King James record

hardhit1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

You ever hear of double teaming ? This term " shading " is the same thing.  Back when Jordan started playing , teams would double up on him, with big center's in the middle waiting for him. You also  were allowed to lean your arm against the player you were guarding. Today's defense, because of small ball and the 3 point shot emphasis, which spreads out the defense,   Lebron rarely has  go in against the Big's such as Jabbar, Ewing, Morning, etc. Boston has no center, and neither will Warriors when they meet, unless they decide to give Magee  some minutes. He's great against small ball, that is for sure.

False!  Big Centers had to guard their man or else illegal defense was called as Steeler clearly showed in the video.  Lets not make things up to prove a point.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

You ever hear of double teaming ? This term " shading " is the same thing.  Back when Jordan started playing , teams would double up on him, with big center's in the middle waiting for him. You also  were allowed to lean your arm against the player you were guarding. Today's defense, because of small ball and the 3 point shot emphasis, which spreads out the defense,   Lebron rarely has  go in against the Big's such as Jabbar, Ewing, Morning, etc. Boston has no center, and neither will Warriors when they meet, unless they decide to give Magee  some minutes. He's great against small ball, that is for sure.

You have to double hard which leads to wide open shots for others

The C's were irrelevant on defense if you go Iso. Not much reaction time left when you put everyone on the other side of the floor. You do know they had to follow the player they're guarding so there would be no illegal defense right?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RedZone said:

NO ONE on this forum could check LeBron......

No need to check him when you just deny him the ball! Don't let him touch the ball and he can't do squat. See man, see ball...easy.

If somehow he does get possession...well shit, you just get right up in his chest and slow down that first step of his. Get your butt down, slap the floor, and play some D! Beat him to the spot! Out-think him. Talk a little shit. Get in his head. And keep a hand in his face!!!

Shut that sumbitch down! I got Bron y'all! Shit. Ain't nothin' but a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

No need to check him when you just deny him the ball! Don't let him touch the ball and he can't do squat. See man, see ball...easy.

If somehow he does get possession...well shit, you just get right up in his chest and slow down that first step of his. Get your butt down, slap the floor, and play some D! Beat him to the spot! Out-think him. Talk a little shit. Get in his head. And keep a hand in his face!!!

Shut that sumbitch down! I got Bron y'all! Shit. Ain't nothin' but a thing.

Bahahaha 

Only thing stop LeBron is LeBron

Or artillery. 

Lol

C.A.

13 hours ago, steeler01 said:

King James took the sorry Cavs this year and in 2007(When the Pistons were very much a top team)to the finals. 

If you didn't expect the Cavs to be in the final game this year...you don't know basketball, and probably fell for the yearly Toronto Raptor hype by the media. You're gullible as hell.

Nothing about the Cavs making the finals this year was amazing. The East sucked as usual. Best competition was a Boston team that was missing their two best players. No one is afraid of the Pacers. Lowry and Derozan are straight scrubs in the playoffs yearly and aren't real threats.

Cavs were always going to the ship. And contrary to Bronsexuals belief...he has help on that team.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, AztecPadre said:

Lol not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6......

I think he was describing the total number of finals losses he'd have by the end of his career...

On 5/29/2018 at 7:20 AM, steeler01 said:

The 2016 performance against the GSW by Bron is the greatest achievement ever by a player in a series. 

Gift wrapped by the league on the Draymond suspension. Queen James should've been suspended too.

This dudes entire career is an * outside of the OKC win back in 2012.

8 hours ago, steeler01 said:

He's lost

Steeler, I know more b-ball than you can imagine. Trust me on this.  The league has always let teams play quasi zone defense. People always cheated to close down the lanes. This is one reason why the league finally came out and said they could play zone, with some stipulations . Anyway, if you were there back in the 80's and 90's following the game, for you to try and deny that the physical defense they played then compared to now  is not way different, than it is useless engaging with you. I 've seen probably 150 games live, court level, in Atlanta during the 80's watching all the eastern conference, the dynasties, the countless playoffs, come through and play the hawks. Those games were brutal and the brand of b-ball was way different than it is today. Go look up some interviews with Walt Frasier, who is current with the present day game, being an analyst for the knicks, and see what he has observed  from the game today compared to the way it used to be played. Maybe you might try and listen to one of the greats. 

1 hour ago, WulfTangClan said:

Gift rapped by the league on the Draymond suspension.

Yeah, I cause they did such a fine job of winning GM7 at home with Draymond in the lineup, right? 

No guarantee they win GM5 either. But keep telling yourself that.

Last night’s game with CP3 out and the numerous questionable calls (or lack thereof) in the 2nd and 3rd quarters is far closer to a gift wrap by the league.

2 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

If you didn't expect the Cavs to be in the final game this year...you don't know basketball, and probably fell for the yearly Toronto Raptor hype by the media. You're gullible as hell

So why didn't you borrow some from the bank and bet the house that they'd make the finals?

After all they were +120 entering the playoffs to reach the finals. You'd have made out. 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Steeler, I know more b-ball than you can imagine. Trust me on this.  The league has always let teams play quasi zone defense. People always cheated to close down the lanes. This is one reason why the league finally came out and said they could play zone, with some stipulations . Anyway, if you were there back in the 80's and 90's following the game, for you to try and deny that the physical defense they played then compared to now  is not way different, than it is useless engaging with you. I 've seen probably 150 games live, court level, in Atlanta during the 80's watching all the eastern conference, the dynasties, the countless playoffs, come through and play the hawks. Those games were brutal and the brand of b-ball was way different than it is today. Go look up some interviews with Walt Frasier, who is current with the present day game, being an analyst for the knicks, and see what he has observed  from the game today compared to the way it used to be played. Maybe you might try and listen to one of the greats. 

The league has never let teams play quasi defense when a PF or C went to the 3 point line. They'd have to step out of the paint.

The 90s is considered tough basketball cause fights broke out. There was touch fouls left and right like I showed in that video.  Hand checking being called, even though you and others say it was allowed(which it wasn't)

1 hour ago, ThunderRam said:

Yeah, I cause they did such a fine job of winning GM7 at home with Draymond in the lineup, right? 

Last night’s game with CP3 out and the numerous questionable calls (or lack thereof) in the 2nd and 3rd quarters is far closer to a gift wrap by the league.

The big question is not how or why the warriors beat the rockets, but the real question is how did such an overrated team like the rockets dominate the regular season the way they did. Warriors played like crap half the time in the series, but when they played like the warriors we have seen in past, they just obliterated them. What does this say about the league ? Houston and Boston were good hard nosed teams, but certainly not championship caliber, not yet.

52 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The league has never let teams play quasi defense when a PF or C went to the 3 point line. They'd have to step out of the paint.

The 90s is considered tough basketball cause fights broke out. There was touch fouls left and right like I showed in that video.  Hand checking being called, even though you and others say it was allowed(which it wasn't)

Hand checking was not allowed, technically. They changed that rule I think,  before the 90's. ( Remember Nate Thurmond clamping down Jabbar at the hip ). What was allowed was the use of leaning on the player with your forearm, but not directly putting your hands on the other player. However, like all rules, they become subjective to what the ref wants to call at the time. Look at the rules  concerning traveling, or palming the ball. Don't you think guys like lebron take extra steps all the time, or carry the ball when dribbling ? Of course we know where the " 4th step"  originated. It was adopted when the refs  let Magic walk on right down the middle with the extra step, and failed to call traveling. No call. Rules are there , but often bent, and not followed. Much like our immigration  laws, wouldn't you say ?

9 hours ago, steeler01 said:

So why didn't you borrow some from the bank and bet the house that they'd make the finals?

Oh trust me, I've already received my money from gullible folks like you.

Did pretty good for myself too.

Now next year...Cavs won't touch Boston assuming Boston stays healthy. Calling it now.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:14 AM, steeler01 said:

He's better. Jordan was a better scorer that's it. Lucky for him he played during the era of iso ball. You could literally put 4 guys on one side of the court and go one on one. Now a days they'll shade you, and once you get passed the first defender the seconds one is in your way. Not the case in the 90's. In the 90's that's illegal defense. 

I agree with this if we are talking about who'd be better in the same era.   Where it get's tricky is if we account for how good they were compared to everyone else at the time.   The league just wasn't as elite athletically or skilled as it is now (not even close really).   So to me Jordan was more dominant compared to his peers than Lebron is now IMO, but that's mostly due to the evolution of the game and the high level it's being played now.    I really believe a lot of today's "avg" role/bench guys would be stars in the 80s/90s.   It's just a different age. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

No, 27 missed 3 pointers in a row is a gift wrap for the Warriors.

The better team won. Houston ran out of gas. They weren't ready for the big time yet.

Warriors in 5 against the Cavs.

Ring #3

23 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

And let’s not forget that GSW benefitted from a key injury to their opponent too.

2018- Iguodala hurt. Out most of series. Curry coming off MCL injury for christ sake. Still isn't 100 percent. No excuses right?

2016- Bogut out entire series. Igoudala back injury mid way through series. Curry coming off MCL injury. Draymond suspended for game 5 when Cavs are on the ropes. No excuses right?

But all of that is just "injuries are part of the game."

Other teams lost a guy against the Warriors, and everyone cries foul. Get over it.

The Warriors are the best team in the NBA by far. And arguably the best of all time.

If you don't like that, don't watch. Warriors in 5.