets all over. Now if he had a handgun that he can control every shot you can literally have 1 shot 1 kill for every bullet he shot.