Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

DCP, you've said really nothing but lair and stupid repeatedly.  You're making the same points over and over and speculating on most...again.

you have no self control nor discipline that's why you lose it like you do.  If you're not stalking folks around the forum you're calling names.

Nonetheless, at the end of the day, the guys aren't being charged for anything and will get a big payday..

Unless the facts change....deal with it!  

#winning. 😂

Yes preach to your flock...

that all they have to do, is incite hatred and violence in the streets, and you can all have free 'Starbucks' for dinner.....

#winning

giphy.gif

The first true thing you have said in some time...

As that formula has been the 'way of the world' for quite some time now....

giphy.gif

Never look to yourself, or admit your own faults and you should be good with that one.....

Hell...strike up the band......you've arrived...

finally made it...

giphy.gif

Just like "whitey" you are now....Starbuck's and all.....

49 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

Yes preach to your flock...

that all they have to do, is incite hatred and violence in the streets, and you can all have free 'Starbucks' for dinner.....

#winning

giphy.gif

The first true thing you have said in some time...

As that formula has been the 'way of the world' for quite some time now....

giphy.gif

Never look to yourself, or admit your own faults and you should be good with that one.....

Hell...strike up the band......you've arrived...

finally made it...

giphy.gif

Just like "whitey" you are now....Starbuck's and all.....

you know me as horsefly (this is the ONLY place I use the name) , you wouldn't know me if I walked right by you.  I say this to say, you haven't the slightest who I am, but yet you offer some silly lecture on self reflection...

I don't personalize this case, nor the folks in them.  Nothing they do is central nor defines my life.  This is why I think you're off center a little.  I take it this keeps you up at night and you define your life by it..to each his own.

ive got a taste for a latte, think I'll go to Starbucks and get one (after I piss first though, don't need trouble)  😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

you know me as horsefly (this is the ONLY place I use the name) , you wouldn't know me if I walked right by you.  I say this to say, you haven't the slightest who I am, but yet you offer some silly lecture on self reflection...

I don't personalize this case, nor the folks in them.  Nothing they do is central nor defines my life.  This is why I think you're off center a little.  I take it this keeps you up at night and you define your life by it..to each his own.

ive got a taste for a latte, think I'll go to Starbucks and get one (after I piss first though, don't need trouble)  😂

I told you so. ;)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, DarterBlue said:

After reading the link and watching the video, it looks bad. To my rather sensitive persona, given who I am, I don't see a justification to arrest them. They did not seem as if they were putting up any resistance to LEO. I can't see why LE could not have just persuaded them to leave, since it appears management did not want them there. Or, if they wanted to make sure the situation was deescalated enough just drive them away to a safe distance and then release them. I see no basis for taking these men back to a precinct. 

When I see this, it makes me wonder if the USA is heading back to a "whites only" place in commercial places. That would be pretty remarkable (in a very bad way), given how far this society has come. I have been in many restaurants over the years where I had to wait on company to arrive (I tend to be a bit early, always have). Fortunately, I have never been treated like this when I explained the situation to restaurant employees. If after doing so, they saw fit to call the cops to remove me, I would be extremely angry. I probably would not have behaved as civilly as the two guys in the video! 

I normally don't comment in black/white threads on this forum. But this situation pisses me off.

Lets see; two men enter a business and sit down.  One wants to use the services but is told to purchase something first at which time they both refuse and still insist on using the business's services.   Hhmmm, a sense of self-entitlement???

Now if your son or daughter or wife is working and they feel uneasy about two black guys coming in and just sitting there staring at them for 10 minutes, refusing to buy anything; wouldn't they/you be a bit apprehensive (and its not like two black men never robbed a Starbucks in Philly before)???  Yes you would as anyone would be not knowing what's about to take place.  Its now called loitering and then trespassing and BOTH are crimes.  The only people here who did something wrong are the two guys that came in to hang out and didn't buy anything. 

some of you still don't get that its really not about color but about actions; just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.  I think too many people are thinking they have all the rights in the world and can do whatever the hell they think they want to do. 

Starbucks is a business and if you don't buy something, get the fuck out!!!  Starbucks isn't there to let two grown men take up space for free.  And if this was your business your panties would be in a wad!!!  A cup of coffee would have been enough to keep this from becoming sooooooooo over-exaggerated but don't let me tell two men of color what to do or how to do it, I'm sure that's racist as well.  

23 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I guess so.

I personally don't believe she woulda called the cops on her own kind or asked them to leave. This whole situation is fucked up tho. I honestly feel like SHE was uncomfortable of two black men being in starbucks for an extended period of time......not the customers, who happened to be white. 

As an employee with money in the cash register, is she really wrong for being uncomfortable, apprehensive, scared, etc... with two grown black men sitting in there staring at her for 10 minutes while NOT buying anything from the BUSINESS they entered???  NO not a bit!!!  Come on man, you got to have more sense than that.

Now it will be against the law to fear possible criminal acts???  You have to wait to be a victim before responding to your own feelings of apprehensiveness and intimidation???

53 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You want 'dialogue' with your protest/agenda'.....you got it...

If you want to get OFF square one, you have to first identify the problem...

and come to the table with an honest assessment of what's going on...

If you cannot admit your own faults, you can never expect to have anyone else admit theirs...it's a non-sequitur. 

58 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Take it however you like, I don't personalize this either...

do as you prefer...

ive got a taste for a latte, think I'll go to Starbucks and get one

#winning...good for you....

Oh wait...gotta tell you...

Can't get your Starbuck's today....Gotta Protest that boogieman remember?  Your not 'supposed to' patronized them until they give in to more of your 'demands'.....Starbucks is closed today (good job)..

Image result for starbucks protest philadelphia

You are supposed to be there, but you better bring a 'protest cup' that doesn't say starbuck's on it....

Not to worry....MSM is all over it...they have no problem in promoting it too...there's money and free coffee to be made don't you see....

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/starbucks-protest-boycott-philadelphia-best-independent-coffee-shops-20180416.html

Enjoy your morning coffee in 'protest'...such a good life of denial it is....shame though, you somehow 'miss' that flavor you were 'really' wanting.....

(after I piss first though, don't need trouble)  😂

Yes...too funny...tears of laughter from you...

Don't worry tho.... if you just hold that in for a few days, I'm sure the boogieman will give in...

Then you can feel free to abuse the services of others....anyway you like....

Just ignore the repercussions of your actions, and all will be good...

Might be a little hard tho, you know, stepping over all those bodies in the bathroom to take your piss...

See the source image

So which do you think is WORSE?

The chemical compound in Opioids......or your own actions?

Yes enjoy your morning coffee.....and don't forget to piss on those dead bodies on your way out...

#winning you are.... 

30 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Now if your son or daughter or wife is working and they feel uneasy about two black guys coming in and just sitting there staring at them for 10 minutes, refusing to buy anything; wouldn't they/you be a bit apprehensive (and its not like two black men never robbed a Starbucks in Philly before)???  Yes you would as anyone would be not knowing what's about to take place.  Its now called loitering and then trespassing and BOTH are crimes.  The only people here who did something wrong are the two guys that came in to hang out and didn't buy anything. 

some of you still don't get that its really not about color but about actions; just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.  I think too many people are thinking they have all the rights in the world and can do whatever the hell they think they want to do. 

Aha, on the one hand, you suggest it's not about color. But in the paragraph above you refer to two black men not two men or two brown men or two white men, but two black men. Unfortunately, in the USA too often it's about color. It is just the way things are.

For my part, when I get to a restaurant or bar ahead of my company, if I don't wish to order ahead, I generally ask the staff it's they would mind if I take a seat till my company arrives. Usually, they say that's fine, especially if I have been to the establishment before. If I see hesitancy on their part, I either wait in the parking lot, if I still desire to meet my company at the establishment; or I may call my company and suggest we meet elsewhere. But that's just me. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

As an employee with money in the cash register, is she really wrong for being uncomfortable, apprehensive, scared, etc... with two grown black men sitting in there staring at her for 10 minutes while NOT buying anything from the BUSINESS they entered???  NO not a bit!!!  Come on man, you got to have more sense than that.

Now it will be against the law to fear possible criminal acts???  You have to wait to be a victim before responding to your own feelings of apprehensiveness and intimidation???

Who said that they were staring at her for 10 minutes? According to reports, they were sitting there waiting on their friend. People do that shit ALL THE TIME!!!!! Even at starbucks! And like I said yesterday, if she feels intimidated by black men, then she's in the wrong damn industry. 

And what does them being "grown, black men" have to do with anything? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Who said that they were staring at her for 10 minutes? According to reports, they were sitting there waiting on their friend. People do that shit ALL THE TIME!!!!! Even at starbucks! And like I said yesterday, if she feels intimidated by black men, then she's in the wrong damn industry. 

And what does them being "grown, black men" have to do with anything? 

This is irrelevant. If someone is not buying something at the business, their "being there" is at the discretion of the business. The business asked them to leave. They did not leave.

That is why they were forced to leave.

Nothing burger #54.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I have to credit you with your patience.  Impressive.

That clown has been teaching me tolerance and it's tough going bc he is an epic clown...with squirrels in his head.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Aha, on the one hand, you suggest it's not about color. But in the paragraph above you refer to two black men not two men or two brown men or two white men, but two black men. Unfortunately, in the USA too often it's about color. It is just the way things are.

For my part, when I get to a restaurant or bar ahead of my company, if I don't wish to order ahead, I generally ask the staff it's they would mind if I take a seat till my company arrives. Usually, they say that's fine, especially if I have been to the establishment before. If I see hesitancy on their part, I either wait in the parking lot, if I still desire to meet my company at the establishment; or I may call my company and suggest we meet elsewhere. But that's just me. 

This right here is downright beautiful...

I cannot like this post enough....

But somehow I always knew you where truly enlightened,

and have enough faith (in yourself as well) to take the lead by example....

Kudos

And I'm sure you probably enjoy your coffee more than anyone ...

You don't have to think of others before yourself...yet you do...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

Yes she would be wrong.  You or her can live in fear if you want but that has nothing to do with anything other than your OWN fear.  What are you afraid of?  They were waiting for somebody right?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbcaptiron said:

Poor nooner...what happened?

Did Someone break your cherished toy "homemade quotes"...

with the simplest of kindergarten logic hammer?

giphy.gif

That's ok, it will probably start feeling better soon....

what would you mom and dad say if they knew you post pics of dead bodies on the internet or read the hate and screams for attention in your  posts? 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

what would you mom and dad say if they knew you post pics of dead bodies on the internet or read the hate and screams for attention in your  posts? 

many ways to 'fight the good fight'....sometimes it's as dirty as a picture...

And was i really the one....you know ...

that put that dead body there?

14 minutes ago, dbcaptiron said:

many ways to 'fight the good fight'....sometimes it's as dirty as a picture...

And was i really the one....you know ...

that put that dead body there?

Geez man, you're not fighting any fight sitting on your ASS flatulating bs on this forum. Stop patting yourself on the back with this circle jerk. You're an internet crusader...nothing more.

Get into the communities and actually fight for whatever your cause then get back to us. This is why I laugh at you when you go off on the deep end.

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Common sense and respect for one another is not what we do here.

It's race, political affiliation, stereotyping, bias, etc.,.

That's what we do here....

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Common sense and respect for one another is not what we do here.

It's race, political affiliation, stereotyping, bias, etc.,.

That's what we do here....

Yep. That's about it. I think many come on here to vent. It probably beats shouting at the kids or kicking the dog! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Geez man, you're not fighting any fight sitting on your ASS flatulating bullshit on this forum. Stop patting yourself on the back with this circle jerk. You're an internet crusader...nothing more.

Get into the communities and actually fight for whatever your cause then back to us. This is why I laugh at you when you go off on the deep end.

Yup, and the store manager is out of a job, because being a patron of the establishment is just too hard.

Take a piss and hang out...use the wi-fi...it is Philly, you know. Hard town.

Ask folks to participate and patronize the establishment turns into a race card issue.

If you park your ass with another homie at the end of my driveway, for no other reason but to be a dick... I'm responding in kind.

It just boils down to respect for one another. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Geez man, you're not fighting any fight sitting on your ASS flatulating bullshit on this forum. Stop patting yourself on the back with this circle jerk. You're an internet crusader...nothing more.

Think what you will....

It is not me who is "off the deep end"....I can admit my own faults...

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Get into the communities and actually fight for whatever your cause then back to us. This is why I laugh at you when you go off on the deep end.

I'll be back up in Paterson NJ this weekend, my wife teaches the 'worst of the worst' from Camden NJ in the most critical point of their lives just after high school...and not because 'the job' pays well...

Anytime you'd like to come up here and help feel free...I'd be happy to meet you and discuss...or compare ghettos..

and I am not nearly as prideful (for myself at least) as you seem to think...

Keep laughing....Those tears will come out soon...

1 minute ago, dbcaptiron said:

Think what you will....

It is not me who is "off the deep end"....I can admit my own faults...

I'll be back up in Paterson NJ this weekend, my wife teaches the 'worst of the worst' from Camden NJ in the most critical point of their lives just after high school...and not because 'the job' pays well...

Anytime you'd like to come up here and help feel free...I'd be happy to meet you and discuss...or compare ghettos..

and I am not nearly as prideful (for myself at least) as you seem to think...

Keep laughing....Those tears will come out soon...

sit back and reflect if you believe this

i have a hunch you are a swell dude not aware of how he is coming off.

Are you man enough to look inward?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

sit back and reflect if you believe this

i have a hunch you are a swell dude not aware of how he is coming off.

Are you man enough to look inward?

Nooner i have many, many faults.  This I admit freely...

This is a 'no hold barred' dialogue is it not?  the best and fastest way to come to some 'resolution'?

The only thing I asked of the conversation was for everyone to be willing to do the same as you suggest....and be honest with themselves on the subject at hand...

So (you know I 'hate' to do it ;) but) I have to now LIKE your post as well....xD

• Haha 1

The Times reports that this particular Starbucks did have "a rule in place that customers can use the restrooms only if they purchase something."

http://time.com/5241671/starbucks-philadelphia-bathroom-rights/

The LA Times reports that Police Commissioner Richard Ross believes that Starbucks is "at least consistent in their policy" regarding who is allowed to use the bathroom since he knows of a uniformed officer who was denied access to the bathroom because he had not bought anything.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-starbucks-arrest-20180414-story.html

It seems to me that those of you who are claiming that race had little or nothing to do with this event and those of who are claiming that it was an important factor are going beyond the available evidence. And I haven't yet seen anything interesting or unobvious in this thread that would suggest otherwise. 

If it shows anything, it shows how people already have their minds made up about how the world works and that they disregard or devalue evidence that counts against their prejudices. 

• Like 3