Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Feel free to answer this question @noonereal @dbcaptiron @Belly Bob @Drummer61 @BUFORDGAWOLVES

I think anybody that falls back on a crutch regardless of color needs to go where their belief system is appreciated.

Planet Sportnut is nice, I hear... Rab is already there, waiting on Block and Sportsnut.

Bitch, moan, complain, harboring hatred, etc is just corrosive.

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So let me ask you this (be honest too): do you think that this country would be better without blacks? I mean, it seems as if caucasians get tired of blacks using the race card, so in order to eliminate the issues, wouldn't this country be better off without people of color?

Do you believe that the best way to eliminate race issues would be to eliminate white people? And Asians? And Hispanics? And Jews? And every other racial or ethnic group that black people have had issues with in this country?

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Do you believe that the best way to eliminate race issues would be to eliminate white people? And Asians? And Hispanics? And Jews? And every other racial or ethnic group that black people have had issues with in this country?

Personally we all need to get busy fucking and just eliminate the color issue altogether.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

There are more "minorities" than there are whites in this country.

You will be treated the same as everyone else.

You need to accept that. The card and the special treatment doesn't apply to anyone.

Treated like everyone else huh!  Well when am I going to see the opiod user communities locked up and war placed on them like it was with the urban crack epidemic?  

hell, there was a senator a few years back that said opiod users need rehab, not jail.  However, that was not the case for crack users now was it?  Wanna guess the primary demographic for the use of each those drugs?

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So let me ask you this (be honest too): do you think that this country would be better without blacks? I mean, it seems as if caucasians get tired of blacks using the race card, so in order to eliminate the issues, wouldn't this country be better off without people of color?

This country is what it is because of diversity. 

It would be a much better place if blacks didn't constantly use the race card in order to get their way and blame others. 

Time to move on. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Treated like everyone else huh!  Well when am I going to see the opiod user communities locked up and war placed on them like it was with the urban crack epidemic?  

hell, there was a senator a few years back that said opiod users need rehab, not jail.  However, that was not the case for crack users now was it?  Wanna guess the primary demographic for the use of each those drugs?

That right there is a good point....

Yes Sir!

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It is ones choice to do drugs or not. 

Blaming one group or another about the drugs they chose to do, isn't doing anything productive. If you don't like the laws then lobby to change them. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

P

olice haven't released the names of the men who were arrested. A spokesman for the district attorney's office said the two were released "because of lack of evidence" that a crime had been committed, but declined further comment, citing a police investigation.

At the protest, Wendy Mial vowed to never enter another Starbucks. Mial, 53, said she was "devastated" by the arrests and urged the small crowd not to the "choose the wrong enemy."

"The enemy, in some ways, is ourselves," she said. "Look how few people are here today. Who's not outraged about this?"

What???

10 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Feel free to answer this question @noonereal @dbcaptiron @Belly Bob @Drummer61 @BUFORDGAWOLVES

Your question is rhetorical and non productive. 

The real problems faced by people of color is the lack of opportunities that have not afflicted other groups the same. 

IMHO, this is where your focus should be not in fatalistic utterances because you want universal condemnation without thought. 

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree with you that it's hard to prove beyond a shadow of doubt whether implicit bias was a factor in this case.

I guess we disagree about what follows from that. 

I believe that if you're going to protest and call for people to be fired, you should have more evidence than what has been made available to us.

I appreciate the discussion. I've learned a lot. 

I already spoke that the protests and national attention from this was an overreach. its a local, singular event and should be addressed as such.

Just now, Belly Bob said:

At this point, America might have to use the apartheid method in order to marginalize the issue. Yes, I know that goes against what America stands for, but damn! You gotta do something to fix this issue since racism will never die. 

28 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

It is ones choice to do drugs or not. 

Blaming one group or another about the drugs they chose to do, isn't doing anything productive. If you don't like the laws then lobby to change them. 

You were the one that said blacks get preferential treatment and how we should expect to be treated like everyone else when it came me to the law, as if the laws come down harder on white communities... give me a break. I used the opiod crisis as a clear example that it does not and will not .

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Your question is rhetorical and non productive. 

The real problems faced by people of color is the lack of opportunities that have not afflicted other groups the same. 

IMHO, this is where your focus should be not in fatalistic utterances because you want universal condemnation without thought. 

The reason I asked that question is because of what block said about blacks using the race card constantly. So, in order to eliminate the constant nagging, I figured I'd ask y'all if America would be better off without blacks. Legit question. Non rhetorical. 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I already spoke that the protests and national attention from this was an overreach. its a local, singular event and should be addressed as such.

I thought that that I remembered you saying that somewhere, and I paraphrased you as having said that somewhere.

I guess we don't disagree on much then. 

We seem to agree that there is nothing definitive, or beyond a shadow of a doubt, as they say in court.

I guess we just disagree about how strong the evidence is, which is a pretty slight disagreement, it seems to me. 

11 minutes ago, TheBlockIsHot said:

This country is what it is because of diversity. 

It would be a much better place if blacks didn't constantly use the race card in order to get their way and blame others. 

Time to move on. 

You do know that it was not the black guys that started this, but it was the white female patron that witnessed it and recorded it that helped this become viral.  

I guess she doesn't count, she's just a bleeding heart liberal, surely she couldn't see injustice. Smh

• Like 1